You can't cheat the phone company.

devel / comp.theory / Re: Update On My Possible Future Plans

SubjectAuthor
* Update On My Possible Future PlansB.H.
+* Update On My Possible Future PlansB.H.
|`* Update On My Possible Future PlansB.H.
| +* Update On My Possible Future Plans (Ben Graham)olcott
| |`* Update On My Possible Future Plans (Ben Graham)B.H.
| | `* Update On My Possible Future Plans (Ben Graham)olcott
| |  `- Update On My Possible Future Plans (Ben Graham)B.H.
| +* Update On My Possible Future Planswij
| |`* Update On My Possible Future PlansB.H.
| | `- Update On My Possible Future Planswij
| `- Update On My Possible Future PlansB.H.
`* Update On My Possible Future Plansolcott
 `* Update On My Possible Future PlansB.H.
  `* Update On My Possible Future Plansolcott
   `* Update On My Possible Future PlansB.H.
    +- Update On My Possible Future PlansB.H.
    `* Update On My Possible Future Planswij
     `* Update On My Possible Future PlansB.H.
      `* Update On My Possible Future Planswij
       `- Update On My Possible Future PlansB.H.

1
Update On My Possible Future Plans

<658c1a15-0634-48ff-b3a8-a08045a43724n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=25627&group=comp.theory#25627

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 15:16:22 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Update On My Possible Future Plans
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Sat, 15 Jan 2022 23:16 UTC

Hi everyone,

I am still looking for work in computer programming. If it turns out that I can sell my restricted assignment problem IP before I get a job, I might just sell that.

After that, I still plan to write fiction someday...but I am increasingly likely to start a web startup first, since I now believe that I would be able to handle it from a stress and time investment perspective, and I think I would be extremely successful at it and make money much faster than I would based on careful fundamental algorithmic trading (which I assert is possible but not as lucrative as starting a business, given certain technological capabilities). I am not ready to announce any specifics yet, but as of this evening, I have been seriously considering starting a web-based business again.

The sooner I can get started on that, the better and less embarrassing it will be for the business and political leadership of the USA! I'm fairly confident that historians will remember my business work someday, as well as the work on curing diseases that I will do someday.

-Philip White (philipjwhite@yahoo.com)

Re: Update On My Possible Future Plans

<904d5965-bad1-48d9-b84a-b7daedd0d70dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=25725&group=comp.theory#25725

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 08:11:24 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Update On My Possible Future Plans
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 16:11 UTC

On Saturday, January 15, 2022 at 6:16:24 PM UTC-5, B.H. wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am still looking for work in computer programming. If it turns out that I can sell my restricted assignment problem IP before I get a job, I might just sell that.
>
> After that, I still plan to write fiction someday...but I am increasingly likely to start a web startup first, since I now believe that I would be able to handle it from a stress and time investment perspective, and I think I would be extremely successful at it and make money much faster than I would based on careful fundamental algorithmic trading (which I assert is possible but not as lucrative as starting a business, given certain technological capabilities). I am not ready to announce any specifics yet, but as of this evening, I have been seriously considering starting a web-based business again.
>
> The sooner I can get started on that, the better and less embarrassing it will be for the business and political leadership of the USA! I'm fairly confident that historians will remember my business work someday, as well as the work on curing diseases that I will do someday.
>
> -Philip White (philip...@yahoo.com)

Update:

I'm re-considering just doing investing instead of a startup. It occurred to me that it might take a long time to build a web-startup company that people would trust and overcome their reluctance to start using, so investing might be faster after all.

-Philip White

Re: Update On My Possible Future Plans

<ecGdnWEUbN1ypnX8nZ2dnUU7-QWdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=25726&group=comp.theory#25726

Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 10:27:26 -0600
Newsgroups: comp.theory
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
 by: olcott - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 16:27 UTC

On 1/15/2022 5:16 PM, B.H. wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am still looking for work in computer programming.

You can work on open source projects to gain credible experience.
How much computer science / computer programming do you know?
What programming language do you know?

--
Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott

Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Re: Update On My Possible Future Plans

<9a02c40a-0387-44a4-a1cc-6cb9d3d5546an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=25727&group=comp.theory#25727

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 11:28:17 -0800 (PST)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 19:28 UTC

On Wednesday, January 19, 2022 at 11:27:34 AM UTC-5, olcott wrote:
> On 1/15/2022 5:16 PM, B.H. wrote:
> >
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I am still looking for work in computer programming.
> You can work on open source projects to gain credible experience.
> How much computer science / computer programming do you know?
> What programming language do you know?

I am extremely excellent at programming. I am especially good at C++.

No open source projects will help; the problem is political.

-Philip

> > If it turns out that I can sell my restricted assignment problem IP before I get a job, I might just sell that.
> >
> > After that, I still plan to write fiction someday...but I am increasingly likely to start a web startup first, since I now believe that I would be able to handle it from a stress and time investment perspective, and I think I would be extremely successful at it and make money much faster than I would based on careful fundamental algorithmic trading (which I assert is possible but not as lucrative as starting a business, given certain technological capabilities). I am not ready to announce any specifics yet, but as of this evening, I have been seriously considering starting a web-based business again.
> >
> > The sooner I can get started on that, the better and less embarrassing it will be for the business and political leadership of the USA! I'm fairly confident that historians will remember my business work someday, as well as the work on curing diseases that I will do someday.
> >
> > -Philip White (philip...@yahoo.com)
> --
> Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott
>
> Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
> Genius hits a target no one else can see.
> Arthur Schopenhauer

Re: Update On My Possible Future Plans

<ss9t3f$8ed$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=25733&group=comp.theory#25733

From: polco...@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 14:42:21 -0600
 by: olcott - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 20:42 UTC

On 1/19/2022 1:28 PM, B.H. wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 19, 2022 at 11:27:34 AM UTC-5, olcott wrote:
>> On 1/15/2022 5:16 PM, B.H. wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> I am still looking for work in computer programming.
>> You can work on open source projects to gain credible experience.
>> How much computer science / computer programming do you know?
>> What programming language do you know?
>

> I am extremely excellent at programming. I am especially good at C++.
>
> No open source projects will help; the problem is political.
>
> -Philip

C++ is also my main language. You can bypass political problems by doing
business under a company name. If no one knows who you are then they
cannot possibly hold who you are against you.

This might be a place where you can get jobs under your company name:
https://www.freelancer.com/

--
Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
Genius hits a target no one else can see." Arthur Schopenhauer

Re: Update On My Possible Future Plans

<6a66ba71-3bf9-43f1-a3bb-dd74bc3dd555n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=25735&group=comp.theory#25735

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 13:22:35 -0800 (PST)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 21:22 UTC

On Wednesday, January 19, 2022 at 3:42:26 PM UTC-5, olcott wrote:
> On 1/19/2022 1:28 PM, B.H. wrote:

> >> You can work on open source projects to gain credible experience.
> >> How much computer science / computer programming do you know?
> >> What programming language do you know?
> >

> > I am extremely excellent at programming. I am especially good at C++.
> >
> > No open source projects will help; the problem is political.
> >
> > -Philip
> >
> C++ is also my main language. You can bypass political problems by doing
> business under a company name. If no one knows who you are then they
> cannot possibly hold who you are against you.
>
> This might be a place where you can get jobs under your company name:
> https://www.freelancer.com/

> >> --
> >> Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott
> >>
> >> Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
> >> Genius hits a target no one else can see.
> >> Arthur Schopenhauer
>

> --
> Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
> Genius hits a target no one else can see." Arthur Schopenhauer

Well, I appreciate that you're trying to help...but I'm currently at a point where no one will email me. I think it is related to the idea of the CIA tracking whom I communicate with electronically. Almost no one speaks to me when I leave my parents' house, where I've been forced to live by the government. Apparently, mental health advocacy organizations have betrayed many of the mentally ill whom they are supposed to represent; I joined NAMI a few months ago, and now I am certainly not being treated better at all. It is of course mystery how the crooked lobbyists assess, in collaboration or not, which mentally ill individuals qualify as "one of the good ones." I am healthy, law-abiding, not dangerous, and in treatment, as I have been for the past decade, and yet I have no support system and am literally constantly harassed by government IC moles (literally) simply for having spoken out about government corruption and how I was treated. I have made huge contributions to national security and "life-saving in general" and the rule of law, and, in accordance with my contingency plan, the fact these contributions have idiotically not been valued properly has ruined the political outcomes for many evildoers who betrayed me or were too friendly to those who betrayed me. Some idiots actually think they're getting "free service from a dopey compulsive slave"...I believe I've played on the addiction to that sadistic and stupid mentality to ruin lots of careers, including political careers. I'm proud of it, actually.

I'll probably win someday and at least get a job...the sheer cost of continuing to hurt is, whether it can be seen or not, extremely overwhelming to the people who are attacking me. The question, will the bad guys ever explain what they've done to their backers' interests to their backers? It's a good reason not to trust a liar in politics.

Also, in my experience, most freelance jobs are not very lucrative...I used to code a little bit on rentacoder.com when I was in college before its name changed. The pay was very low.

Thanks though.

-Philip

Re: Update On My Possible Future Plans

<aa4c1bda-556a-49a1-888d-39ea31926f50n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=25738&group=comp.theory#25738

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 13:48:53 -0800 (PST)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 21:48 UTC

On Wednesday, January 19, 2022 at 4:22:37 PM UTC-5, B.H. wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 19, 2022 at 3:42:26 PM UTC-5, olcott wrote:

> > > I am extremely excellent at programming. I am especially good at C++.
> > >
> > > No open source projects will help; the problem is political.
> > >
> > > -Philip
> > >
> > C++ is also my main language. You can bypass political problems by doing
> > business under a company name. If no one knows who you are then they
> > cannot possibly hold who you are against you.
> >
> > This might be a place where you can get jobs under your company name:
> > https://www.freelancer.com/

> > --
> > Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
> > Genius hits a target no one else can see." Arthur Schopenhauer
> Well, I appreciate that you're trying to help...but I'm currently at a point where no one will email me. I think it is related to the idea of the CIA tracking whom I communicate with electronically. Almost no one speaks to me when I leave my parents' house, where I've been forced to live by the government. Apparently, mental health advocacy organizations have betrayed many of the mentally ill whom they are supposed to represent; I joined NAMI a few months ago, and now I am certainly not being treated better at all. It is of course mystery how the crooked lobbyists assess, in collaboration or not, which mentally ill individuals qualify as "one of the good ones." I am healthy, law-abiding, not dangerous, and in treatment, as I have been for the past decade, and yet I have no support system and am literally constantly harassed by government IC moles (literally) simply for having spoken out about government corruption and how I was treated. I have made huge contributions to national security and "life-saving in general" and the rule of law, and, in accordance with my contingency plan, the fact these contributions have idiotically not been valued properly has ruined the political outcomes for many evildoers who betrayed me or were too friendly to those who betrayed me. Some idiots actually think they're getting "free service from a dopey compulsive slave"...I believe I've played on the addiction to that sadistic and stupid mentality to ruin lots of careers, including political careers. I'm proud of it, actually.
>
> I'll probably win someday and at least get a job...the sheer cost of continuing to hurt is, whether it can be seen or not, extremely overwhelming to the people who are attacking me. The question, will the bad guys ever explain what they've done to their backers' interests to their backers? It's a good reason not to trust a liar in politics.
>
> Also, in my experience, most freelance jobs are not very lucrative...I used to code a little bit on rentacoder.com when I was in college before its name changed. The pay was very low.
>
> Thanks though.
>
> -Philip

(Probably, the gesture is a good-lawyer-backed screw-you to show (prove) that no one in the local government or others who have claimed that the "watch and isolate Philip movement" is based on "concerns about my stability and mental health" actually believes this. The lying cops and government types say that the planes, etc., are there to help me as they "try to help me get stable"...but they have lost track of their own lies, and don't realize that it's absurd to complain that I "might be unstable" and also insist that I should be deprived of sleep--sleep is very important for my mental health condition. Perhaps I appear to be getting too healthy, and some crooks want to establish a way to make me look "weak" and less healthy to justify more illegal sadistic fun-time laziness action by the local government? I don't know if it's Gov. Youngkin's fault yet; if it is, he is, like Ralph Northam, never going to have a good job or a good family reputation after he is done in the Governor's Office.)

Re: Update On My Possible Future Plans

<1aca37dd-15e8-4e50-90c4-dae4cbdcea39n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=25765&group=comp.theory#25765

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 09:16:43 -0800 (PST)
From: wyni...@gmail.com (wij)
 by: wij - Thu, 20 Jan 2022 17:16 UTC

On Thursday, 20 January 2022 at 05:22:37 UTC+8, B.H. wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 19, 2022 at 3:42:26 PM UTC-5, olcott wrote:

> > > I am extremely excellent at programming. I am especially good at C++.
> > >
> > > No open source projects will help; the problem is political.
> > >
> > > -Philip
> > >
> > C++ is also my main language. You can bypass political problems by doing
> > business under a company name. If no one knows who you are then they
> > cannot possibly hold who you are against you.
> >
> > This might be a place where you can get jobs under your company name:
> > https://www.freelancer.com/

> > --
> > Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
> > Genius hits a target no one else can see." Arthur Schopenhauer
> Well, I appreciate that you're trying to help...but I'm currently at a point where no one will email me. I think it is related to the idea of the CIA tracking whom I communicate with electronically. Almost no one speaks to me when I leave my parents' house, where I've been forced to live by the government. Apparently, mental health advocacy organizations have betrayed many of the mentally ill whom they are supposed to represent; I joined NAMI a few months ago, and now I am certainly not being treated better at all. It is of course mystery how the crooked lobbyists assess, in collaboration or not, which mentally ill individuals qualify as "one of the good ones." I am healthy, law-abiding, not dangerous, and in treatment, as I have been for the past decade, and yet I have no support system and am literally constantly harassed by government IC moles (literally) simply for having spoken out about government corruption and how I was treated. I have made huge contributions to national security and "life-saving in general" and the rule of law, and, in accordance with my contingency plan, the fact these contributions have idiotically not been valued properly has ruined the political outcomes for many evildoers who betrayed me or were too friendly to those who betrayed me. Some idiots actually think they're getting "free service from a dopey compulsive slave"...I believe I've played on the addiction to that sadistic and stupid mentality to ruin lots of careers, including political careers. I'm proud of it, actually.
>
> I'll probably win someday and at least get a job...the sheer cost of continuing to hurt is, whether it can be seen or not, extremely overwhelming to the people who are attacking me. The question, will the bad guys ever explain what they've done to their backers' interests to their backers? It's a good reason not to trust a liar in politics.
>
> Also, in my experience, most freelance jobs are not very lucrative...I used to code a little bit on rentacoder.com when I was in college before its name changed. The pay was very low.
>
> Thanks though.
>
> -Philip

From what I read, I would suggest you should not give yourself too much pressure
because it seems the source of your illness. Or, for the moment, any easy job or task
will do, NOTHING more important than health.
Enjoy the jobless time that not many can have. If you are happy, all around you will
be happy, too.

Re: Update On My Possible Future Plans

<e383bff5-c8ee-4ddc-b511-afba879b53acn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=25766&group=comp.theory#25766

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 14:27:49 -0800 (PST)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Thu, 20 Jan 2022 22:27 UTC

On Thursday, January 20, 2022 at 12:16:45 PM UTC-5, wij wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > Also, in my experience, most freelance jobs are not very lucrative...I used to code a little bit on rentacoder.com when I was in college before its name changed. The pay was very low.
> >
> > Thanks though.
> >
> > -Philip
> From what I read, I would suggest you should not give yourself too much pressure
> because it seems the source of your illness. Or, for the moment, any easy job or task
> will do, NOTHING more important than health.
> Enjoy the jobless time that not many can have. If you are happy, all around you will

Have you considered going away and not interacting with me on the internet or responding to my post, as I've repeatedly requested?

Re: Update On My Possible Future Plans

<0615960e-92dd-4bd0-884a-de26dca973a5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=25773&group=comp.theory#25773

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 17:03:31 -0800 (PST)
From: wyni...@gmail.com (wij)
 by: wij - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 01:03 UTC

On Friday, 21 January 2022 at 06:27:51 UTC+8, B.H. wrote:
> On Thursday, January 20, 2022 at 12:16:45 PM UTC-5, wij wrote:

> > > Well, I appreciate that you're trying to help...but I'm currently at a point where no one will email me. I think it is related to the idea of the CIA tracking whom I communicate with electronically. Almost no one speaks to me when I leave my parents' house, where I've been forced to live by the government. Apparently, mental health advocacy organizations have betrayed many of the mentally ill whom they are supposed to represent; I joined NAMI a few months ago, and now I am certainly not being treated better at all.. It is of course mystery how the crooked lobbyists assess, in collaboration or not, which mentally ill individuals qualify as "one of the good ones." I am healthy, law-abiding, not dangerous, and in treatment, as I have been for the past decade, and yet I have no support system and am literally constantly harassed by government IC moles (literally) simply for having spoken out about government corruption and how I was treated. I have made huge contributions to national security and "life-saving in general" and the rule of law, and, in accordance with my contingency plan, the fact these contributions have idiotically not been valued properly has ruined the political outcomes for many evildoers who betrayed me or were too friendly to those who betrayed me. Some idiots actually think they're getting "free service from a dopey compulsive slave"...I believe I've played on the addiction to that sadistic and stupid mentality to ruin lots of careers, including political careers. I'm proud of it, actually.
> > >
> > > I'll probably win someday and at least get a job...the sheer cost of continuing to hurt is, whether it can be seen or not, extremely overwhelming to the people who are attacking me. The question, will the bad guys ever explain what they've done to their backers' interests to their backers? It's a good reason not to trust a liar in politics.
> > >
> > > Also, in my experience, most freelance jobs are not very lucrative...I used to code a little bit on rentacoder.com when I was in college before its name changed. The pay was very low.
> > >
> > > Thanks though.
> > >
> > > -Philip
> > From what I read, I would suggest you should not give yourself too much pressure
> > because it seems the source of your illness. Or, for the moment, any easy job or task
> > will do, NOTHING more important than health.
> > Enjoy the jobless time that not many can have. If you are happy, all around you will
> > be happy, too.
> Have you considered going away and not interacting with me on the internet or responding to my post, as I've repeatedly requested?

I'd like to, but nop. Because you are a candidate of more serous crimes.
What is your intent keeps using the place of internet as your personal toilet
dumping various kind of excrement? It is not impossible FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer is you
https://groups.google.com/g/comp.theory/c/s7EE11T72ig
Or the next one is you. Or you may plan to bomb Oklahoma City again or set fire
somewhere. Or you are a spy of CIA or of other nations making political
disinformations for some purpose.
Will you upgrade your speech attack toward nancy, mark, joe biden to action?
We don't believe schizophrenia bullshit, deployment of an excuse or alibi.

Re: Update On My Possible Future Plans

<880b2d22-90f5-43ac-978c-f8e3825a1880n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=25776&group=comp.theory#25776

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 10:05:32 -0800 (PST)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 18:05 UTC

On Thursday, January 20, 2022 at 8:03:33 PM UTC-5, wij wrote:
> On Friday, 21 January 2022 at 06:27:51 UTC+8, B.H. wrote:

> > > From what I read, I would suggest you should not give yourself too much pressure
> > > because it seems the source of your illness. Or, for the moment, any easy job or task
> > > will do, NOTHING more important than health.
> > > Enjoy the jobless time that not many can have. If you are happy, all around you will
> > > be happy, too.
> > Have you considered going away and not interacting with me on the internet or responding to my post, as I've repeatedly requested?
> I'd like to, but nop. Because you are a candidate of more serous crimes.
> What is your intent keeps using the place of internet as your personal toilet
> dumping various kind of excrement? It is not impossible FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer is you
> https://groups.google.com/g/comp.theory/c/s7EE11T72ig
> Or the next one is you. Or you may plan to bomb Oklahoma City again or set fire
> somewhere. Or you are a spy of CIA or of other nations making political
> disinformations for some purpose.
> Will you upgrade your speech attack toward nancy, mark, joe biden to action?
> We don't believe schizophrenia bullshit, deployment of an excuse or alibi..

You are the criminal (although of course you haven't been caught and prosecuted, as far as I know) and I am not; your lies will not fool any serious lawyer or law enforcement officer.

Your crude and discriminatory claims are pointless and you should be silent and stop trying to smear me. I only post with one identity, I am not a criminal like you, I don't accuse people of lies like you, and I am posting on the internet to help mentally ill people and other people, including myself. I assert that you are not here for that reason and you should stop posting; of course, you are too "stupid" to stop bothering me and to stop posting lies about me and others on the internet, so as a more serious behavior predictor might assert, you will probably post more stuff that you shouldn't say on the internet. I am not responsible for your bad conduct.

Re: Update On My Possible Future Plans

<9fd7009c-eae8-453d-8fdf-9bd1c9e0512en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=25965&group=comp.theory#25965

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 08:17:53 -0800 (PST)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Thu, 27 Jan 2022 16:17 UTC

On Wednesday, January 19, 2022 at 11:11:27 AM UTC-5, B.H. wrote:
> On Saturday, January 15, 2022 at 6:16:24 PM UTC-5, B.H. wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I am still looking for work in computer programming. If it turns out that I can sell my restricted assignment problem IP before I get a job, I might just sell that.
> >
> > After that, I still plan to write fiction someday...but I am increasingly likely to start a web startup first, since I now believe that I would be able to handle it from a stress and time investment perspective, and I think I would be extremely successful at it and make money much faster than I would based on careful fundamental algorithmic trading (which I assert is possible but not as lucrative as starting a business, given certain technological capabilities). I am not ready to announce any specifics yet, but as of this evening, I have been seriously considering starting a web-based business again.
> >
> > The sooner I can get started on that, the better and less embarrassing it will be for the business and political leadership of the USA! I'm fairly confident that historians will remember my business work someday, as well as the work on curing diseases that I will do someday.
> >
> > -Philip White (philip...@yahoo.com)
> Update:
>
> I'm re-considering just doing investing instead of a startup. It occurred to me that it might take a long time to build a web-startup company that people would trust and overcome their reluctance to start using, so investing might be faster after all.
>
> -Philip White

Based on some new statistics ideas I just thought of, I think that investing will likely not work out for me. I had wondered: Given that there are surely two types of "investing rules": Quantitative to quantitative, and qualitative to quantitative...could there be good new algorithmic techniques to predict certain stock market trends? I realized that the answer is likely "no," because even though some of my ideas are new, advanced, and a secret, there are quite likely to be plenty of well-known statistics techniques that would already accomplish roughly the same thing. Thus, my algorithm probably wouldn't do anything...if I could predict any one stock going up based on purely quantitative data, then even with a sophisticated AI approach, the variables influenced by the use of my algorithms and subsequent purchase would likely betray too much information, one way or the other, for my algorithm to keep working for long.

I believe that the best to do investing is to "essentially become as knowledgeable as an in-the-know employee at a highly competitive and secretive firm." In other words, I think it is probably true that algorithmic investing wouldn't get extremely high returns compared to qualitative "high-ranking employee watching/understanding" techniques.

Thus, I will probably pursue some combination of these three things professionally: 1) writing fiction, 2) running an internet computer programming business, 3) selling IP, including chemistry-based medical treatment IP. If I am liberated but can't do any of these three things for enough money, I am likely to wind up just programming computers as a day job for a while; I ought to be able to at least sell some IP if I am released as I should be, since I'm not a criminal. Actually, it is quite surprising that I can't sell IP immediately, given the well-funded and secure nature of many powerful firms, and the urgent need that some such firms have for my intellectual property.

-Philip White (philipjwhite@yahoo.com)

Re: Update On My Possible Future Plans (Ben Graham)

<ssuhf2$4uo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=25969&group=comp.theory#25969

From: polco...@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Subject: Re: Update On My Possible Future Plans (Ben Graham)
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 10:32:32 -0600
 by: olcott - Thu, 27 Jan 2022 16:32 UTC

On 1/27/2022 10:17 AM, B.H. wrote:
> [...]
>
> Thus, I will probably pursue some combination of these three things professionally: 1) writing fiction, 2) running an internet computer programming business, 3) selling IP, including chemistry-based medical treatment IP. If I am liberated but can't do any of these three things for enough money, I am likely to wind up just programming computers as a day job for a while; I ought to be able to at least sell some IP if I am released as I should be, since I'm not a criminal. Actually, it is quite surprising that I can't sell IP immediately, given the well-funded and secure nature of many powerful firms, and the urgent need that some such firms have for my intellectual property.

The intelligent investor by Ben Graham provides excellent advice.
The preface is written by Warren Buffet (a student of Ben).

There are two types of successful investor:

Defensive investor: Investing is a no time job, follow a very simple formula

Put a portion in a stock index fund
Put a portion in a short term bond fund

Ben says 50% in each and once a year reallocate so that there is 50% in
each. Because I need to spend the money for current expenses I put far
less in stocks.

Enterprising Investor: Investing is a full time job

Anyone that makes investing a part-time job fails horrifically.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Intelligent_Investor

--
Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
Genius hits a target no one else can see." Arthur Schopenhauer

Re: Update On My Possible Future Plans (Ben Graham)

<ee3b9735-abbf-495f-8033-31c163b78789n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=25970&group=comp.theory#25970

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 08:38:38 -0800 (PST)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Thu, 27 Jan 2022 16:38 UTC

On Thursday, January 27, 2022 at 11:32:37 AM UTC-5, olcott wrote:
> [...]
> >

> The intelligent investor by Ben Graham provides excellent advice.
> The preface is written by Warren Buffet (a student of Ben).
>
> There are two types of successful investor:
>
> Defensive investor: Investing is a no time job, follow a very simple formula
>
> Put a portion in a stock index fund
> Put a portion in a short term bond fund
>
> Ben says 50% in each and once a year reallocate so that there is 50% in
> each. Because I need to spend the money for current expenses I put far
> less in stocks.
>
> Enterprising Investor: Investing is a full time job
>
> Anyone that makes investing a part-time job fails horrifically.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Intelligent_Investor
> --
> Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
> Genius hits a target no one else can see." Arthur Schopenhauer

Yeah, I have that book...I read a little bit of that book and also part of "One Up On Wall Street" by Peter Lynch. I don't think books like that contain the full story of how to get competitive at investing...it's sort of a "guide to the basics," I guess; you would likely have to think of some powerful original ideas to get anywhere with investing. I have ideas like that, including about business ideas (sort of--they aren't as good as my STEM ideas), but I'm better at STEM than "business/investing theory" or whatever and more interested in writing fiction as a long-term competitive activity over all. I'll probably wind up building a website and selling IP, and then pivoting to fiction and philanthropy once I think I have enough money to do what I want to do (which is mainly live normally enough and afford basic expenses, have a nice house in an area I like, raise a family, hire security, and do charity/philanthropic work).

-Philip

Re: Update On My Possible Future Plans (Ben Graham)

<wqOdnZ_8AbswUW_8nZ2dnUU7-TXNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=25971&group=comp.theory#25971

Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 10:47:40 -0600
Newsgroups: comp.theory
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
 by: olcott - Thu, 27 Jan 2022 16:47 UTC

On 1/27/2022 10:38 AM, B.H. wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> Put a portion in a stock index fund
>> Put a portion in a short term bond fund
>>
>> Ben says 50% in each and once a year reallocate so that there is 50% in
>> each. Because I need to spend the money for current expenses I put far
>> less in stocks.
>>
>> Enterprising Investor: Investing is a full time job
>>
>> Anyone that makes investing a part-time job fails horrifically.
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Intelligent_Investor
>> --
>> Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
>> Genius hits a target no one else can see." Arthur Schopenhauer
>

> Yeah, I have that book...I read a little bit of that book and also part of "One Up On Wall Street" by Peter Lynch. I don't think books like that contain the full story of how to get competitive at investing...it's sort of a "guide to the basics,"

Ben has a whole other book that gets into more details.

The key advice in his first book is that if you have to have a full time
job to pay the bills then you don't have enough time to be an
enterprising investor. Simply invest in stock index funds and short term
bond index funds.

--
Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott

Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Re: Update On My Possible Future Plans

<63bffe93-b78c-48dd-95ef-0d74a1b4ae02n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=25977&group=comp.theory#25977

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 14:39:13 -0800 (PST)
From: wyni...@gmail.com (wij)
 by: wij - Thu, 27 Jan 2022 22:39 UTC

On Friday, 28 January 2022 at 00:17:54 UTC+8, B.H. wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 19, 2022 at 11:11:27 AM UTC-5, B.H. wrote:
> > On Saturday, January 15, 2022 at 6:16:24 PM UTC-5, B.H. wrote:
> > > Hi everyone,
> > >
> > > I am still looking for work in computer programming. If it turns out that I can sell my restricted assignment problem IP before I get a job, I might just sell that.
> > >
> > > After that, I still plan to write fiction someday...but I am increasingly likely to start a web startup first, since I now believe that I would be able to handle it from a stress and time investment perspective, and I think I would be extremely successful at it and make money much faster than I would based on careful fundamental algorithmic trading (which I assert is possible but not as lucrative as starting a business, given certain technological capabilities). I am not ready to announce any specifics yet, but as of this evening, I have been seriously considering starting a web-based business again.
> > >
> > > The sooner I can get started on that, the better and less embarrassing it will be for the business and political leadership of the USA! I'm fairly confident that historians will remember my business work someday, as well as the work on curing diseases that I will do someday.
> > >
> > > -Philip White (philip...@yahoo.com)
> > Update:
> >
> > I'm re-considering just doing investing instead of a startup. It occurred to me that it might take a long time to build a web-startup company that people would trust and overcome their reluctance to start using, so investing might be faster after all.
> >
> > -Philip White
> Based on some new statistics ideas I just thought of, I think that investing will likely not work out for me. I had wondered: Given that there are surely two types of "investing rules": Quantitative to quantitative, and qualitative to quantitative...could there be good new algorithmic techniques to predict certain stock market trends? I realized that the answer is likely "no," because even though some of my ideas are new, advanced, and a secret, there are quite likely to be plenty of well-known statistics techniques that would already accomplish roughly the same thing. Thus, my algorithm probably wouldn't do anything...if I could predict any one stock going up based on purely quantitative data, then even with a sophisticated AI approach, the variables influenced by the use of my algorithms and subsequent purchase would likely betray too much information, one way or the other, for my algorithm to keep working for long.

For now, there is Artificial Network predicting stock market trends (probably by super computers), I think it
already in use and had replaced some human experts.

> I believe that the best to do investing is to "essentially become as knowledgeable as an in-the-know employee at a highly competitive and secretive firm." In other words, I think it is probably true that algorithmic investing wouldn't get extremely high returns compared to qualitative "high-ranking employee watching/understanding" techniques.
>
> Thus, I will probably pursue some combination of these three things professionally: 1) writing fiction, 2) running an internet computer programming business, 3) selling IP, including chemistry-based medical treatment IP. If I am liberated but can't do any of these three things for enough money, I am likely to wind up just programming computers as a day job for a while; I ought to be able to at least sell some IP if I am released as I should be, since I'm not a criminal. Actually, it is quite surprising that I can't sell IP immediately, given the well-funded and secure nature of many powerful firms, and the urgent need that some such firms have for my intellectual property.
>
> -Philip White (philip...@yahoo.com)

If IP means (Intellectual Property), it can be improved and accumulated.
Writing fiction looked promising to me. What about writing stories for children?
By the way, I guess Olcott should be good and smart at 'rob money' things.
(we call such rapid way of earning money 'rob money' for fun). I miss you.

Re: Update On My Possible Future Plans

<751df046-1d86-42e4-9ec9-deb279940ec4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=25982&group=comp.theory#25982

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 17:10:11 -0800 (PST)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Fri, 28 Jan 2022 01:10 UTC

On Thursday, January 27, 2022 at 5:39:14 PM UTC-5, wij wrote:
> On Friday, 28 January 2022 at 00:17:54 UTC+8, B.H. wrote:

> > > Update:
> > >
> > > I'm re-considering just doing investing instead of a startup. It occurred to me that it might take a long time to build a web-startup company that people would trust and overcome their reluctance to start using, so investing might be faster after all.
> > >
> > > -Philip White
> > Based on some new statistics ideas I just thought of, I think that investing will likely not work out for me. I had wondered: Given that there are surely two types of "investing rules": Quantitative to quantitative, and qualitative to quantitative...could there be good new algorithmic techniques to predict certain stock market trends? I realized that the answer is likely "no," because even though some of my ideas are new, advanced, and a secret, there are quite likely to be plenty of well-known statistics techniques that would already accomplish roughly the same thing. Thus, my algorithm probably wouldn't do anything...if I could predict any one stock going up based on purely quantitative data, then even with a sophisticated AI approach, the variables influenced by the use of my algorithms and subsequent purchase would likely betray too much information, one way or the other, for my algorithm to keep working for long.
> >
> For now, there is Artificial Network predicting stock market trends (probably by super computers), I think it
> already in use and had replaced some human experts.
> > I believe that the best to do investing is to "essentially become as knowledgeable as an in-the-know employee at a highly competitive and secretive firm." In other words, I think it is probably true that algorithmic investing wouldn't get extremely high returns compared to qualitative "high-ranking employee watching/understanding" techniques.
> >
> > Thus, I will probably pursue some combination of these three things professionally: 1) writing fiction, 2) running an internet computer programming business, 3) selling IP, including chemistry-based medical treatment IP. If I am liberated but can't do any of these three things for enough money, I am likely to wind up just programming computers as a day job for a while; I ought to be able to at least sell some IP if I am released as I should be, since I'm not a criminal. Actually, it is quite surprising that I can't sell IP immediately, given the well-funded and secure nature of many powerful firms, and the urgent need that some such firms have for my intellectual property.
> >
> > -Philip White (philip...@yahoo.com)
> If IP means (Intellectual Property), it can be improved and accumulated.
> Writing fiction looked promising to me. What about writing stories for children?
> By the way, I guess Olcott should be good and smart at 'rob money' things..
> (we call such rapid way of earning money 'rob money' for fun). I miss you..

Are you really from Taiwan? If so, shouldn't you be evacuating? There is still plenty of time. You really ought to know better than to trust Joe Biden's word if you are really from the country you said you are from.

-Philip

Re: Update On My Possible Future Plans (Ben Graham)

<3f883658-7cb3-40e6-a7a2-e3560d36e455n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=25983&group=comp.theory#25983

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 17:11:52 -0800 (PST)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Fri, 28 Jan 2022 01:11 UTC

On Thursday, January 27, 2022 at 11:47:48 AM UTC-5, olcott wrote:
> On 1/27/2022 10:38 AM, B.H. wrote:

> >> The intelligent investor by Ben Graham provides excellent advice.
> >> The preface is written by Warren Buffet (a student of Ben).
> >>
> >> There are two types of successful investor:
> >>
> >> Defensive investor: Investing is a no time job, follow a very simple formula
> >>
> >> Put a portion in a stock index fund
> >> Put a portion in a short term bond fund
> >>
> >> Ben says 50% in each and once a year reallocate so that there is 50% in
> >> each. Because I need to spend the money for current expenses I put far
> >> less in stocks.
> >>
> >> Enterprising Investor: Investing is a full time job
> >>
> >> Anyone that makes investing a part-time job fails horrifically.
> >>
> >> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Intelligent_Investor
> >> --
> >> Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
> >> Genius hits a target no one else can see." Arthur Schopenhauer
> >

> > Yeah, I have that book...I read a little bit of that book and also part of "One Up On Wall Street" by Peter Lynch. I don't think books like that contain the full story of how to get competitive at investing...it's sort of a "guide to the basics,"
> Ben has a whole other book that gets into more details.
>
> The key advice in his first book is that if you have to have a full time
> job to pay the bills then you don't have enough time to be an
> enterprising investor. Simply invest in stock index funds and short term
> bond index funds.
> <I guess; you would likely have to think of some powerful original ideas
> to get anywhere with investing. I have ideas like that, including about
> business ideas (sort of--they aren't as good as my STEM ideas), but I'm
> better at STEM than "business/investing theory" or whatever and more
> interested in writing fiction as a long-term competitive activity over
> all. I'll probably wind up building a website and selling IP, and then
> pivoting to fiction and philanthropy once I think I have enough money to
> do what I want to do (which is mainly live normally enough and afford
> basic expenses, have a nice house in an area I like, raise a family,
> hire security, and do charity/philanthropic work).
> >
> > -Philip
> --
> Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott
>
> Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
> Genius hits a target no one else can see.
> Arthur Schopenhauer

Yeah, I probably wouldn't be all that competitive at investing based on learning about firms, at least not without significantly more work in terms of studying/learning/innovating.

-Philip

Re: Update On My Possible Future Plans

<b77ac5a7-7864-4720-8bed-fab3ff496ffdn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=25984&group=comp.theory#25984

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 17:18:06 -0800 (PST)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Fri, 28 Jan 2022 01:18 UTC

On Thursday, January 27, 2022 at 11:17:54 AM UTC-5, B.H. wrote:
> [...]
>
> Thus, I will probably pursue some combination of these three things professionally: 1) writing fiction, 2) running an internet computer programming business, 3) selling IP, including chemistry-based medical treatment IP. If I am liberated but can't do any of these three things for enough money, I am likely to wind up just programming computers as a day job for a while; I ought to be able to at least sell some IP if I am released as I should be, since I'm not a criminal. Actually, it is quite surprising that I can't sell IP immediately, given the well-funded and secure nature of many powerful firms, and the urgent need that some such firms have for my intellectual property.

Another update on my activities:

It is possible that I might just sell IP and go into politics. Although I see Congress as essentially Enron and thus "not worthy of being cleaned up," I think that it might be the best way to pursue my philanthropic goals. In particular, the time commitment involved in being a Congressman would be less than being a business leader, although I could maybe quit running my firm after some number of years. I believe I have nothing to be ashamed of in my Usenet/Facebook posts, and I've presented myself well and as a good citizen; I could be seen as quite qualified from an ethics/virtue/values perspective. Also, my competitive advantage at STEM/math and political strategy, including art strategy, which is a major portion of political strategy according to me, could make me a really strong candidate.

At the same time, I might still pursue business, IP sales, and fiction as professional activities. I'm just worried that running a business might take tons of time, and I've already lost a lot of that. In terms of trying to be wealthy enough to pursue philanthropy with my own foundation, it might be a question of how much I can sell certain kinds of IP, like disease cures, for. In general, "get rich + help the world + compete at art for a long time" is a good description of what I plan to do professionally in the future. (I probably won't start a music group/solo act, although I have thought about it a little bit.)

As usual, I like to update this Usenet group as a courtesy to those who might be interested in my plans and activities.

-Philip White (philipjwhite@yahoo.com)

Re: Update On My Possible Future Plans

<ae65f775-e665-4ebe-ae17-39d28350d20an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=26004&group=comp.theory#26004

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 02:18:15 -0800 (PST)
From: wyni...@gmail.com (wij)
 by: wij - Fri, 28 Jan 2022 10:18 UTC

On Friday, 28 January 2022 at 09:10:13 UTC+8, B.H. wrote:
> On Thursday, January 27, 2022 at 5:39:14 PM UTC-5, wij wrote:

> > > Based on some new statistics ideas I just thought of, I think that investing will likely not work out for me. I had wondered: Given that there are surely two types of "investing rules": Quantitative to quantitative, and qualitative to quantitative...could there be good new algorithmic techniques to predict certain stock market trends? I realized that the answer is likely "no," because even though some of my ideas are new, advanced, and a secret, there are quite likely to be plenty of well-known statistics techniques that would already accomplish roughly the same thing. Thus, my algorithm probably wouldn't do anything...if I could predict any one stock going up based on purely quantitative data, then even with a sophisticated AI approach, the variables influenced by the use of my algorithms and subsequent purchase would likely betray too much information, one way or the other, for my algorithm to keep working for long.
> > >
> > For now, there is Artificial Network predicting stock market trends (probably by super computers), I think it
> > already in use and had replaced some human experts.
> > > I believe that the best to do investing is to "essentially become as knowledgeable as an in-the-know employee at a highly competitive and secretive firm." In other words, I think it is probably true that algorithmic investing wouldn't get extremely high returns compared to qualitative "high-ranking employee watching/understanding" techniques.
> > >
> > > Thus, I will probably pursue some combination of these three things professionally: 1) writing fiction, 2) running an internet computer programming business, 3) selling IP, including chemistry-based medical treatment IP.. If I am liberated but can't do any of these three things for enough money, I am likely to wind up just programming computers as a day job for a while; I ought to be able to at least sell some IP if I am released as I should be, since I'm not a criminal. Actually, it is quite surprising that I can't sell IP immediately, given the well-funded and secure nature of many powerful firms, and the urgent need that some such firms have for my intellectual property.
> > >
> > > -Philip White (philip...@yahoo.com)
> > If IP means (Intellectual Property), it can be improved and accumulated..
> > Writing fiction looked promising to me. What about writing stories for children?
> > By the way, I guess Olcott should be good and smart at 'rob money' things.
> > (we call such rapid way of earning money 'rob money' for fun). I miss you.
> Are you really from Taiwan? If so, shouldn't you be evacuating? There is still plenty of time. You really ought to know better than to trust Joe Biden's word if you are really from the country you said you are from.
>
> -Philip

I should be fine, my soul is from Heaven. The media is full of information
trying to manipulate people's mind, opinions. Your condition are vulnerable to,
and should be more aware of this.
Those politicians (and those like to play politics) had made all those troubles
(ideals, like Trump's) every year for many years. Our government are trying to
lure Japan, US into the war. US are thinking selling weapons or other benefit
without losing votes... the other side of justice. It is very complicated.
Thank you, did not bite me this time, ouch!