https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2622&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#2622

From: me...@somewhere.invalid (Terry Pinnell)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2021 18:13:00 +0100
 by: Terry Pinnell - Sat, 3 Jul 2021 17:13 UTC

As mentioned before, neither my initial posts or my replies to others'
posts result in my receiving them myself. Due I gather to Gmail design
(Daft IMO.)

Q1: But how does that square with my being able to send myself emails to
myself with my gmail address as both To and From?

Here's the basic header of an example:

To: terrypingm@gmail.com
Subject: Test from gmail to gmail with Agent
From: Terry <terrypingm@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2021 17:36:18 +0100

And the full header, for possible clues:

From: Terry <terrypingm@gmail.com>
To: terrypingm@gmail.com
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2021 17:36:18 +0100

OpenSCAD general discussion <discuss@lists.openscad.org>

result in my receiving them please? And without my email address being
shown.

At present I use just the following Watch filter to place all posts that
I DO receive from the list in the folder 'OpenSCAD emails':

To: OpenSCAD general discussion

Terry

Re: Getting my own posts to mailing list

<ckn1eg1bb2d9ukmqodvamf0klqkbrik12q@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2626&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#2626

From: -rf-...@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2021 10:04:55 +1200
 by: Ralph Fox - Sat, 3 Jul 2021 22:04 UTC

On Sat, 03 Jul 2021 18:13:00 +0100, Terry Pinnell wrote:

> As mentioned before, neither my initial posts or my replies to others'
> posts result in my receiving them myself. Due I gather to Gmail design
> (Daft IMO.)
>
> Q1: But how does that square with my being able to send myself emails to
> myself with my gmail address as both To and From?
>
> Here's the basic header of an example:
>
> To: terrypingm@gmail.com
> Subject: Test from gmail to gmail with Agent
> From: Terry <terrypingm@gmail.com>
> Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2021 17:36:18 +0100
>

> And the full header, for possible clues:

> From: Terry <terrypingm@gmail.com>
> To: terrypingm@gmail.com
> Subject: Test from gmail to gmail with Agent
> Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2021 17:36:18 +0100

1: This is a Gmail question, not an Agent question.

Maybe start here: <https://support.google.com/mail/community>

--
Kind regards
Ralph

<eon1egt9opsa6fqttdmf5t20km0hh9rgmh@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2629&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#2629

From: -rf-...@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2021 10:39:12 +1200
 by: Ralph Fox - Sat, 3 Jul 2021 22:39 UTC

On Sat, 03 Jul 2021 18:13:00 +0100, Terry Pinnell wrote:

> As mentioned before, neither my initial posts or my replies to others'
> posts result in my receiving them myself. Due I gather to Gmail design
> (Daft IMO.)

> OpenSCAD general discussion <discuss@lists.openscad.org>
>
> result in my receiving them please? And without my email address being
> shown.
>
> At present I use just the following Watch filter to place all posts that
> I DO receive from the list in the folder 'OpenSCAD emails':
>
> To: OpenSCAD general discussion
>
> Terry

2: If Gmail does not put those posts in your Inbox, then any email filter you
create will not see those posts in the first place.

Instead, when you send the post to that mailing list, Bcc yourself. And if you
don't receive the Bcc copy in Gmail, Bcc yourself at a different email account.

You might be able to use a technique similar to the one discussed in this thread,
to automatically re-write the Bcc field:
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent/c/SzZJvZ7UE-g>is to automaTICALL

--
Kind regards
Ralph

<3a23eg5dr1vckhjcjdsu83dce25fjs8gu5@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2633&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#2633

From: me...@somewhere.invalid (Terry Pinnell)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2021 11:13:55 +0100
 by: Terry Pinnell - Sun, 4 Jul 2021 10:13 UTC

Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid> wrote:

>On Sat, 03 Jul 2021 18:13:00 +0100, Terry Pinnell wrote:
>
>> As mentioned before, neither my initial posts or my replies to others'
>> posts result in my receiving them myself. Due I gather to Gmail design
>> (Daft IMO.)

>> OpenSCAD general discussion <discuss@lists.openscad.org>
>>
>> result in my receiving them please? And without my email address being
>> shown.
>>
>> At present I use just the following Watch filter to place all posts that
>> I DO receive from the list in the folder 'OpenSCAD emails':
>>
>> To: OpenSCAD general discussion
>>
>> Terry
>

>2: If Gmail does not put those posts in your Inbox, then any email filter you
>create will not see those posts in the first place.
>
>Instead, when you send the post to that mailing list, Bcc yourself. And if you
>don't receive the Bcc copy in Gmail, Bcc yourself at a different email account.
>
>You might be able to use a technique similar to the one discussed in this thread,
>to automatically re-write the Bcc field:
><https://groups.google.com/g/alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent/c/SzZJvZ7UE-g>is to automaTICALL

Thanks for both helpful replies Ralph. Will follow up both.

But first I'm trying to recall where and why I was recommended to use my
gmail address instead of my regular btinternet.com!

Terry