Newsgroups: comp.os.cpm
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2021 03:34:45 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Tiny Multitask (was: A Bit of CP/M History)
From: vit.edu....@gmail.com (vit seo)
 by: vit seo - Mon, 5 Jul 2021 10:34 UTC

On Thursday, June 29, 2000 at 12:30:00 PM UTC+5:30, Charles Richmond wrote:
> William Hamblen wrote:
> >
> > [snip...] [snip...] [snip...]
> >
> > One of Microware System Corp.'s first products was a minitasking ROM
> > (RT68MX) that would work with a Motorola Evaluation Kit or an SwTPC
> > 6800 microcomputer. I remember it was 1 or 2K bytes, and you had to
> > set up the task table by hand, but it would multitask. They also sold
> > an integer BASIC compiler (A/BASIC) that would produce programs
> > compatible with the RT68MX ROM. It was entertaining to try to compile
> > a BASIC program using an SWTPC 300 bps cassette tape interface.
> > Microware later produced OS-9, which actually is a useful product.
> >
> And when Apple introduce Mac/OS9 (which just says "OS9" on the box), they
> were sued because of trademark infringement by whoever owns OS-9 now.
> Some of the people who have Radio Shack Color Computers still run OS-9
> on them. And I believe there is a version of OS-9 (the Microware one)
> available for 68000 processors.
> --
> | Charles and Francis Richmond <rich...@plano.net> |
The Bachelor of Information Technology and Systems (BITS) focuses on delivering knowledge and skills in computer networking, application development and computer-based software to meet the current IT industry needs. The course ensures that graduates develop a broad and coherent body of knowledge in the underlying principles and concepts of information technology. Refer to Entry Requirements: https://www.vit.edu.au/courses/bachelor-of-information-technology-and-systems-bits/