"Morality is one thing. Ratings are everything." -- A Network 23 executive on "Max Headroom"

devel / comp.theory / Re: Food Lion Update.

SubjectAuthor
* Food Lion Update.M Kfivethousand
`- Food Lion Update.Jeffrey Rubard

1
Re: Food Lion Update.

<53c75250-fcde-42c1-b365-87ccf0842a59n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=26590&group=comp.theory#26590

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 16:00:50 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Food Lion Update.
From: marika5...@gmail.com (M Kfivethousand)
 by: M Kfivethousand - Wed, 16 Feb 2022 00:00 UTC

On Monday, February 14, 2022 at 7:13:43 PM UTC-6, B.H. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am not thrilled with Food Lion, but it is does seem to be the best store in the area that I've visited. The mildly negative incident today wasn't as bad; I felt baited into a criminal harassment trap. I wouldn't fall into it, but I think some people would. Basically, the cashier spoke to a customer in front of me in line in a friendly way. Then I came up to the cashier it was kafka-esque as it always is. I made a "tsk" sound with my tongue three times, to signal dissatisfaction, and the cashier was quiet but behaved professionally enough; any anger at me was concealed.
>
> It occurred to me that a) if I expressed my annoyance at a clear demo of (perceived) discrimination again in the store, I would probably be harassing the cashier if I visited the same person's line...so I will be careful, and b) a defense against discrimination could be, that the person knows who I am and just dislikes me, and that is why the customer ahead of me was spoken to and I was not. Either way, discriminatory customer service seems to me to be a weakness that Food Lion has that, according to my 2009 understanding of Safeway, Safeway does not have.
>
> I would write about Food Lion if it were perfectly awesome, because the information is non-trivial and valuable enough...it's not the best store but it's not nearly as bad as Wal-mart or Kroger or CVS; everything is always in stock enough to make me feel healthy and happy enough about eating food, and none of the employees seem to have ever been on a long-term mission to go out of each employee's way to bother me in particular because I'm disabled, like at the other three stores I mentioned.
>
> -Philip White (philip...@yahoo.com)

Write about food or lions rather than food lion

I made broccoli soup that i put in my freezer and ate it last night

The trick was toasted nuts put ln the cuisinart

Really good
Today i made a cheese dip out of cheese leftover bits

It was awful but had to get rid of it

mk5000

Before she could ask another stupid question, he stuffed a roasted potato bite in her mouth.
She nipped his finger in the process then smiled. “Yummy. Again.”
He gave her a crisp cherry tomato.--― Eve Langlais, When an Omega Snaps

Re: Food Lion Update.

<da35b40b-a834-4e01-ad29-35802b5cca84n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=26803&group=comp.theory#26803

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2022 16:44:21 -0800 (PST)
From: jeffreyd...@gmail.com (Jeffrey Rubard)
 by: Jeffrey Rubard - Sun, 20 Feb 2022 00:44 UTC

On Tuesday, February 15, 2022 at 4:00:52 PM UTC-8, M Kfivethousand wrote:
> On Monday, February 14, 2022 at 7:13:43 PM UTC-6, B.H. wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am not thrilled with Food Lion, but it is does seem to be the best store in the area that I've visited. The mildly negative incident today wasn't as bad; I felt baited into a criminal harassment trap. I wouldn't fall into it, but I think some people would. Basically, the cashier spoke to a customer in front of me in line in a friendly way. Then I came up to the cashier it was kafka-esque as it always is. I made a "tsk" sound with my tongue three times, to signal dissatisfaction, and the cashier was quiet but behaved professionally enough; any anger at me was concealed.
> >
> > It occurred to me that a) if I expressed my annoyance at a clear demo of (perceived) discrimination again in the store, I would probably be harassing the cashier if I visited the same person's line...so I will be careful, and b) a defense against discrimination could be, that the person knows who I am and just dislikes me, and that is why the customer ahead of me was spoken to and I was not. Either way, discriminatory customer service seems to me to be a weakness that Food Lion has that, according to my 2009 understanding of Safeway, Safeway does not have.
> >
> > I would write about Food Lion if it were perfectly awesome, because the information is non-trivial and valuable enough...it's not the best store but it's not nearly as bad as Wal-mart or Kroger or CVS; everything is always in stock enough to make me feel healthy and happy enough about eating food, and none of the employees seem to have ever been on a long-term mission to go out of each employee's way to bother me in particular because I'm disabled, like at the other three stores I mentioned.
> >
> > -Philip White (philip...@yahoo.com)
> Write about food or lions rather than food lion

No, I'm interested in the chain and grocery chains generally, not "word magic" of a familiar character.