Subject: Internet Society Usenet SIG
From: Jason Evans
Newsgroups: news.admin.hierarchies, alt.fan.usenet
Followup: news.admin.hierarchies
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2021 14:01 UTC
From: jsev...@mailfence.com (Jason Evans)
Newsgroups: news.admin.hierarchies,alt.fan.usenet
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2021 14:01:46 -0000 (UTC)
View all headers
Hi Everyone,

First of all, I want to say that this is mostly just a shot in the dark to
see if anyone is interested.

I would like to know if anyone would be interested in starting a SIG
(special interest group) with the Internet Society for Usenet. The goal of
the SIG would be for Usenet to have a place at the table with the Internet
Society and maybe be able to use it as a force to bring in new users who
want to use Usenet for it's original purpose instead of just for
"binaries". This would not be directly related to the B8MB. It would be
for users who want to be ambassadors for the Usenet.

It would probably be a bit of work to do this, but in the end, it could be
fun.

Finally, I apologize if this isn't the right newsgroup for this, but there
doesn't seem to be many "meta" discussion newsgroups about the Usenet as
a whole that are't completely dead.

Links: https://www.internetsociety.org/sigs/

Subject: Re: Internet Society Usenet SIG
From: meff
Newsgroups: news.admin.hierarchies
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 20:59 UTC
From: ema...@example.com (meff)
Newsgroups: news.admin.hierarchies
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 20:59:40 -0000 (UTC)
View all headers
On Tue, 6 Jul 2021 14:01:46 -0000 (UTC), Jason Evans wrote:

I would like to know if anyone would be interested in starting a SIG
(special interest group) with the Internet Society for Usenet. The goal
of the SIG would be for Usenet to have a place at the table with the
Internet Society and maybe be able to use it as a force to bring in new
users who want to use Usenet for it's original purpose instead of just
for "binaries". This would not be directly related to the B8MB. It would
be for users who want to be ambassadors for the Usenet.

I'm curious what this work would entail.

- meff