Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 14:30:22 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Another New Business Idea I Thought Of
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Thu, 24 Feb 2022 22:30 UTC

Hi everyone,

I had thought in the past about building robotic cooking appliances that would cook food for you. I'm still considering that a little bit, but a more immediately possible business idea I'm considering is this one:

A robotic house-construction device, that, given the right raw materials, the appropriate land, and a user-designed house design (the user could input the blueprint or equivalent), the robot would build the house for you, safely and in accordance with various other parameters. Ideally, the bot would do it cheaply, safely, and quite quickly.

It's something I'm considering innovating on; I believe I have all of the underlying technologies I would need, aside from some of the more tedious engineering and self-education tasks (robotics, engineering, system safety, etc.) that I would need to complete to make progress on this sort of effort.

The goal would be to help people build big houses in accordance with their specific interests, cheaply and quickly.

I might not definitely do it, but it's something I'm considering. (I don't have a background in robotics aside from some simple robot programming stuff I did in middle school just for fun (it wasn't sophisticated, I just had some programmable robot intended for kids that I worked with), but I am very good at self-education...I can teach myself the basics of most academic subjects I want to learn, although maybe music performance and foreign languages would be sort of hard for me. Learning STEM fields from textbooks is easy for me.)

-Philip White (philipjwhite@yahoo.com)