Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 13:04:41 -0800 (PST)
Subject: A quick comment about modern consumers of news and current events.
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Fri, 25 Feb 2022 21:04 UTC

It's not about my startup or anything mind-blowing, it's just this:

I argue that there are three main types of current events consumers:

- "It's about me and what I want out of things I've supported."
- "It's about everyone--others that I care about too."
- "It's interesting--events I want to discuss, analyze, and form an opinion about."

There are also those who don't care and don't consume as much journalism.

The Democrats assume, wrongly, that almost all voters are Type 1 only. Even if that were true, the Democrats, who might soon be followed by Republicans who might fail even more dramatically, have failed all three of these categories greatly, Type 1 most especially...denials about my participation in a) causing Democrat failures, mainly targeted at their backers to protect the innocent globally from human rights disasters, and b) the fact that the Democrats should have known better and released me, a virtuous and productive citizen, months ago, and the fact that this failure is their fault and their top backers' fault, which has ruined things for all of the Democrats' backers, including "weak / 'swing' backers," who are interested in the Democratic Party but not as fully committed to its platforms ...should be understood to be false.

-Philip White