From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: T-Mobile Nazis to terminate corporate employees who aren't vaccinated by April
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 02:04:45 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Andy Burnelli - Mon, 31 Jan 2022 02:04 UTC

On Mon, 31 Jan 2022 00:06:24 +0100, Sue T-Mobile wrote:

> Proof technology companies ignore scientific evidence.
> <https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/mm7104e1.htm>

This is only barely tangentially, if even that, related to smartphones;
where I'll simply state off the cuff the facts as I know them (having read
well over a hundred papers on this stuff) and my assessment of some of those
facts below so that well educated adults can learn from my assessments of
those facts (done hopefully so).

Fear is what this is all about.
Not facts.

Fear.

Having higher degrees in this stuff, I find it odd how _politicized_ a
simple voluntary medical procedure turns out to be, where _politicians_ are
using your medical fears to gain votes - instead of people using
understanding of the factual science to make personal decisions on what
natural or unnatural foreign substances to inject into your body.

Worse, everyone who can read their favorite news station feels they're
qualified to make medical decisions to force others to make the _same_
medical decisions, when almost nobody has the scientific background to make
them on their own.

I won't make that decision for you - since I know one thing about it.

Nobody knows the math for any one individual, for example, so _everyone_ is
making a guess as to which approach is the greater risk.

Bear in mind we do know the math for the population at large though, which
is that 0.2% of unvaccinated infected people die and _most_ people (nobody
knows the actual percentage but it's at least reliably at least about 60%)
are completely and utterly immune to Covid.

That leaves 40% of the population who will "feel something" even if 99.8% of
people will not die from it (these numbers _include_ already the very sick,
very old, and the immunocompromised, etc. high risk groups).

Of course, on average, recent numbers from the CDC show that deaths are
skewed vastly toward the sick and old, where, for example, that 0.2% overall
chance of dying for any one individual lessens dramatically to 0.002% for
children in the USA from October 2020 to October 2021 aged 5 to 11, which
means that the risk of not dying from Covid for any given child is 99.998%
overall.

However, last I checked for those in our age groups, the risks are far
greater, at roughly about 3% for 65 and older, and then roughly doubling for
every ten years of age thereafter.

If anyone wishes to ask _why_ most people are completely immune to Covid
(they don't even _know_ they're infected!) it's likely because the virus
family causes about 1/3rd of all colds, with just three distinct variants.

In an average lifetime, you'll get the coronavirus on average roughly once a
year, although a few times a year is not unheard of (it's been studied since
the 1960s). Contrast those three coronavirus variants with the hundreds of
other families which cause the other 2/3rds of the common cold, and that
tells you how well this virus family has adapted to our ciliated cells.

However, not all coronaviruses are the same, where, for example, the
affinity of SARS1 is ten to a hundred times less than SARS2 (I'm using
colloquial terms) due to heparin sulfate, furin, ACE2, and TMPRSS receptor
sites for the three spike proteins giving Covid a colossal ability to
infect.

That colossal ability to infect means that essentially everyone is exposed
with the result that even those who are immune will show antibody titres in
almost all cases, even in the case of the vast majority who are
asymptomatic.

That's important.

That means everyone can transmit this disease for a certain period of time,
whether or not they're naturally immune like most people are to it.

Personally, I advocate for people making their own decisions, but I also am
all in favor of _testing_ being made freely available so that those who do
test positive can isolate themselves.

I also advocate for a test for the one thing that _everyone_ is ignorant of,
which is the simple answer to the question that nobody knows the answer to:
*Am I like most people who areimmune... or am I in the few who get sick?"

Then there is a secondary question if you're in the few who can get sick.
*Will I have a mild or severe reaction as a result of getting sick?*

The fact that extremely few people die means that your overall chance of
dying is negligible (although a small percentage of a very large number is
still a lot of people but most of them will die soon anyway of something,
due to underlying chronic conditions).

HOWEVER...

If you're one of those who are afraid of your own shadow, then even a 99.8%
chance of not dying is too great of a chance for _you_ to take, so that's
something _you_ should consider (but don't shove your math on others).

Use the math of the CDC (personally, I don't trust the WHO because of what
Dr. Maria Kerkhove claimed about asymptomatic transmission being "very rare"
which was just hogwash - the problem being when someone that smart at that
high a position in a scientifically based organization says something she
knows is that stupid, then something else is going on at the WHO if they
expect us to stupid enough to believe what only a fool would believe since
it's just not factually scientifically accurate of a statement she made).

Notice what I'm saying here, all of which I challenge anyone out there to
find a fact being wrong since my belief systems are _based_ on facts.

The numbers above come from memory from reading papers and the CDC reports,
where the biggest problem I see in our society around this issue is how
politicized a medical procedure has become.

Fear has taken over logic.

But worse, everyone thinks they're qualified to make medicical decisions for
other people - and THAT - I assess - is a very dangerous problem.

I don't blame people for getting the shot (it's not a vaccine, BTW, but
let's leave the definition to the CDC) and I don't blame them for not
getting it (since it has ramifications that are unknown for sure).

I don't even blame the government because they put out a shot that
ameliorates the fear in a record short time - but I do _ask_ the governmente
to come up with a _test_ to find out:
a. Am I in the _most_ people category who are completely immune?
b. Am I in the _some_ people category who will get sick?

Couple that (non exitent) test with the existing antibody tests, and we
would be able to solve this problem of some people assessing the risk
differently (which is normal).

Remember...
a. Only a fool disputes facts (that's _why_ they're fools)...
b. But logically consistent people can reasonably assess them differently.

If you have a _scientific_ question to ask, please do (as this was just off
the cuff so I could go on with facts & assessments for hours if need be).

If you just want to troll, I will try to ignore your trolls.

This is a sincere post based on scientific facts & higher degrees in the
stuff where we didn't even get into what this shot is comprised of and how
it works as that's not important for the decision that most people _need_ to
be making - which is a mathematical assessment of their very own fears.
--
You need a decent IQ (at least average) to even comprehend accurate what
I've said above without jumping to conclusions which I didn't say.