Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2022 11:35:39 -0800 (PST)
Subject: A Tip For Parents Who Want to Educate Their Kids
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Sun, 27 Feb 2022 19:35 UTC

It might be tempting to get your kids the best educational opportunities that money can buy. A word of warning: A lot of talented adults have feelings too, and might not be wealthy and might be tutoring to get extra money. Such adults might be interested in doing favors, too.

The warning is: Don't let people near your kids if you think they might be "analytical real-life weakness identifiers"; a mere publication of a coach-secret-skill-lens-based key weakness that your kid has might damage your child's social life, even if your kid gets great lessons from the tutor/coach and doesn't meet total catastrophe because of it (the idea is the coach might get a sense of your kid socially and with respect to the key activity, and learn things from that).

I believe it happened to me twice when I was under 12--with swimming and chess, I'll state, and I would never have caught it and become extremely suspicious (without absolute court-admissible proof) if I hadn't gotten highly perceptive as an adult; I am not going to tutor anyone's kids ever I'm pretty sure, but I will be very careful with babysitters, etc., someday with my own kids--I do know how to be quite wrathful! When/if I have kids someday they'll be protected!

My lessons I got were great and high-quality, but being attacked socially at school didn't make me feel like it was a great experience now that I'm in my thirties!

-Philip White