computers / comp.mobile.ipad / Re: What percentage of iOS just stops working the instant you don't sign into the Apple mothership tracking servers?

SubjectAuthor
* What percentage of iOS just stops working the instant you don't sign into the ApWally J
+- Re: What percentage of iOS just stops working the instant you don'tAlan
+* Re: What percentage of iOS just stops working the instant you don't sign into thnospam
|`- Re: What percentage of iOS just stops working the instant you don't sign into thWally J
`* Re: What percentage of iOS just stops working the instant you don't sign into thWally J
 `- Re: What percentage of iOS just stops working the instant you don'tAlan

1
What percentage of iOS just stops working the instant you don't sign into the Apple mothership tracking servers?

<uehlhl$1co72$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2719&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2719

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: What percentage of iOS just stops working the instant you don't sign into the Apple mothership tracking servers?
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 10:55:48 -0400
 by: Wally J - Thu, 21 Sep 2023 14:55 UTC

What percentage of iOS just stops working the instant you don't
sign into the all pervasive Apple mothership tracking servers?

Apple inserts unique identifiers into almost everything you do.
Even your apps are tagged with a unique tracking ID for your account.

I haven't signed into my iPad's Apple mothership tracking servers.
Lots of nice things simply stop working as a direct result.

Facetime.
Messages.
iCloud.
etc.

What percentage would you estimate that you love about iOS simply doesn't
work unless you're constantly signed into Apple's mothership trackers?

Re: What percentage of iOS just stops working the instant you don't sign into the Apple mothership tracking servers?

<uehlnu$3ismg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2720&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2720

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: What percentage of iOS just stops working the instant you don't
sign into the Apple mothership tracking servers?
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 07:59:10 -0700
 by: Alan - Thu, 21 Sep 2023 14:59 UTC

On 2023-09-21 07:55, Wally J wrote:
> What percentage of iOS just stops working the instant you don't
> sign into the all pervasive Apple mothership tracking servers?
>
> Apple inserts unique identifiers into almost everything you do.
> Even your apps are tagged with a unique tracking ID for your account.
>
> I haven't signed into my iPad's Apple mothership tracking servers.
> Lots of nice things simply stop working as a direct result.
>
> Facetime.
> Messages.
> iCloud.
> etc.
>
> What percentage would you estimate that you love about iOS simply doesn't
> work unless you're constantly signed into Apple's mothership trackers?

The only things you mention OBVIOUSLY need an account into which you
must authenticate yourself.

Re: What percentage of iOS just stops working the instant you don't sign into the Apple mothership tracking servers?

<210920231110232552%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2723&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2723

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 11:10:23 -0400
 by: nospam - Thu, 21 Sep 2023 15:10 UTC

In article <uehlhl$1co72$1@paganini.bofh.team>, Wally J
<walterjones@invalid.nospam> wrote:

> What percentage of iOS just stops working the instant you don't
> sign into the all pervasive Apple mothership tracking servers?

zero.

this has been explained to you may times before.

Re: What percentage of iOS just stops working the instant you don't sign into the Apple mothership tracking servers?

<uehmrp$1cqsb$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2725&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2725

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 11:18:16 -0400
 by: Wally J - Thu, 21 Sep 2023 15:18 UTC

nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote

>> What percentage of iOS just stops working the instant you don't
>> sign into the all pervasive Apple mothership tracking servers?
>
> zero.
>
> this has been explained to you may times before.

Why are you iKooks so deathly afraid of the truth about Apple, nospam?

You know nospam, you always decree ignorant statements because you either
hate or you don't realize all that fancy stuff about messaging for example
[which the ignorant Alan Browne says has nothing to do with the walled
garden] simply doesn't work unless you are logged into your Apple account.

The fact you ignorant iKooks are completely oblivious that almost nothing
in iOS works without being logged into that account is no longer shocking.

Hell, Apple even inserts a _unique_ ID into even your free apps, nospam.
*No other operating system does that - just Apple's operating systems!*

You ignorant iKooks either _hate_ these facts, or you're oblivious to them.

Re: What percentage of iOS just stops working the instant you don't sign into the Apple mothership tracking servers?

<uk7q6d$3hohe$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3309&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3309

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2023 12:51:26 -0400
 by: Wally J - Wed, 29 Nov 2023 16:51 UTC

Wally J <walterjones@invalid.nospam> wrote

> What percentage of iOS just stops working the instant you don't
> sign into the all pervasive Apple mothership tracking servers?
>
> Apple inserts unique identifiers into almost everything you do.
> Even your apps are tagged with a unique tracking ID for your account.
>
> I haven't signed into my iPad's Apple mothership tracking servers.
> Lots of nice things simply stop working as a direct result.
>
> Facetime.
> Messages.
> iCloud.
> etc.
>
> What percentage would you estimate that you love about iOS simply doesn't
> work unless you're constantly signed into Apple's mothership trackers?

The problem with the iKooks isn't so much they're stupid (which they are).
Nor is the problem with iKooks that they're ignorant (which they are too).

But that the iKooks brazenly deny everything that Apple actually does.

Like this when the Genius had to personally unlock my Apple ID:
<https://i.postimg.cc/7P7NCctS/locked-01.jpg> AppleID is locked by Apple
<https://i.postimg.cc/4dHQQFfk/locked-02.jpg> Password was always good
<https://i.postimg.cc/vTdfLY2f/locked-03.jpg> Apple wants a gov license!!!
<https://i.postimg.cc/rpmJKw7p/locked-04.jpg> Then, iCloud works again
<https://i.postimg.cc/rwyGPpV9/locked-05.jpg> Then, Messages works again

And this which happened when I updated to iOS 16.7.2 recently:
<https://i.postimg.cc/9fPjQpr3/nag01.jpg> 3 iOS nag items
<https://i.postimg.cc/wxwgN0Fg/nag02.jpg> 2 iOS nag items
<https://i.postimg.cc/3NVqB4dC/nag03.jpg> 1 iOS nag item (permanent)

Note that the iKooks deny what Apple does out of their hatred for Apple.
They believed what Apple said - without testing what Apple actually does.

The fact is, Apple requires periodic login, and worse - if you don't,
then Apple will unilaterally brick the functionality that you liked.

Apple will even disable your AppleID until you waltz into an Apple Store
and show them _government ID_ (for Christs' sake!) to prove who you are.

How's that for no privacy on Apple products.
--
Most of what I know about mobile devices is because I test them myself.

Re: What percentage of iOS just stops working the instant you don't sign into the Apple mothership tracking servers?

<uk8bih$10heh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3310&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3310

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
sign into the Apple mothership tracking servers?
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2023 13:47:56 -0800
 by: Alan - Wed, 29 Nov 2023 21:47 UTC

On 2023-11-29 08:51, Wally J wrote:
> Wally J <walterjones@invalid.nospam> wrote
>
>> What percentage of iOS just stops working the instant you don't
>> sign into the all pervasive Apple mothership tracking servers?
>>
>> Apple inserts unique identifiers into almost everything you do.
>> Even your apps are tagged with a unique tracking ID for your account.
>>
>> I haven't signed into my iPad's Apple mothership tracking servers.
>> Lots of nice things simply stop working as a direct result.
>>
>> Facetime.
>> Messages.
>> iCloud.
>> etc.
>>
>> What percentage would you estimate that you love about iOS simply doesn't
>> work unless you're constantly signed into Apple's mothership trackers?
>
> The problem with the iKooks isn't so much they're stupid (which they are).
> Nor is the problem with iKooks that they're ignorant (which they are too).
>
> But that the iKooks brazenly deny everything that Apple actually does.
>
> Like this when the Genius had to personally unlock my Apple ID:
> <https://i.postimg.cc/7P7NCctS/locked-01.jpg> AppleID is locked by Apple

But for what reason? You deliberately entering the wrong password too
many times springs to mind.

> <https://i.postimg.cc/4dHQQFfk/locked-02.jpg> Password was always good

We just have to take your word for that, do we?

> <https://i.postimg.cc/vTdfLY2f/locked-03.jpg> Apple wants a gov license!!!

There is literally nothing on that image about a government license.

> <https://i.postimg.cc/rpmJKw7p/locked-04.jpg> Then, iCloud works again

Imagine that! Lock yourself out (probably deliberately) and then do
what's necessary to unlock your account (imaginary need for a "gov [sic]
license" ignored), and your account works!

> <https://i.postimg.cc/rwyGPpV9/locked-05.jpg> Then, Messages works again

And how is that in any way what shouldn't be expected?

Sign out of WhatsApp...

....and WhatsApp won't work either.

> And this which happened when I updated to iOS 16.7.2 recently:
> <https://i.postimg.cc/9fPjQpr3/nag01.jpg> 3 iOS nag items

Not "nag items" at all. Informational alerts.

> <https://i.postimg.cc/wxwgN0Fg/nag02.jpg> 2 iOS nag items

And?

> <https://i.postimg.cc/3NVqB4dC/nag03.jpg> 1 iOS nag item (permanent)
>
> Note that the iKooks deny what Apple does out of their hatred for Apple.
> They believed what Apple said - without testing what Apple actually does.
>
> The fact is, Apple requires periodic login, and worse - if you don't,
> then Apple will unilaterally brick the functionality that you liked.

The fact is that your statement is false.

I have an iPhone 8 and I've used it for years without this so-called
"periodic login".

> Apple will even disable your AppleID until you waltz into an Apple Store
> and show them _government ID_ (for Christs' sake!) to prove who you are.

Something you have failed to show.

> How's that for no privacy on Apple products.

How is Apple not protecting your privacy by demanding that an account
after a certain number of (probably deliberately) failed login attempt
requires extra steps to prove you are actually the holder of that account?

Are you suggesting that someone should just be able to waltz into any
Apple store and declare that he or she is the rightful account owner and
have the password reset?