You had mail. Paul read it, so ask him what it said.

devel / comp.theory / food lion

SubjectAuthor
* food lionB.H.
`- food lionB.H.

1
food lion

<ec136d3b-b3e3-4e61-958e-8b1d28655f5en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=27292&group=comp.theory#27292

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2022 11:01:16 -0800 (PST)
Subject: food lion
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Tue, 1 Mar 2022 19:01 UTC

0

If you want to check out the weaknesses of a store whose quality w.r.t. me is getting worse and closer to Wal-mart, check out the W. Broad Street Food Lion today. Bring some friends along if you want, the bad-business learning might be worth the money if you can see which items won't be stocked for you.

The point of giving partial information at this point is to provide an opportunity for business researchers to do some sleuthing themselves...if I tell everything I know and have seen at this point, I basically just toss data to the efficient-market-hypothesis-related economic forces, removing some of the opportunities for greater financial gain from readers.

Re: food lion

<c0361850-da4d-438b-b2fa-0c06a7d0ec8bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=27296&group=comp.theory#27296

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2022 13:38:42 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: food lion
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Tue, 1 Mar 2022 21:38 UTC

On Tuesday, March 1, 2022 at 2:01:18 PM UTC-5, B.H. wrote:
> 0
>
> If you want to check out the weaknesses of a store whose quality w.r.t. me is getting worse and closer to Wal-mart, check out the W. Broad Street Food Lion today. Bring some friends along if you want, the bad-business learning might be worth the money if you can see which items won't be stocked for you.
>
> The point of giving partial information at this point is to provide an opportunity for business researchers to do some sleuthing themselves...if I tell everything I know and have seen at this point, I basically just toss data to the efficient-market-hypothesis-related economic forces, removing some of the opportunities for greater financial gain from readers.

(If you don't know anything about investing, you could look at "One Up On Wall Street" by Peter Lynch or maybe "The Intelligent Investor." The point is that the data used in investing can't all be known by top investors; if you research local stores, sometimes you figure out a way to learn data about which businesses are worth buying and selling on the stock market. You can even look into stores as "practice," i.e., you might do something like check out a local Safeway, make a prediction, do the same thing at some other stores, and wait 2 years or so (or however long you need to wait--I don't know) to see if your predictions were true and reflected in the stock market. If you have enough money you could do some good investing with this, I recommend using sites on the internet that don't share your investing data...I think I read that "Robin Hood," which Vlad Tenev, who went to my HS, started, collects data on what you buy and sell and sells it to other firms, which could eliminate you ability to make a good profit.)