From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: How to CHANGE default "Share" menu options
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2022 21:53:25 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Andy Burnelli - Thu, 3 Feb 2022 21:53 UTC

Probably nobody knows how to do this, which is ok.
But _maybe_ someone is ahead of me on this perhaps?

1. I use Ungoogled Chromium to view web pages
2. When I want to "Share" a link via my SMS app
3. I longpress the Ungoogled Chromium address bar
4. That pops up a menu with a "Share" icon
5. When I press that "Share" icon there isn't an option to share to SMS

*How can I _add_ the share-to-SMS option to that share menu?*

BTW, there are _lots_ of things it _does_ share to.
One of which is "More"
When I press "More", only then do I get the option to share to SMS.

How do I change the default Share menu to skip that extra step?
--
Probably nobody knows how, so it's ok if there are no solutions.

Re: How to CHANGE default "Share" menu options

<stjpuu$81q$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=27369&group=comp.mobile.android#27369

From: doseas{n...@usa.net (David Oseas)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: How to CHANGE default "Share" menu options
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2022 10:06:21 -0800
 by: David Oseas - Fri, 4 Feb 2022 18:06 UTC

On 2/3/2022 1:53 PM, Andy Burnelli wrote:

> How do I change the default Share menu to skip that extra step?

You can long press on the app icon and "pin" it to the top of the Share
menu. However, it seems that every app treats Share differently: in
some apps, all 4 icons I have pinned show up first, in others only 2 or 3.

The Share menu is one of those things I wish Google would give us better
control of: there are apps that appear that I never want to share to;
also, I made the mistake of replying to someone's Email one time on my
phone, rather than waiting until I got home to my PC and now they are in
the #1 spot in my Share menu & I can't seem to get rid of them, no
matter how many other people I Email. I've tested a few apps that claim
to allow you to make changes to Share, but none that I've tested work to
my satisfaction.

Good luck in your quest!

-David