BASIC is the Computer Science equivalent of `Scientific Creationism'.

devel / comp.databases.theory / Re: Databases, data science and file systems

SubjectAuthor
* Databases, data science and file systemsAnssi Porttikivi
`- Re: Databases, data science and file systemsRoy Hann

1
Databases, data science and file systems

<89b5abf2-27e5-4e70-ae39-1e14fd5434dan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=274&group=comp.databases.theory#274

Newsgroups: comp.databases.theory
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 23:54:00 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Databases, data science and file systems
From: porttik...@gmail.com (Anssi Porttikivi)
 by: Anssi Porttikivi - Tue, 24 May 2022 06:54 UTC

I've been lately involved with large scale ralational data systems, data warehousing and lastly with Dell Centera -> ECS migration.

I am a little confused of the discourses and the fields of science involved, and the marketplace.

Is there a common "field" for relational theory, other database stuff, file systems and things like "object storage" and CAS plus the myriad concepts of data warehousing? Is this a good forum to discuss them all?

Re: Databases, data science and file systems

<t763a3$1o9k$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=275&group=comp.databases.theory#275

From: specia...@processed.almost.meat (Roy Hann)
Newsgroups: comp.databases.theory
Subject: Re: Databases, data science and file systems
Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 22:02:44 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Roy Hann - Tue, 31 May 2022 22:02 UTC

Anssi Porttikivi wrote:

> I've been lately involved with large scale ralational data systems,
> data warehousing and lastly with Dell Centera -> ECS migration.

> I am a little confused of the discourses and the fields of science involved,
> and the marketplace.

> Is there a common "field" for relational theory, other database stuff,
> file systems and things like "object storage" and CAS plus the myriad
> concepts of data warehousing? Is this a good forum to discuss them all?

It's hard to say no because it's hard to guess what you even think you
are asking, but here goes: no.

Roy