Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 17:58:45 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: More commentary on my skepticism of Ukrainian victory.
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Mon, 14 Mar 2022 00:58 UTC

https://www.yahoo.com/news/shaming-apple-texting-musk-ukraine-151230727.html

Ukrainian victory is desirable but unlikely, I still maintain. Having found this story, I see the Ukrainian tactics a little better.

Regarding this quote...

“The truth is on our side,” he added. “I’m sure we’re going to win.”

....the obvious quip is that Ukraine's leadership seems to support the idea that Ukraine should leech off of American slaves like me, so although Ukraine is not as evil as Russia, the notion that Ukraine "has the high ground over Russia" is true but not enough...most likely, Russia and Ukraine were subtly pitted against each other by highly sophisticated and very furious human trafficking opponents.

The shut-down of computer programs and hardware availability in Russia doesn't sound like a sufficiently powerful tactic to truly overwhelm the Russians...it sounds like a temporary trick to zap Russian economic metrics, perhaps creating panic, but not doing lasting damage to the Russian economy. If the ban by the tech firms were ended, it would be nothing more than something akin to a service outage for a few weeks.

I won't share ideas that would help Vladimir Putin, even if such ideas might lead to me "being proved right." I don't share every analytical idea I might think of. At this time, I refuse to provide helpful advice to pro-Ukrainian forces also, based on how I've been treated; I'll kibitz and predict, but I will not aid either side, I'm done helping Ukraine's government. I think citizens should evacuate to be safe. "The truth" is that Ukraine is less evil than Russia but possibly pitted against it as a screw-you from non-fans of rather but not extremely immoral leeches who prey on American resources and current/former American children.

In general, the negotiations between Russia and Ukraine are a good sign, but possibly fake. There is no way to tell, for me at least, if the negotiations will break down.

-Philip White (philipjwhite@yahoo.com)

Re: More commentary on my skepticism of Ukrainian victory.

<d4ea3096-bfa6-430a-b1c2-4cd30cd5b912n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=27721&group=comp.theory#27721

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 18:06:17 -0700 (PDT)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Mon, 14 Mar 2022 01:06 UTC

On Sunday, March 13, 2022 at 8:58:47 PM UTC-4, B.H. wrote:
> https://www.yahoo.com/news/shaming-apple-texting-musk-ukraine-151230727.html
>
> Ukrainian victory is desirable but unlikely, I still maintain. Having found this story, I see the Ukrainian tactics a little better.
>
> Regarding this quote...
>
> “The truth is on our side,” he added. “I’m sure we’re going to win.”
>
> ...the obvious quip is that Ukraine's leadership seems to support the idea that Ukraine should leech off of American slaves like me, so although Ukraine is not as evil as Russia, the notion that Ukraine "has the high ground over Russia" is true but not enough...most likely, Russia and Ukraine were subtly pitted against each other by highly sophisticated and very furious human trafficking opponents.
>
> The shut-down of computer programs and hardware availability in Russia doesn't sound like a sufficiently powerful tactic to truly overwhelm the Russians...it sounds like a temporary trick to zap Russian economic metrics, perhaps creating panic, but not doing lasting damage to the Russian economy. If the ban by the tech firms were ended, it would be nothing more than something akin to a service outage for a few weeks.
>
> I won't share ideas that would help Vladimir Putin, even if such ideas might lead to me "being proved right." I don't share every analytical idea I might think of. At this time, I refuse to provide helpful advice to pro-Ukrainian forces also, based on how I've been treated; I'll kibitz and predict, but I will not aid either side, I'm done helping Ukraine's government. I think citizens should evacuate to be safe. "The truth" is that Ukraine is less evil than Russia but possibly pitted against it as a screw-you from non-fans of rather but not extremely immoral leeches who prey on American resources and current/former American children.
>
> In general, the negotiations between Russia and Ukraine are a good sign, but possibly fake. There is no way to tell, for me at least, if the negotiations will break down.
>
> -Philip White (philip...@yahoo.com)

(I mean "rather and not extremely evil" in the sense of "evil percentile"....all human traffickers are quite evil, but not all are in the 99.999999th percentile or whatever of evil.)