Do not underestimate the value of print statements for debugging.

computers / comp.mobile.android / Left and right selfies

SubjectAuthor
* Left and right selfiesmicky
+- Re: Left and right selfiesCarlos E.R.
+* Re: Left and right selfiesVanguardLH
|`* Re: Left and right selfiesmicky
| `* Re: Left and right selfiesSavageduck
|  `* Re: Left and right selfiesYK
|   `- Re: Left and right selfiesSavageduck
+- Re: Left and right selfiesSavageduck
+- Re: Left and right selfiesphilo
`* Re: Left and right selfiesphilo
 `* Re: Left and right selfiesElfida Polat
  `- Re: Left and right selfiesHaKaN

1
Left and right selfies

<n2rr0hd43751dil72o805u6qvvjd8qhph8@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=28057&group=comp.mobile.android#28057

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,alt.photography
Subject: Left and right selfies
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 08:46:29 +0200
 by: micky - Thu, 17 Feb 2022 06:46 UTC

I've suspected for quite a while that something strange was going on
with Android phones, mostly when I saw text that is backwards, even on
professional websites. (although there could be many stages where a
photo is reversed left to right, so I didn't jump to conclusions.)

But last week I was on a plane and the guy wanted to take a selfie, and
he sent it to me, and I know for sure I was sitting on his right, but it
the picture I'm on his left.

Then last night, being the suave guy I am, I picked up 3 girls for
dinner and a night of conviviality. They wante a picture so I took one,
then one of them took selfies with my phone. Miraculously, the one on
the right ended up on the left and the ones on the left ended up on the
right!! This can't be because of the lunar tides.

This effect seems so obvious, and obvious to so many, that I'm really
surprised neither the phone camera people nor the android people have
stopped it. Or made it optional.

Is there any chance they both stopped it so that we're back where we
started?

Is there a setting to stop it? I'm not into selfies but on the rare
occasion I want one, I want the cancerous mole on my right temple to be
where the plastic surgeon can find it.

Re: Left and right selfies

<tsu1ei-ckc.ln1@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=28065&group=comp.mobile.android#28065

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,alt.photography
Subject: Re: Left and right selfies
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 14:24:13 +0100
 by: Carlos E.R. - Thu, 17 Feb 2022 13:24 UTC

On 2022-02-17 07:46, micky wrote:
> I've suspected for quite a while that something strange was going on
> with Android phones, mostly when I saw text that is backwards, even on
> professional websites. (although there could be many stages where a
> photo is reversed left to right, so I didn't jump to conclusions.)
>
> But last week I was on a plane and the guy wanted to take a selfie, and
> he sent it to me, and I know for sure I was sitting on his right, but it
> the picture I'm on his left.
>
> Then last night, being the suave guy I am, I picked up 3 girls for
> dinner and a night of conviviality. They wante a picture so I took one,
> then one of them took selfies with my phone. Miraculously, the one on
> the right ended up on the left and the ones on the left ended up on the
> right!! This can't be because of the lunar tides.
>
> This effect seems so obvious, and obvious to so many, that I'm really
> surprised neither the phone camera people nor the android people have
> stopped it. Or made it optional.
>
> Is there any chance they both stopped it so that we're back where we
> started?
>
> Is there a setting to stop it? I'm not into selfies but on the rare
> occasion I want one, I want the cancerous mole on my right temple to be
> where the plastic surgeon can find it.

Yes, there is a setting. The rationale is to make you look in the selfie
the same way as in a mirror.

It is called "mirror effect". Huh, this is new, I can't disable the
effect, the switch makes no effect.

Bug.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: Left and right selfies

<1h8xotzjdczlx.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=28069&group=comp.mobile.android#28069

From: V...@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,alt.photography
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 08:05:18 -0600
 by: VanguardLH - Thu, 17 Feb 2022 14:05 UTC

micky wrote:

> I've suspected for quite a while that something strange was going on
> with Android phones, mostly when I saw text that is backwards, even
> on professional websites. (although there could be many stages where
> a photo is reversed left to right, so I didn't jump to conclusions.)
>
> But last week I was on a plane and the guy wanted to take a selfie,
> and he sent it to me, and I know for sure I was sitting on his right,
> but it the picture I'm on his left.

https://www.techadvisor.com/how-to/google-android/flip-selfie-android-3699438/

Re: Left and right selfies

<0001HW.27BE9442000203B570000343338F@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=28070&group=comp.mobile.android#28070

Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 06:33:38 -0800
From: savagedu...@{REMOVESPAM}me.com (Savageduck)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android, alt.photography
 by: Savageduck - Thu, 17 Feb 2022 14:33 UTC

On Feb 16, 2022, micky wrote
(in article<n2rr0hd43751dil72o805u6qvvjd8qhph8@4ax.com>):

> I've suspected for quite a while that something strange was going on
> with Android phones, mostly when I saw text that is backwards, even on
> professional websites. (although there could be many stages where a
> photo is reversed left to right, so I didn't jump to conclusions.)
>
> But last week I was on a plane and the guy wanted to take a selfie, and
> he sent it to me, and I know for sure I was sitting on his right, but it
> the picture I'm on his left.
>
> Then last night, being the suave guy I am, I picked up 3 girls for
> dinner and a night of conviviality. They wante a picture so I took one,
> then one of them took selfies with my phone. Miraculously, the one on
> the right ended up on the left and the ones on the left ended up on the
> right!! This can't be because of the lunar tides.
>
> This effect seems so obvious, and obvious to so many, that I'm really
> surprised neither the phone camera people nor the android people have
> stopped it. Or made it optional.
>
> Is there any chance they both stopped it so that we're back where we
> started?
>
> Is there a setting to stop it? I'm not into selfies but on the rare
> occasion I want one, I want the cancerous mole on my right temple to be
> where the plastic surgeon can find it.

I can’t speak for Android, but with iOS you have the option to mirror front camera by going to Settings->Camera->Mirror Front Photos (On/Off)

--
Regards,
Savageduck

Re: Left and right selfies

<vkrt0htg7g87csfaf1fr1lfhv0jb1c12h0@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=28114&group=comp.mobile.android#28114

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,alt.photography
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2022 03:02:31 +0200
 by: micky - Fri, 18 Feb 2022 01:02 UTC

In alt.photography, on Thu, 17 Feb 2022 08:05:18 -0600, VanguardLH
<V@nguard.LH> wrote:

>micky wrote:
>
>> I've suspected for quite a while that something strange was going on
>> with Android phones, mostly when I saw text that is backwards, even
>> on professional websites. (although there could be many stages where
>> a photo is reversed left to right, so I didn't jump to conclusions.)
>>
>> But last week I was on a plane and the guy wanted to take a selfie,
>> and he sent it to me, and I know for sure I was sitting on his right,
>> but it the picture I'm on his left.
>
>https://www.techadvisor.com/how-to/google-android/flip-selfie-android-3699438/

By golly. I switched it back to normal.

Of course I have some other camera app (Open Camera**), and even 3
telephoto lens apps that might need flipping. (I guess I won't be using
the telephoto lens for a selfie. I keep thinking of them as just the
lens, and using the regular camera app, but that's probably taking the
word "lens" too far and they probably don't use the regular camera app
at all.)

**It was already set at "no mirror".

BTW, the people at alt.photography seem to have evacuated, but sending a
copy there is still a good record.

Re: Left and right selfies

<0001HW.27BF41A50028A06970000CF9638F@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=28119&group=comp.mobile.android#28119

Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 18:53:25 -0800
From: savagedu...@{REMOVESPAM}me.com (Savageduck)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android, alt.photography
 by: Savageduck - Fri, 18 Feb 2022 02:53 UTC

On Feb 17, 2022, micky wrote
(in article<vkrt0htg7g87csfaf1fr1lfhv0jb1c12h0@4ax.com>):

I still check for traffic at a.p. and not c.m.a.

--
Regards,
Savageduck

Re: Left and right selfies

<suog1p$mo2$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=28129&group=comp.mobile.android#28129

From: youkidd...@yahoo.com (YK)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,alt.photography
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2022 11:04:00 -0500
 by: YK - Fri, 18 Feb 2022 16:04 UTC

On 2/17/2022 9:53 PM, Savageduck wrote:
>> BTW, the people at alt.photography seem to have evacuated, but sending a
>> copy there is still a good record.
>
> I still check for traffic at a.p. and not c.m.a.

Savageduck has trolled c.m.a for years (I don't know about a.p though).

Re: Left and right selfies

<0001HW.27C1C1A000B3D8AF70000E90C38F@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=28187&group=comp.mobile.android#28187

Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2022 16:24:00 -0800
From: savagedu...@{REMOVESPAM}me.com (Savageduck)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android, alt.photography
 by: Savageduck - Sun, 20 Feb 2022 00:24 UTC

On Feb 18, 2022, YK wrote
(in article <suog1p$mo2$1@gioia.aioe.org>):

> On 2/17/2022 9:53 PM, Savageduck wrote:
> > > BTW, the people at alt.photography seem to have evacuated, but sending a
> > > copy there is still a good record.
> >
> > I still check for traffic at a.p. and not c.m.a.
>
> Savageduck has trolled c.m.a for years (I don't know about a.p though).

I don’t subscribe to c.m.a. never have, and never had a reason to. I own one Android device, the DJI Smart Controller for a drone.
I do subscribe to a.p. which is how I came across this thread which was cross posted to both NGs.

--
Regards,
Savageduck

Re: Left and right selfies

<7365111d16cbe66ce1a736f2c42a7a7b@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=28196&group=comp.mobile.android#28196

Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2022 04:01:22 +0000
From: phi...@news.novabbs.com (philo)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
 by: philo - Sun, 20 Feb 2022 04:01 UTC

If you picked up three women, your last care would be reversed selfies .

Re: Left and right selfies

<t7ss1o$fkk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=32726&group=comp.mobile.android#32726

From: phi...@privacy.net (philo)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,alt.photography
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2022 08:19:52 -0500
 by: philo - Thu, 9 Jun 2022 13:19 UTC

On 2/17/22 12:46 AM, micky wrote:
> I've suspected for quite a while that something strange was going on
> with Android phones, mostly when I saw text that is backwards, even on
> professional websites. (although there could be many stages where a
> photo is reversed left to right, so I didn't jump to conclusions.)
>
> But last week I was on a plane and the guy wanted to take a selfie, and
> he sent it to me, and I know for sure I was sitting on his right, but it
> the picture I'm on his left.
>
> Then last night, being the suave guy I am, I picked up 3 girls for
> dinner and a night of conviviality. They wante a picture so I took one,
> then one of them took selfies with my phone. Miraculously, the one on
> the right ended up on the left and the ones on the left ended up on the
> right!! This can't be because of the lunar tides.
>
> This effect seems so obvious, and obvious to so many, that I'm really
> surprised neither the phone camera people nor the android people have
> stopped it. Or made it optional.
>
> Is there any chance they both stopped it so that we're back where we
> started?
>
> Is there a setting to stop it? I'm not into selfies but on the rare
> occasion I want one, I want the cancerous mole on my right temple to be
> where the plastic surgeon can find it.

Last time I took a selfie with three women at my side, was with a 35mm
camera on a tripod...sometime around 1973.

Re: Left and right selfies

<b353fb68-bd35-4abf-906f-fe5cf45f7154n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=33082&group=comp.mobile.android#33082

Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 13:53:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: seoposta...@gmail.com (Elfida Polat)
 by: Elfida Polat - Fri, 24 Jun 2022 20:53 UTC

değişmiş?
https://bilgilarus.com/tembellikten-kurtulmak-icin-dua-tembellikten-kurtulmak-icin-esma/

Re: Left and right selfies

<b7b0f130-8f24-4061-8e53-2e6d499e4e35n@googlegroups.com>