From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.misc
Subject: [RUMOR] High-end Mac Mini to be thinner
Date: Wed, 26 May 2021 08:48:47 +1200
 by: Your Name - Tue, 25 May 2021 20:48 UTC

Pointless waste of time making a desktop computer thinner and thinner.
They should be making it more upgradable!! Apple lost the plot when
idiot Johnny Ive was put in charge and haven't regained any sense now
that he's gone. :-(

From MacRumors.com ...

High-End Mac Mini Said to Feature Thinner Design
With 'Plexiglass' Top, Magnetic Power Port
Last week, Bloomberg reported that Apple is working on a
high-end version of the Mac mini with additional ports
and featuring the same Apple silicon chip expected to
debut in the upcoming redesigned MacBook Pro. Now, new
renders from Apple leaker Jon Prosser have potentially
given us our first look at this upcoming Mac.

According to renders made by Ian Zelbo in collaboration
with Prosser, and shared in a new YouTube video from
Front Page Tech, the new Mac mini will retain a mostly
similar design to the existing ‌Mac mini‌ but be smaller
in overall size.

Render image 1:

<https://images.macrumors.com/t/DQyM4X9b9PdNPb0vEfUWBIp2vZo=/1600x0/filters:quality(90)/article-new/2021/05/mac-mini-ports.jpg>

Render Image 2:

<https://images.macrumors.com/t/LVxbKD-dYyWYSiJvid3QQy2WTrQ=/1600x0/filters:quality(90)/article-new/2021/05/mac-mini-back2.jpg>

Render Image 3:

<https://images.macrumors.com/t/DQyM4X9b9PdNPb0vEfUWBIp2vZo=/1600x0/filters:quality(90)/article-new/2021/05/mac-mini-ports.jpg>

YouTube Video: (8mins 30secs)
<https://youtu.be/BhgtBxzroLI>

According to Prosser, the new high-end ‌Mac mini‌ will
feature the same ports currently available on the
Intel-based ‌Mac mini‌, which includes four Thunderbolt,
two USB-A, Ethernet, and HDMI. Another change reportedly
coming to the new ‌Mac mini‌ is a "plexiglass-like" top,
which will sit above the aluminum enclosure.

Proser says he has "heard" that Apple is testing
two-tone color options for the ‌Mac mini‌, similar to the
newly released 24-inch iMac. Finally, Prosser says that
the new ‌Mac mini‌ will feature the same magnetic power
port that debuted in the 24-inch ‌iMac‌.

Apple updated the ‌Mac mini‌ with the M1 Apple silicon
chip in November, keeping in its lineup Mac minis
equipped with Intel processors. Bloomberg has indicated
Apple could scrap its plans to release this new high-end
‌Mac mini‌ but notes that regardless, it will eventually
replace the current Intel models with ones featuring
Apple silicon chips.

<https://www.macrumors.com/2021/05/25/high-end-mac-mini-renders/>

Re: [RUMOR] High-end Mac Mini to be thinner

<auirI.597766$gNue.298547@fx26.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=282&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#282

Subject: Re: [RUMOR] High-end Mac Mini to be thinner
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.misc
From: ali...@invalid.address (alien)
Date: Wed, 26 May 2021 04:35:49 +0200
 by: alien - Wed, 26 May 2021 02:35 UTC

On 25/05/21 22.48, Your Name wrote:

> Pointless waste of time making a desktop computer thinner and thinner.
> They should be making it more upgradable!! Apple lost the plot when
> idiot Johnny Ive was put in charge and haven't regained any sense now
> that he's gone.  :-(

<snip>

That is true, even it become the opposite with their goal as carbon
neutral company, since if it broke or become too old and cannot be
upgrade, in the end it will end up in landfill.
--
-alien-
~ Work like you don't need the money. ~