Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2022 03:27:40 +0000
Subject: Pixlr
From: phi...@news.novabbs.com (philo)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
 by: philo - Sun, 20 Feb 2022 03:27 UTC

Does anyone here use the photo editor Pixlr ?
I recently updated it from the Playstore and it became useless. I had to revert to previous version.

Posted simply as a word of warning.

Re: Pixlr

<susgkl$r4s$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=28198&group=comp.mobile.android#28198

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Pixlr
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2022 04:38:36 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sun, 20 Feb 2022 04:38 UTC

philo wrote:

> Posted simply as a word of warning.

Thanks for the headsup warning, where I don't use any photo editor on
Android (screen is too small) but where I would like to help if I can.

Plus I like to learn from others, where I googled Pixlr which is here:
<https://play.google.com/store/search?q=pixlr&c=apps>
But I noticed they have multiple marketing breakdowns, which is confusing.
<https://www.reddit.com/r/pixlr/comments/p5omj4/pixlr_isnt_working_at_all/>

They have a support page over here, apparently, which has an FAQ:
<https://blog.pixlr.com/support/>

And there seem to be a few "pixlr not working" issues on the net, e.g.,
How do I fix Pixlr not working?
Pixlr Editor Error Page?
On your computer, open Chrome.
At the top right, click More.
Click More tools Clear browsing data.
At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
Next to �Cookies and other site data� and �Cached images and files,�
check the boxes.
Click Clear data.
<https://blog.pixlr.com/support/pixlr-editor-error-page/>

Personally, if I were to edit on Android, I'd find a free ad free editor,
although I'm well aware that your needs may be different for image editing.
*Photo Editor by BeFunky*, rated 4.6, 100K+ downloads
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.com.befunky.BeFunkyPhotoEditor>

Searching on Aurora for free, ad free, gsf free, google free, highly rated
apps with over a hundred thousand downloads finds a few interesting ones.
*Fotogenic* by Best Photo Editing Apps, over 100K+, rated 4.8
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hde7.fotogenic>

If I loosen the filters to keep it a high rating & over 100K+ downloads but
allow GSF dependent apps, more show up, for example these are interesting.
*PhotoRoom* Studio Photo Editor, rated 4.7, 100K+ downloads
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.photoroom.app>

Heck, even Adobe seems to have a free highly rated oft-downloaded editor.
*Photoshop Express Photo Editor*, 100K+ downloads, rated 4.3
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.adobe.psmobile>

Anyway, thanks for the warning where I wouldn't ever touch an ad supported
photo editor unless and until I exhausted the plethora of free ad free gsf
free google free photo editors that "claim" to provide photoshop
functionality.

So that I learn more for myself, I downloaded all the apps mentioned above,
and I will take a look at each to test for which will be my keepers.
--
I hope others can help more than I did though, as I apologize that I don't
use the app you are using (nor would I ever unless it was the only app left