From: jaugust...@verizon.net
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: VoiceMail Disabled on Phone, but..
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 14:59:11 -0500
 by: jaugust...@verizon.net - Thu, 24 Feb 2022 19:59 UTC

Hi,

After I bought a new Tracfone, Samsung Galaxy A11, to replace old simple
Tracfone, I called Tracfone tech support to Activate and transfer air time
and minutes from old phone to A11.

Tech support person said I can NOT make phone calls until I set up
Voicemail. Later, I found out this was FALSE, but it was too late.

I did NOT want Voicemail, but I setup Voicemail. I WISH I used
"Disabled" instead of my name in the outgoing message.

Note: Tracfone normally is OFF since I have a land line phone. Recently
I received a couple of spams via Voicemail. After wasting time on telephone
with a Tracfone tech support person in an effort to "deactivate" Voicemail,
I decided to Disable the Voicemail app on my Tracfone.

Does anyone know what happens to Voicemail messages that accumulate
over a long period of time? Also, is Voicemail messages using up my data?

Thank You in advance, John

Re: VoiceMail Disabled on Phone, but..

<sv8ub0$mft$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=28331&group=comp.mobile.android#28331

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: VoiceMail Disabled on Phone, but..
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 22:46:08 +0100
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Thu, 24 Feb 2022 21:46 UTC

Am 24.02.22 um 20:59 schrieb jaugustine@verizon.net:
> Hi,
>
> After I bought a new Tracfone, Samsung Galaxy A11, to replace old simple
> Tracfone, I called Tracfone tech support to Activate and transfer air time
> and minutes from old phone to A11.
>
> Tech support person said I can NOT make phone calls until I set up
> Voicemail. Later, I found out this was FALSE, but it was too late.
>
> I did NOT want Voicemail, but I setup Voicemail. I WISH I used
> "Disabled" instead of my name in the outgoing message.
>
> Note: Tracfone normally is OFF since I have a land line phone. Recently
> I received a couple of spams via Voicemail. After wasting time on telephone
> with a Tracfone tech support person in an effort to "deactivate" Voicemail,
> I decided to Disable the Voicemail app on my Tracfone.
>
> Does anyone know what happens to Voicemail messages that accumulate
> over a long period of time? Also, is Voicemail messages using up my data?

This is probably the wrong group for your question. This has nothing to
do with Android even if you use an Android smartphone.

--
De gustibus non est disputandum

Re: VoiceMail Disabled on Phone, but..

<svba6d$lmh$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=28364&group=comp.mobile.android#28364

From: REMOVETH...@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 19:20:46 -0000 (UTC)
 by: badgolferman - Fri, 25 Feb 2022 19:20 UTC

Joerg Lorenz <hugybear@gmx.ch> wrote:

> This is probably the wrong group for your question. This has nothing to
> do with Android even if you use an Android smartphone.

Since you know nothing and you add nothing why do you continue to respond?

Re: VoiceMail Disabled on Phone, but..

<svbk6g$1lup$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=28396&group=comp.mobile.android#28396

From: patchmo...@gmx.com (RJH)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 22:11:28 -0000 (UTC)
 by: RJH - Fri, 25 Feb 2022 22:11 UTC

On 25 Feb 2022 at 7:20:46 PM, badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:

>> This is probably the wrong group for your question. This has nothing to
>> do with Android even if you use an Android smartphone.
>
> Since you know nothing and you add nothing why do you continue to respond?

You telling him what he already knows that he knows nothing won't help him.
--
Cheers, Rob

Re: VoiceMail Disabled on Phone, but..

<svcic9$r72$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=28415&group=comp.mobile.android#28415

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2022 07:46:33 +0100
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Sat, 26 Feb 2022 06:46 UTC

Am 25.02.22 um 20:20 schrieb badgolferman:
> Joerg Lorenz <hugybear@gmx.ch> wrote:
>
>> This is probably the wrong group for your question. This has nothing to
>> do with Android even if you use an Android smartphone.
>
> Since you know nothing and you add nothing why do you continue to respond?

I know for certain that provider specific issues are Off Topic in this
group.

Keep your hands off the keyboard if you do not have anything to say. And
it is obvious that you know even less than I do. *ROTFLSTC*

--
De gustibus non est disputandum

Re: VoiceMail Disabled on Phone, but..

<svdf8p$edd$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=28426&group=comp.mobile.android#28426

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2022 15:59:37 +0100
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Sat, 26 Feb 2022 14:59 UTC

Am 25.02.22 um 20:20 schrieb badgolferman:
> Joerg Lorenz <hugybear@gmx.ch> wrote:
>
>> This is probably the wrong group for your question. This has nothing to
>> do with Android even if you use an Android smartphone.
>
> Since you know nothing and you add nothing why do you continue to respond?

BTW: Did you fix your shared reminder list on your iPhone? I is so easy.
I sent you two links that help you ...

--
De gustibus non est disputandum