Computer programs expand so as to fill the core available.

computers / alt.online-service.comcast / Xfinity Changes My Plan Without My Authorization

SubjectAuthor
* Xfinity Changes My Plan Without My AuthorizationBoris
+* Re: Xfinity Changes My Plan Without My AuthorizationAdam H. Kerman
|`- Re: Xfinity Changes My Plan Without My AuthorizationBoris
+- Re: Xfinity Changes My Plan Without My AuthorizationRetirednoguilt
`* Re: Xfinity Changes My Plan Without My AuthorizationBoris
 `- Re: Xfinity Changes My Plan Without My AuthorizationBizarro Roy

1
Xfinity Changes My Plan Without My Authorization

<XnsAE38AD843421DBorisinvalidinvalid@144.76.35.252>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=285&group=alt.online-service.comcast#285

From: Bor...@invalid.invalid (Boris)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Subject: Xfinity Changes My Plan Without My Authorization
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 01:03:26 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Boris - Wed, 9 Feb 2022 01:03 UTC

Hi,

Xfinity automatically updated my plan and put me on a contract, to my
surprise.�I had nothing to do with it. They sent me an email confirming
my 'new' plan.

I've been an Xfinity customer since 1994.� Many, many years ago, I
stopped signing up for contracts, and have been simply paying for my
TV/internet service on a monthly basis.� My current, and correct bill
shows I have X1 Preferred (Double Play includes Digital Preferred, Epix,
Streampix, HD Technology Fee and Performance Pro Internet).

TV: 220 + Channels

Internet: Download as fast as 175 Mbps

Today, I received an email from Xfinity, headed "Your updated service
order is confirmed".� The problem is that I made no changes to my plan.�
The email went on to describe the updated service, that now includes
Ultimate Double Play, TV Kids & Family, Internet X1 Superfast - 5.0.�
Next it says "The offer is subject to the terms of your 12-month term
contract.� $110 Early Termination Fee applies.� Ultimate double play
includes ultimate TV , DVR service and superfast internet.

Xfinity is issuing a new style of bill. Those new services may be
similar to what I have, but with the descriptions being changed. Words
like 'ultimate' and 'superfast' sound better than 'Performance Pro'.

Notice that it says I now have a 12-month contract.� That's what I'd like
to have reversed.� I've stayed out of contracts for years and years, and
somehow they automatically changed my plan, and put me on a contract.

I called in twice today to Xfinity.� The first person said they showed I
called in two days earlier, February 6, and made the change.� I said I
did not.� They asked if I used the Xfinity app to make the change, and I
said no, I don't have the app, and didn't make the change.� They kept
accusing me of making the change, and didn't understand why if I did make
the change, why would I be calling in to reverse it.

The second person didn't see any open order (well yeah, the 'order' is
complete), and didn't see that anyone called in, but couldn't take me off
a contract.

I do remember a few years ago when Xfinity did something similar without
my authorization. They added services, but did not put me under a
contract. At that time, I was able to reverse the added services.

So what can I do now?

Below is a copy/paste of the email I received today.� There is no
personal information.

Begin received email from Xfinity:
***********************************

Your updated service order is confirmed.

Hi xxxxx, check out a summary of your order below or online anytime at My
Account.

Go to My Account��

You'll need your Xfinity ID to sign in.
Don't have one yet? Set one up now.

As part of our commitment to deliver the best experience possible, if you
see something isn?t quite right with your order, please contact us and we
will address it right away.

Here is a summary of your updated services

Monthly Charges

Your Xfinity Plan

ULTIMATE DOUBLE PLAY
TV Kids & Family
Internet XI Superfast - 5.0
$110.00 / mo
The offer is subject to the terms of your 12-month term contract.
$110 Early Termination Fee applies.
ULTIMATE DOUBLE PLAY INCLUDES ULTIMATE TV, DVR SERVICE AND SUPERFAST
INTERNET.

X1 PREFERRED Cancelled
��
Equipment & Services
X1 Platform $0.00 / mo
��
X1 PREFERRED DOUBLE PLAY INCLUDES DIGITAL PREFERRED, EPIX, STREAMPIX, HD
TECHNOLOGY FEE AND PERFORMANCE PRO INTERNET. Cancelled

Service to Additional TV with TV Box $7.50 / mo
��
Service to Additional TV with TV Box $7.50 / mo

Service to Additional TV with TV Box $7.50 / mo

Service to Additional TV with TV Adapter $7.50 / mo

Service to Additional TV with TV Box $7.50 / mo

Service with TV Box $7.50 / mo

TV Box Cancelled

Performance Pro Internet Cancelled

xFi Complete $10.00 / mo
$10.00/mo for 24 months, then regular rates apply

Internet/Voice Equipment Rental Cancelled
��
Additional Xfinity Monthly Charges

Broadcast TV Fee $20.25 / mo

Regional Sports Fee $13.80 / mo

Taxes, Surcharges & Fees

Estimated Taxes, and Government & Other Fees $13.45 / mo

Next Bill�

Estimated Monthly Bill $212.50 / mo

(Includes new and continued services. Excludes one-time charges.)

Go to xfinity.com/myplan for a view of your new and continued monthly
services.

Important information about your offer

Your statement is prepared one month in advance. Your next two bills may
be different because of partial month charges or credits and any one-time
charges.

Xfinity services, including Xfinity TV content and programming, regular
rates, equipment charges, taxes, fees, and other charges, including
Broadcast TV Fee and Regional Sports Fee, are subject to change at any
time, with or without notice, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Information on programmer contract expirations, which could affect our
carriage of the programmer�s channels, can be found at
https://my.xfinity.com/contractrenewals/.

An�Early Termination Fee�of $110.00 will apply if you disconnect your
XFINITY TV, Internet, Voice, and Home services during the term of the
contract. The Early Termination Fee will NOT apply if you cancel within
30 days of installation and it will decrease every month.

Customer Agreements, Policies & Service Disclosures
To view your user-level agreements, visit the Legal Agreements page in
the Settings section of My Account.

Your term contract is attached to this email and will be available in My
Account after your service installation.

Your Xfinity services are provided to you on the terms and conditions set
forth in the Comcast Agreement for Residential Services and pursuant to
the Comcast Customer Privacy Notice. Should you have any questions,
please contact us. We will review and promptly respond to all questions.

Re: Xfinity Changes My Plan Without My Authorization

<stvjl2$ps9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=286&group=alt.online-service.comcast#286

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 05:32:18 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 9 Feb 2022 05:32 UTC

Boris <Boris@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>Xfinity automatically updated my plan and put me on a contract, to my
>surprise. I had nothing to do with it. They sent me an email confirming
>my 'new' plan. . . .

That's outrageous. My advice is the same: Call your village hall and ask
for the cable liason. That person will be in touch with a higher-level
customer service representative. Ask for a whopping big discount since
what they did was so very illegal.

When Comcast screws up bad, use that fact to improve your negotiating
position.

Re: Xfinity Changes My Plan Without My Authorization

<su0h39$eo2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=287&group=alt.online-service.comcast#287

From: HapilyRe...@fakeaddress.com (Retirednoguilt)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 08:54:46 -0500
 by: Retirednoguilt - Wed, 9 Feb 2022 13:54 UTC

On 2/8/2022 8:03 PM, Boris wrote:
> [...]
> https://my.xfinity.com/contractrenewals/.
>
> An Early Termination Fee of $110.00 will apply if you disconnect your
> XFINITY TV, Internet, Voice, and Home services during the term of the
> contract. The Early Termination Fee will NOT apply if you cancel within
> 30 days of installation and it will decrease every month.
>
> Customer Agreements, Policies & Service Disclosures
> To view your user-level agreements, visit the Legal Agreements page in
> the Settings section of My Account.
>
> Your term contract is attached to this email and will be available in My
> Account after your service installation.
>
> Your Xfinity services are provided to you on the terms and conditions set
> forth in the Comcast Agreement for Residential Services and pursuant to
> the Comcast Customer Privacy Notice. Should you have any questions,
> please contact us. We will review and promptly respond to all questions.

Do you have anyone with a serious grudge against you who is likely to
know your xfinity user name and password? A recent ex? Employee? A
close relative or someone you thought was a friend who stayed with you?
Any other evidence of possible identity theft (mysterious debit/charge
card charges, etc.)? At the very least, even before you get this issue
resolved, change your xfinity account password now. I found in the past
that when dealing with front-line people who claim inability to help,
the magic word is "escalate". Tell them that you want this problem
"escalated". If that person doesn't resolve your problem, as them as
well to "escalate" your issue to their supervisor. If all that fails,
contact your State office or department that regulates ISPs and ask for
their assistance. Good luck!

Re: Xfinity Changes My Plan Without My Authorization

<XnsAE39CAE07E5ADBorisinvalidinvalid@144.76.35.252>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=288&group=alt.online-service.comcast#288

From: Bor...@invalid.invalid (Boris)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 03:56:37 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Boris - Thu, 10 Feb 2022 03:56 UTC

"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote in

> Boris <Boris@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>>Xfinity automatically updated my plan and put me on a contract, to my
>>surprise. I had nothing to do with it. They sent me an email
>>confirming my 'new' plan. . . .
>
> That's outrageous. My advice is the same: Call your village hall and
> ask for the cable liason. That person will be in touch with a
> higher-level customer service representative. Ask for a whopping big
> discount since what they did was so very illegal.
>
> When Comcast screws up bad, use that fact to improve your negotiating
> position.

Hi, Adam,

Yeah, I have no idea how this happened, but no matter how, it must be
fixed. Don't know if you've ever dealt with forums.xfinity.com. It's
moderated by Xfinity employees. I have on occasion, and sometimes I've
had good results. If one posts a request for help, and if the issue
requires technical/administrative help, usually, an Xfinity employee
replies to the public post and asks to 'take it of public' and send a
direct, private message sent to that Xfinity employee.

I've done that in this case. And Xfinity's reply is "we can look into
changing the services back to a package without a term agreement", but
they are also trying to upsell me. They want to know if I'm happy with
my cable TV and internet. They say they have promotions going on now.
<g>. I've said nope, not interested, just put me back to where I was.
The ball is in their court.

If they can't, or won't fix this, I will get my city franchise involved.
I did this a few years ago when an X1 install went bad, and when two,
different techs couldn't fix it, and told me my problems with the X1
were common. I eventually got the outside lineman, and the inside
wiring manager to come in together, and they fixed the problem. They
were very nice and capable.

Re: Xfinity Changes My Plan Without My Authorization

<XnsAE41864093E00nospamnospaminvalid@144.76.35.252>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=289&group=alt.online-service.comcast#289

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (Boris)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 21:12:02 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Boris - Thu, 17 Feb 2022 21:12 UTC

Boris <Boris@invalid.invalid> wrote in

> [...]
> at https://my.xfinity.com/contractrenewals/.
>
> An�Early Termination Fee�of $110.00 will apply if you disconnect your
> XFINITY TV, Internet, Voice, and Home services during the term of the
> contract. The Early Termination Fee will NOT apply if you cancel
> within 30 days of installation and it will decrease every month.
>
> Customer Agreements, Policies & Service Disclosures
> To view your user-level agreements, visit the Legal Agreements page in
> the Settings section of My Account.
>
> Your term contract is attached to this email and will be available in
> My Account after your service installation.
>
> Your Xfinity services are provided to you on the terms and conditions
> set forth in the Comcast Agreement for Residential Services and
> pursuant to the Comcast Customer Privacy Notice. Should you have any
> questions, please contact us. We will review and promptly respond to

Didnt' have to go round the horn to get this settled. Didn't want to
have to get the city franchise involved unless necessary. Easiest way was
to go on forum, be nice, and let an Xfinity employee take up my cause
privately, and get back to me. That's what happened. I got a no-
contract plan with the same TV, and bumped my internet speed up to 600
Mbps, from 175 Mbps. Cost was $6.00 less.

Maybe this was a non-contract promotional plan offerred to new
subscribers, so it was easy to give to me.

Re: Xfinity Changes My Plan Without My Authorization

<170220221645596164%roy@roy.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=290&group=alt.online-service.comcast#290

From: roy...@roy.com (Bizarro Roy)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 16:45:59 -0500
 by: Bizarro Roy - Thu, 17 Feb 2022 21:45 UTC

In article <XnsAE41864093E00nospamnospaminvalid@144.76.35.252>, Boris
<nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:

> Easiest way was to go on forum, be nice

Good for you. Being nice to the reps does more to get your stuff
settled than anything else.