From: jou...@hrem.nano.tudelft.nl (Jouk Jansen)
Newsgroups: comp.os.vms
Subject: Re: X86 Open Source
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2023 10:27:07 +0200 (CEST)
To: info-vax@rbnsn.com
running on the system "kishost2.serverpowered.net",
has NOT identified this incoming email as spam. The original
message has been attached to this so you can view it or label
similar future email. If you have any questions, see
root\@localhost for details.
Content preview: info-vax@rbnsn.com wrote on 11-JUN-2023 16:46:17.64 >Has
anybody
a list of what open source stuff is working on X86? I have a list of all
opensource software I ported/am running on my OpenVMS systems:
http://nchrem.tnw.tudelft.nl/openvms/software2.html
For all packages it is indicated if I'm running it on VAX, AXP, [...]
Content analysis details: (3.8 points, 5.0 required)
pts rule name description
3.0 BAYES_50 BODY: Bayes spam probability is 40 to 60%
[score: 0.5002]
-0.0 SPF_PASS SPF: sender matches SPF record
0.0 KAM_DMARC_STATUS Test Rule for DKIM or SPF Failure with Strict
Alignment
0.8 KAM_ASCII_DIVIDERS Spam that uses ascii formatting tricks
-0.0 T_SCC_BODY_TEXT_LINE No description available.
 by: Jouk Jansen - Tue, 13 Jun 2023 08:27 UTC

info-vax@rbnsn.com wrote on 11-JUN-2023 16:46:17.64

>Has anybody a list of what open source stuff is working on X86?

I have a list of all opensource software I ported/am running on my OpenVMS
systems:
http://nchrem.tnw.tudelft.nl/openvms/software2.html
For all packages it is indicated if I'm running it on VAX, AXP, IA64 and/or
X86. I'm still working on getting more packages available for X86

Present ly I'm working on
lapack : probably straight forward and patches will be published soon.
wxWidgets : I have a lot of problems with this one
I changed the obvious in the setup (long, size_t are 64 bit)
the default for CXX now seems to be 64 bit pointers, but that
gives problem with the gtk-library and X-libraries which are
32-bit. Setting the /point=32 gives a lot of abiguous
overloads. After solving those the program crashes because of
some pointers seem to be changed (I have not found out yet
where). Presently I have no idea how to proceed:
-use 64-bit pointers and a lot of pragma's for 32-bit
pointers when calling gtk/X11
-use 32-bit pointers and try to debug.

Jouk

Pax, vel iniusta, utilior est quam iustissimum bellum.
(free after Marcus Tullius Cicero (106 b.Chr.-46 b.Chr.)
Epistularum ad Atticum 7.1.4.3)

Touch not the cat bot a glove

>------------------------------------------------------------------------------<

Jouk Jansen

joukj@hrem.nano.tudelft.nl

Technische Universiteit Delft tttttttttt uu uu ddddddd
Kavli Institute of Nanoscience tttttttttt uu uu dd dd
Nationaal centrum voor HREM tt uu uu dd dd
Lorentzweg 1 tt uu uu dd dd
2628 CJ Delft tt uu uu dd dd
Nederland tt uu uu dd dd
tel. +31-15-2782272 tt uuuuuuu ddddddd

computers / comp.os.vms / Re: X86 Open Source