From: mon...@roscom.com (Monty Solomon)
Newsgroups: comp.dcom.telecom
Subject: Chrome Users Beware: Manifest V3 is Deceitful and Threatening [telecom]
Date: 23 Dec 2021 13:08:43 -0500
Sender: news@iecc.com
 by: Monty Solomon - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 18:08 UTC

Chrome Users Beware: Manifest V3 is Deceitful and Threatening

Manifest V3, Google Chrome's soon-to-be definitive basket of changes
to the world of web browser extensions, has been framed by its authors
as "a step in the direction of privacy, security, and performance."
But we think these changes are a raw deal for users. We've said that
since Manifest V3 was announced, and continue to say so as its
implementation is now imminent. Like FLoC and Privacy Sandbox before
it, Manifest V3 is another example of the inherent conflict of
interest that comes from Google controlling both the dominant web
browser and one of the largest internet advertising networks.

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2021/12/chrome-users-beware-manifest-v3-deceitful-and-threatening