From: ithink...@gmail.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Lock screen time always wrong
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 11:52:53 +0000
 by: Chris - Tue, 8 Mar 2022 11:52 UTC

Sorry if this is a bit vague, but this is all the info I've got.

A family friend who's not very tech savvy got a new android phone during
the pandemic (pretty sure it's a Motorola) and after a few false starts
is working as they want. Except for the time. It is always wrong/slow on
the lock screen. Once the phone has been unlocked the time is then
corrected, but after a period of non-use it drifts.

The phone is used at least daily and kept charged.

Has anyone seen this before and is there a fix? I don't know what
version of android it is.

Re: Lock screen time always wrong

<t07tpk$1ija$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=28919&group=comp.mobile.android#28919

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Lock screen time always wrong
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 15:46:58 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Tue, 8 Mar 2022 15:46 UTC

Chris wrote:

> Has anyone seen this before and is there a fix?

With the caveat that I have no experience with how the time can be wrong or
how it's even set on Android (mine is at the default, whatever that is), I
googled and found this as the first hit which may help Carlos.

"If your device is showing the incorrect time, here are a few tips
on how to fix the time on your Android 11 or Android 12 phone"
<https://www.androidcentral.com/why-wont-my-phone-keep-right-time>

But that doesn't discuss the _specific_ problem of two different times at
the same time that Carlos is intimating is the case on his friend's phone.

This second hit still doesn't cover the split personality Carlos refers to.
*How to fix the clock when it keeps losing time?*
<http://androidqueries.com/how-fix-clock-when-keeps-losing-time-20898.html>

Honing the search to help our friend Carlos out, I see there are lockscreen
"widgets" that can set the time differently, although usually via TZones.
*How can I add two different clocks to an Android home screen?*
<https://www.quora.com/How-can-I-add-two-different-clocks-to-an-Android-home-screen>

This is a bit more focused on the lock screen, but it's still time zones.
*Why am I getting two times displayed on my lock screen?*
<https://androidforums.com/threads/why-am-i-getting-two-times-displayed-on-my-lock-screen.1148917/>

This is more like Carlos' problem with the schizophrenic time, but for date.
*Wrong Date on home screen, right date elsewhere*
<https://www.nextpit.com/forum/781896/wrong-date-on-home-screen>

That implies the homescreen has settings in and of itself, for timedate.

May I ask Carlos what launcher his friend is employing?
And does _that_ launcher have its own timedate settings?
--
Working together with intelligent people, we can solve most problem sets.