From: Joh...@auorfa.inv (John)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Forte Agent and Astraweb
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2021 21:38:15 +0200
 by: John - Wed, 29 Sep 2021 19:38 UTC

I have been using Forte Agent with Astraweb on Windows 10 for some
time without problem. However, since renewing my Astraweb subscription
I find that I can not post to Usenet: "Server astraweb does not allow
posting." They are not responding to email or website support.

Their server options are:

IPv6 Server Address SSL-Secured Ports
news6.astraweb.com 443
eu6.astraweb.com (EU) 563
us6.astraweb.com (US)

Standard Server Address NNTP Ports
news.astraweb.com 23
eu.astraweb.com (EU) 1818
us.astraweb.com (US) 8080

I have tried all combinations. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Agent
v.6. My News Access Plan is correctly configured to allow posting via
Astraweb. Assuming that they have not simply stopped allowing all
posting, can anyone suggest the cause of this?

Re: Forte Agent and Astraweb

<7pk9lg9e57d1hjm6admhfmonopvj9bm0a1@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2939&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#2939

From: tha...@surfing.com
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Re: Forte Agent and Astraweb
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2021 15:58:08 -0500
 by: tha...@surfing.com - Wed, 29 Sep 2021 20:58 UTC

On Wed, 29 Sep 2021 21:38:15 +0200, John <John@auorfa.inv> wrote:

>I have been using Forte Agent with Astraweb on Windows 10 for some
>time without problem. However, since renewing my Astraweb subscription
>I find that I can not post to Usenet: "Server astraweb does not allow
>posting." They are not responding to email or website support.

This was posted with Astraweb. I've used it every day for years.
You have a setting screwed up somewhere.

Re: Forte Agent and Astraweb

<l0p9lghdfcf99fj48njs8tqufdundij8ku@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2940&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#2940

From: art...@munged.invalid (Arthur T.)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2021 18:14:23 -0400
 by: Arthur T. - Wed, 29 Sep 2021 22:14 UTC

In Message-ID:<4kf9lg1v1o2fg3ial1drn1ua407dg0f6iu@4ax.com>,
John <John@auorfa.inv> wrote:

>I have been using Forte Agent with Astraweb on Windows 10 for some
>time without problem. However, since renewing my Astraweb subscription
>I find that I can not post to Usenet: "Server astraweb does not allow
>posting." They are not responding to email or website support.
<snip>
>I have tried all combinations. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Agent
>v.6. My News Access Plan is correctly configured to allow posting via
>Astraweb. Assuming that they have not simply stopped allowing all
>posting, can anyone suggest the cause of this?

I can, obviously, post via Astraweb. I'm on Win10, though I have a
much older version of Agent. My NNTP options are different from
yours, though. If you'll ask again *without x-no-archive=yes*, I'll
post them.

I don't like answering XNA questions. If you're asking in public, you
should let your question and answer be searchable for the next person
with your problem.

--
Arthur T. - ar23hur "at" pobox "dot" com

Re: Forte Agent and Astraweb

<7jq9lghhdfaghobrguee5qstn3ld2sc7i1@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2942&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#2942

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2021 18:36:59 -0400
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Wed, 29 Sep 2021 22:36 UTC

On Wed, 29 Sep 2021 21:38:15 +0200, John <John@auorfa.inv> wrote:

>I have been using Forte Agent with Astraweb on Windows 10 for some
>time without problem. However, since renewing my Astraweb subscription
>I find that I can not post to Usenet: "Server astraweb does not allow
>posting." They are not responding to email or website support.
>
>Their server options are:
>
> IPv6 Server Address SSL-Secured Ports
> news6.astraweb.com 443
> eu6.astraweb.com (EU) 563
> us6.astraweb.com (US)
>
> Standard Server Address NNTP Ports
> news.astraweb.com 23
> eu.astraweb.com (EU) 1818
> us.astraweb.com (US) 8080
>
>I have tried all combinations. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Agent
>v.6. My News Access Plan is correctly configured to allow posting via
>Astraweb. Assuming that they have not simply stopped allowing all
>posting, can anyone suggest the cause of this?

Make sure something didn't change in your credentials.

Re: Forte Agent and Astraweb

<sj57bo$cpv$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2943&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#2943

From: sam...@samt.invalid (Sam)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2021 13:40:15 -0700
 by: Sam - Thu, 30 Sep 2021 20:40 UTC

On Wed, 29 Sep 2021 21:38:15 +0200, John <John@auorfa.inv> wrote:

>I have been using Forte Agent with Astraweb on Windows 10 for some
>time without problem. However, since renewing my Astraweb subscription
>I find that I can not post to Usenet: "Server astraweb does not allow
>posting." They are not responding to email or website support.

It is possible that Astraweb canceled your posting privileges.

For text posting you can use eternal-september.org. For binary posting
you can subscribe to a new nntp provider. If you are posting forbidden
articles or binaries your new provider may suspend your posting
privileges also.

--

)" .
/ \ (\-./
| | .-" y)-
| |/ _/ \
\ /j _".\(@)
\ ( | `.'' )
\ _`- | /
" `-._ <_ (
`-.,),)

Re: Forte Agent and Astraweb

<sj6grm$1p0u$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2944&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#2944

From: Joh...@auorfa.inv (John)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2021 10:28:26 +0200
 by: John - Fri, 1 Oct 2021 08:28 UTC

Sam <samt@samt.invalid> wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Sep 2021 John <John@auorfa.inv> wrote:

>> I have been using Forte Agent with Astraweb on Windows 10 for some
>> time without problem. However, since renewing my Astraweb subscription
>> I find that I can not post to Usenet: "Server astraweb does not allow
>> posting." They are not responding to email or website support.

> It is possible that Astraweb canceled your posting privileges.

If so they should have told me. I suspect that because I didn't just
extend my existing subscription, but started anew, something in their
automatic processing has gone awry.

There seems to be no human in their administration; my emails and
web support request have gone unanswered. This is disappointing as
until this renewal I had been very satisfied with their service.

> For text posting you can use eternal-september.org.

Yes, or this one.

> For binary posting you can subscribe to a new nntp provider.

I'm reluctant to fork out for another provider having just given Astraweb
$50. I can download messages as usual.

> If you are posting forbidden articles or binaries your new provider may
> suspend your posting privileges also.

I post very little, and certainly nothing objectionable.