From: Gral...@grelberville.org (Grelbar)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Agent 8. refuses to download
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2021 19:12:05 -0400
 by: Grelbar - Sat, 9 Oct 2021 23:12 UTC

this is a strange one to me.
mark a multi part message to download (all the parts are "available")
I press the download Arrow and the status line at the bottom restates
the last thing it did (Retrieved x bodies from <some group> xx
complete, 0 unavailable, 0 cancelled.)
I an d/l if I right click on the part in the message field -which
takes ages- but I cannot get Agent to d/l the message as it sits
Thoughts?

Re: Agent 8. refuses to download

<7vm7mghf6bfi6p5qupq5erhcj5v0d4cpnv@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2949&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#2949

From: -rf-...@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Re: Agent 8. refuses to download
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 20:11:21 +1300
 by: Ralph Fox - Mon, 11 Oct 2021 07:11 UTC

On Sat, 09 Oct 2021 19:12:05 -0400, Grelbar wrote:

> this is a strange one to me.
> mark a multi part message to download (all the parts are "available")
> I press the download Arrow and the status line at the bottom restates
> the last thing it did (Retrieved x bodies from <some group> xx
> complete, 0 unavailable, 0 cancelled.)
> I an d/l if I right click on the part in the message field -which
> takes ages- but I cannot get Agent to d/l the message as it sits
> Thoughts?

The first question is, is that message a MegaJoin, or is that a join but not a MegaJoin?

* Example: a MegaJoin ------> <http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=24_this_is_a_megajoin.png>
* Example: not a MegaJoin --> <http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=24_this_is_not_a_megajoin.png>

If it is a MegaJoin, then...
(a) Downloading will not show message text and/or attachment icons in the body pane;
(b) Downloading will save files directly to your hard drive.

If you want to download message text and attachment icons into the body pane, then

1. You can turn off MegaJoining when getting new headers:

Folder >> Default Properties >> Receiving Messages >> Usenet Archives
[ ] MegaJoin archives when retrieving headers

2. You can turn off MegaJoining when importing new NZB files:

Folder >> Default Properties >> Receiving Messages >> Importing NZB Files
[ ] MegaJoin archives

3. For existing headers which have already been MegaJoined, you can change
them from MegaJoined to Joined by using "Message >> Split Sections" once
and once only.
For headers imported from NZB file, be warned this can mess up the subject.
Headers downloaded from the news server are not messed up.

--
Kind regards
Ralph

Hwilum æfter medo menn mæst geþyrsteð

Re: Agent 8. refuses to download

<r1jbmgtlg06f79vhg5qd5fr6bpukd5deje@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2950&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#2950

From: Gral...@grelberville.org (Grelbar)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2021 13:57:42 -0400
 by: Grelbar - Tue, 12 Oct 2021 17:57 UTC

On Mon, 11 Oct 2021 20:11:21 +1300, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid>
wrote:

>On Sat, 09 Oct 2021 19:12:05 -0400, Grelbar wrote:
>
>> this is a strange one to me.
>> mark a multi part message to download (all the parts are "available")
>> I press the download Arrow and the status line at the bottom restates
>> the last thing it did (Retrieved x bodies from <some group> xx
>> complete, 0 unavailable, 0 cancelled.)
>> I an d/l if I right click on the part in the message field -which
>> takes ages- but I cannot get Agent to d/l the message as it sits
>> Thoughts?
>

>The first question is, is that message a MegaJoin, or is that a join but not a MegaJoin?
>
> * Example: a MegaJoin ------> <http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=24_this_is_a_megajoin.png>
> * Example: not a MegaJoin --> <http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=24_this_is_not_a_megajoin.png>
>

>If it is a MegaJoin, then...
> (a) Downloading will not show message text and/or attachment icons in the body pane;
> (b) Downloading will save files directly to your hard drive.
>

>If you want to download message text and attachment icons into the body pane, then
>
> 1. You can turn off MegaJoining when getting new headers:
>
> Folder >> Default Properties >> Receiving Messages >> Usenet Archives
> [ ] MegaJoin archives when retrieving headers
>
> 2. You can turn off MegaJoining when importing new NZB files:
>
> Folder >> Default Properties >> Receiving Messages >> Importing NZB Files
> [ ] MegaJoin archives
>
> 3. For existing headers which have already been MegaJoined, you can change
> them from MegaJoined to Joined by using "Message >> Split Sections" once
> and once only.
> For headers imported from NZB file, be warned this can mess up the subject.
> Headers downloaded from the news server are not messed up.
That was it.. I simply "split Sections" and it works like a charm

Thank you so much.. It was making me nutz

Re: Agent 8. refuses to download

<1j1dmgdkesdko0agq6dbncampnmjepvu4i@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2951&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#2951

From: -rf-...@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 20:10:47 +1300
 by: Ralph Fox - Wed, 13 Oct 2021 07:10 UTC

On Tue, 12 Oct 2021 13:57:42 -0400, Grelbar wrote:

> That was it.. I simply "split Sections" and it works like a charm

Good to hear.

> Thank you so much.. It was making me nutz

You're welcome.