A feature is nothing more than a bug with seniority. -- Unknown source

computers / comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows / Re: Eudora "upgrade package"

SubjectAuthor
* Eudora "upgrade package"Piet
+* Re: Eudora "upgrade package"Jim H
|`* Re: Eudora "upgrade package"Piet
| `* Re: Eudora "upgrade package"Piet
|  `* Re: Eudora "upgrade package"micky
|   `* Re: Eudora "upgrade package"Piet
|    `- Re: Eudora "upgrade package"DaveH2
`- Re: Eudora "upgrade package"Nick Werner-Matavka

1
Eudora "upgrade package"

<sm3h1g$1u42$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=262&group=comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows#262

From: www.godf...@opt-in.invalid (Piet)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Subject: Eudora "upgrade package"
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2021 16:02:10 +0100
 by: Piet - Fri, 5 Nov 2021 15:02 UTC

It's quite some time ago that an "upgrade package" was announced
here, containing some parts of Pandora, that you could install in
your Eudora program directory to make it work with new SSL versions.
The package contained files libeay32.dll, OCSSL.dll, and other.
That "others" in particular included rootcerts.p7b
However, I didn't save the url where to download them from, and now
in particular I'm looking for a recent version of rootcerts.p7b,
with the recent changes for Let's Encrypt.
Anyone know where I can obtain an up-to-date rootcerts.p7b?

-p

Re: Eudora "upgrade package"

<41kaog1kao7tk778mdap2m3jtv3vnfgr1v@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=264&group=comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows#264

From: inva...@invalid.invalid (Jim H)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Subject: Re: Eudora "upgrade package"
Sender: Jim Higgins <invalid@invalid.invalid>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2021 15:39:43 +0000
 by: Jim H - Fri, 5 Nov 2021 15:39 UTC

https://sourceforge.net/projects/hermesmail/files/HermSSL.zip/download
--
Jim H

Re: Eudora "upgrade package"

<sm3leo$a18$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=265&group=comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows#265

From: www.godf...@opt-in.invalid (Piet)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2021 17:17:28 +0100
 by: Piet - Fri, 5 Nov 2021 16:17 UTC

Jim H wrote:
> Piet wrote:
>> It's quite some time ago that an "upgrade package" was announced
>> here, containing some parts of Pandora, that you could install in
>> your Eudora program directory to make it work with new SSL versions.
>> The package contained files libeay32.dll, OCSSL.dll, and other.
>> That "others" in particular included rootcerts.p7b
>> However, I didn't save the url where to download them from, and now
>> in particular I'm looking for a recent version of rootcerts.p7b,
>> with the recent changes for Let's Encrypt.
>> Anyone know where I can obtain an up-to-date rootcerts.p7b?
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/hermesmail/files/HermSSL.zip/download

Yeah, that's what I was looking for; rootcerts.p7b indeed is very recent.
Thanks a zillion. Plus or minus one maybe. :-) I'll save the url now.
I now also realize that I should have said Hermes, not Pandora. Oh well.

-p

Re: Eudora "upgrade package"

<sm3n4v$17jh$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=266&group=comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows#266

From: www.godf...@opt-in.invalid (Piet)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2021 17:46:23 +0100
 by: Piet - Fri, 5 Nov 2021 16:46 UTC

Piet wrote:
> Jim H wrote:
>> https://sourceforge.net/projects/hermesmail/files/HermSSL.zip/download
>
> Yeah, that's what I was looking for; rootcerts.p7b indeed is very recent.

Correction: rootcerts.p7b is still the old one from 7-9-2018. :-(
So still looking for a really recent one.

-p

Re: Eudora "upgrade package"

<psl3pgl0a1gemgf3ntlc5ib0p6cr24d9nu@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=296&group=comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows#296

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2021 22:44:44 -0500
 by: micky - Mon, 15 Nov 2021 03:44 UTC

In comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows, on Fri, 5 Nov 2021 17:46:23 +0100, Piet
<www.godfatherof.nl/@opt-in.invalid> wrote:

>Piet wrote:
>> Jim H wrote:
>>> https://sourceforge.net/projects/hermesmail/files/HermSSL.zip/download
>>
>> Yeah, that's what I was looking for; rootcerts.p7b indeed is very recent.
>
>Correction: rootcerts.p7b is still the old one from 7-9-2018. :-(
>So still looking for a really recent one.
>
>-p

Is it for sure there is a really recent one?

Re: Eudora "upgrade package"

<smtccc$or4$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=297&group=comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows#297

From: www.godf...@opt-in.invalid (Piet)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 11:22:05 +0100
 by: Piet - Mon, 15 Nov 2021 10:22 UTC

micky wrote:
> Piet wrote:
>> Piet wrote:
>>>
>>> Yeah, that's what I was looking for; rootcerts.p7b indeed is very recent.
>>
>> Correction: rootcerts.p7b is still the old one from 7-9-2018. :-(
>> So still looking for a really recent one.
>
> Is it for sure there is a really recent one?

Wish there were. Sofar I've found several sites [with instructions how]
to convert between various formats, like this one:
https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-converter.html
But I still don't know how to slice the converted current rootcerts.p7b,
insert the new Let's Encrypt chain into it, and make an updated file for
use in Eudora.

-p

Re: Eudora "upgrade package"

<80f046d9-8729-4f8c-a314-04bd4b389283n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=299&group=comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows#299

Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 04:11:39 -0800 (PST)
From: dav...@sky.com (DaveH2)
 by: DaveH2 - Mon, 15 Nov 2021 12:11 UTC

On Monday, 15 November 2021 at 10:22:05 UTC, Piet wrote:
> micky wrote:
> > Piet wrote:

> >> Correction: rootcerts.p7b is still the old one from 7-9-2018. :-(
> >> So still looking for a really recent one.
> >
> > Is it for sure there is a really recent one?
> Wish there were. Sofar I've found several sites [with instructions how]
> to convert between various formats, like this one:
> https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-converter.html
> But I still don't know how to slice the converted current rootcerts.p7b,
> insert the new Let's Encrypt chain into it, and make an updated file for
> use in Eudora.
>
> -p
What problem are you having?
I'm still using the Hermes rootcerts.p7b from 2018 and everything is still working fine.

Re: Eudora "upgrade package"

<ed3bdb57-b5c9-4857-b708-84d166470043n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=454&group=comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows#454

Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2022 01:19:47 -0700 (PDT)
From: n.theodo...@gmail.com (Nick Werner-Matavka)
 by: Nick Werner-Matavka - Sun, 19 Jun 2022 08:19 UTC

On Friday, 5 November 2021 at 11:02:12 UTC-4, Piet wrote:
> It's quite some time ago that an "upgrade package" was announced
> here, containing some parts of Pandora, that you could install in
> your Eudora program directory to make it work with new SSL versions.
> The package contained files libeay32.dll, OCSSL.dll, and other.
> That "others" in particular included rootcerts.p7b
> However, I didn't save the url where to download them from, and now
> in particular I'm looking for a recent version of rootcerts.p7b,
> with the recent changes for Let's Encrypt.
> Anyone know where I can obtain an up-to-date rootcerts.p7b?
>
> -p

That was our first product, the HERMES Bridge for OpenSSL. We wanted to help legacy Eudora customers continue using their old software until we had a fully-fledged replacement ready for them. We now have a genuine continuation of Eudora, renamed HERMES Mail, that will contain not only this fix, but hundreds of others, and run on a modern platform. It will drop on 1 August of this year, FIRM. Back it here: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/hermes-mail-8-0-the-final-stretch#/

As our thanks for backing us, you will be among the first to receive the full software: no ads, no crippleware, just QUALCOMM quality brought up to the modern age by us.