"Can you program?" "Well, I'm literate, if that's what you mean!"

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: I love these huge 5 amp hour batteries that come in most phones nowadays.

SubjectAuthor
* I love these huge 5 amp hour batteries that come in most phones nowadays.Andy Burnelli
`* Re: I love these huge 5 amp hour batteries that come in most phonesAlan
 `* Re: I love these huge 5 amp hour batteries that come in most phones nowadays.Your Name
  +* Re: I love these huge 5 amp hour batteries that come in most phones nowadays.Andy Burnelli
  |`- Re: I love these huge 5 amp hour batteries that come in most phonesAlan
  `* Re: I love these huge 5 amp hour batteries that come in most phonesAndy Burns
   `* Re: I love these huge 5 amp hour batteries that come in most phones nowadays.Andy Burnelli
    +- Re: I love these huge 5 amp hour batteries that come in most phonesAlan
    `* Re: I love these huge 5 amp hour batteries that come in most phones nowadays.Andy Burnelli
     `- Re: I love these huge 5 amp hour batteries that come in most phonesAlan

1
I love these huge 5 amp hour batteries that come in most phones nowadays.

<t1dnel$514$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=29523&group=comp.mobile.android#29523

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: I love these huge 5 amp hour batteries that come in most phones nowadays.
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 23:51:55 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Tue, 22 Mar 2022 23:51 UTC

I love these huge 5 amp hour batteries that come in most phones nowadays.
<https://i.postimg.cc/Hs8srGDF/charging10.jpg> 4 hour full charge

I left video running all night with the phone unplugged (as I don't need to
charge the phone on any schedule nowadays that the fast chargers exist, so I
don't have a nightly charging schedule like primitive phones require).

At 4am the 5Amp-hour free 64GB Samsung Galaxy A32-5G was down to almost 0%
when I put the cable into a regular normal 5V@2.4A multi-output non-Samsung
regular normal (not fast) charger I keep by the bedside for such things.

By 8am it was back at 100% (using that non-fast relatively slow charger).

Now I need to run an experiment with the free Samsung fast charger that came
with the free phone, which is 9.0VDC@1.67A & 5.0VDC@2.0A.

BTW, that big yellow lightning bolt is a "redundancy" for my old eyes to be
able to tell _instantly_ when the charger is working and when it's not.

In addition it speaks to me telling me the charge level, where I used a free
app to create any text-to-speech notification I want the phone to announce.
*Tell Me - Text To Speech* by Simply Complex Apps (free, ad free, gsf free)
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.simplycomplexapps.ASTellme>

You type something like "USB power cable connected" and that app saves the
spoken sentence _directly_ to a WAV file for use as the notification sound.

I love these huge 5 amp hour batteries that come in most phones nowadays.
--
<https://i.postimg.cc/qvHYTf3L/charging01.jpg>
<https://i.postimg.cc/cL7z1D7N/charging02.jpg>
<https://i.postimg.cc/Hs8srGDF/charging10.jpg>

Re: I love these huge 5 amp hour batteries that come in most phones nowadays.

<t1dqo1$2jb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=29524&group=comp.mobile.android#29524

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: I love these huge 5 amp hour batteries that come in most phones
nowadays.
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 17:48:00 -0700
 by: Alan - Wed, 23 Mar 2022 00:48 UTC

On 2022-03-22 4:51 p.m., Andy Burnelli wrote:
> I love these huge 5 amp hour batteries that come in most phones nowadays.
> <https://i.postimg.cc/Hs8srGDF/charging10.jpg> 4 hour full charge

First of all, 5 amp-hour batteries don't come in anywhere NEAR "most
phones". GSMArena lists 2,448 phones as currently available and only 609
come with batteries of 5 amp-hours or larger (and do you notice that
adults know how to properly write "amp-hour"?).

But much more importantly, what adults love is whichever phone lasts
longer...

....which depends on more than just the battery capacity.

5 amp-hours is a spec...

....but it isn't actually what the user cares about.

'Best phone battery life at a glance (hours:minutes)

1. Moto G Power (2021): 14:04
2. Nubia RedMagic 6: 13:20
3. Moto G Power (2022): 13: 15
4. Nubia RedMagic 6S Pro: 13:13
5. Kyocera DuraForce Ultra 5G UW: 12:29
6. Asus ROG Phone 5: 12:23
7. Samsung Galaxy A52 5G: 12:19
8. iPhone 13 Pro Max: 12:16 (tie)
9. Cat S62 Pro: 12:16 (tie)
10. Motorola One 5G Ace: 12:03
11. Moto G Pure: 11:52
12. OnePlus Nord N10 5G: 11:48
13. iPhone 13 Pro: 11:42'
<https://www.tomsguide.com/us/smartphones-best-battery-life,review-2857.html>

'So without further ado, let's take a look at the phones with the best
battery life in 2022!

High-end phones with best battery life:

Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max – 4352 mAh battery, power-efficient processor,
nearly 19 hours of web browsing

Galaxy S20+, S20 FE – 4500 mAh battery, 12+ hours of web browsing

OnePlus 8 – 4300 mAh battery, 12+ hours of web browsing

Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro – 4500 mAh battery, 14+ hours of web browsing

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra – 5000 mAh battery, 16+ hours of web browsing'
<https://www.phonearena.com/news/Best-battery-life-phones_id102507>

Re: I love these huge 5 amp hour batteries that come in most phones nowadays.

<t1dvmm$k2g$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=29525&group=comp.mobile.android#29525

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 15:12:38 +1300
 by: Your Name - Wed, 23 Mar 2022 02:12 UTC

On 2022-03-23 00:48:00 +0000, Alan said:

> On 2022-03-22 4:51 p.m., Andy Burnelli wrote:
>> I love these huge 5 amp hour batteries that come in most phones nowadays.
>> <https://i.postimg.cc/Hs8srGDF/charging10.jpg> 4 hour full charge
>
> First of all, 5 amp-hour batteries don't come in anywhere NEAR "most
> phones". GSMArena lists 2,448 phones as currently available and only
> 609 come with batteries of 5 amp-hours or larger (and do you notice
> that adults know how to properly write "amp-hour"?).
>
> But much more importantly, what adults love is whichever phone lasts longer...
>
> ...which depends on more than just the battery capacity.
>
> 5 amp-hours is a spec...
>
> ...but it isn't actually what the user cares about.
>
> 'Best phone battery life at a glance (hours:minutes)
>
> 1. Moto G Power (2021): 14:04
> 2. Nubia RedMagic 6: 13:20
> 3. Moto G Power (2022): 13: 15
> 4. Nubia RedMagic 6S Pro: 13:13
> 5. Kyocera DuraForce Ultra 5G UW: 12:29
> 6. Asus ROG Phone 5: 12:23
> 7. Samsung Galaxy A52 5G: 12:19
> 8. iPhone 13 Pro Max: 12:16 (tie)
> 9. Cat S62 Pro: 12:16 (tie)
> 10. Motorola One 5G Ace: 12:03
> 11. Moto G Pure: 11:52
> 12. OnePlus Nord N10 5G: 11:48
> 13. iPhone 13 Pro: 11:42'
> <https://www.tomsguide.com/us/smartphones-best-battery-life,review-2857.html>
>

> 'So without further ado, let's take a look at the phones with the best
> battery life in 2022!
>
> High-end phones with best battery life:
>
> Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max – 4352 mAh battery, power-efficient
> processor, nearly 19 hours of web browsing
>
> Galaxy S20+, S20 FE – 4500 mAh battery, 12+ hours of web browsing
>
> OnePlus 8 – 4300 mAh battery, 12+ hours of web browsing
>
> Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro – 4500 mAh battery, 14+ hours of web browsing
>
> Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra – 5000 mAh battery, 16+ hours of web browsing'
> <https://www.phonearena.com/news/Best-battery-life-phones_id102507>

Even then, those are "best case" specifications in ideal conditions and
"average" usage. They are also usually under-rated to cover the
manufacturer's backside - if it lasts longer that's a bonus, but if it
lasts shorter the buyers will bitterly complain.

But battery life in the real world of course depends on what you're
actually doing, the battery's age and number of recharges it has had,
the weather/temperature, how well it has been taken care of, etc. You
could also, for example, easily buy a brand new mobile device that has
been sitting on the shelf for six months, which had a battery installed
that had been sitting on the factory stock shelf for six months before
that, so it is already 1 year degraded before you even open the box on
your new toy.

Re: I love these huge 5 amp hour batteries that come in most phones nowadays.

<t1e4ih$4fk$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=29526&group=comp.mobile.android#29526

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 03:35:51 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Wed, 23 Mar 2022 03:35 UTC

Your Name wrote:

>> First of all, 5 amp-hour batteries don't come in anywhere NEAR "most
>> phones". GSMArena lists 2,448 phones as currently available and only
>> 609 come with batteries of 5 amp-hours or larger

One thing I absolutely _adore_ about my free 5G phone is the battery life.

Thank you for running that search where I've noticed that a _lot_ of new
phones are "at least" five amp hours nowadays. Depending on whether you ran
the search for greater-than-or-equal to 5 amp hours, and depending on
whether that search was for the last year or so only, 609 is 25% of 2,448.

That's a lot. Whether or not it's "most" new phones and whether or not you
included "at least" in the search, that would make a difference whether or
not it's "most".

Plus, later on I see the "high end" phones have ~4,500 Amp-hour batteries,
which is essentially the same thing. Let's make the cutoff 4-1/2 Amp hours.

How many phones in the last year or two have at least a 4-1/2 Amp-hour
battery? I'll bet it's a LOT because anything smaller is just primitive.

>> (and do you notice
>> that adults know how to properly write "amp-hour"?).

Usenet is a casual medium but if you find I make inadvertent errors, please
feel free to let me know as I am after all a well educated person whose ego
is not intertwined with ignorance but in enlightenment.

I am not even going to look backward at how I used the "hyphen" as Usenet is
casual, but if I'm writing a paper, I know what a lot of people do NOT know,
which is that it isn't that a set of words gets a hyphen so much as how you
USE the words.

It's easier to explain with an example of "bright" and "red".
Does it get a hyphen or not?

The answer is, it depends on _how_ you use it.
"A bright-red rose" is different from "A bright red rose" for example.
Just as that's different from "A rose which is bright red."

In some cases, it's 'bright-red' and in others it's "bright red".
Same with amp hours.

In some cases it's "A five Amp-hour battery" (where I've capitalized the
proper noun) and in other cases it's "The battery is five Amp hours."

Depends on how you use it, but Usenet is casual, so I won't always use it
properly since it's not a paper that needs to be grammatically correct.

But if I used the hyphen incorrectly, you're _always_ welcome to tell me.

>> But much more importantly, what adults love is whichever phone lasts longer...
>> ...which depends on more than just the battery capacity.
>> 5 amp-hours is a spec...
>> ...but it isn't actually what the user cares about.

Look at what Tom's Guide said about my bottom-of-the-line free phone:
"The OnePlus Nord N200 5G didn't fare as well, seeing 10 hours
and 28 minutes in its 90Hz mode and 10 hours and 36 minutes in
its 60Hz mode. So the Samsung Galaxy A32-5G lasted considerably longer,
despite having the same size battery as the Nord N200."
<https://www.tomsguide.com/reviews/galaxy-a32-5g>

And look at what Tom's Guide said about my free phone's recharge time:
"We also tested the recharge times for the Galaxy A32 5G, with the phone
recharging from 0% to 14% in 15 minutes and to 27% in 30 minutes.
That's pretty inline with the Nord N200, which recharged to 32%
after half-an-hour." <https://www.tomsguide.com/reviews/galaxy-a32-5g>

My phone, which is five Amp hours, lasts forever.
That's what I care about.

As I recall, my phone charges on the charger that came with the phone in
about two to two-and-a-half hours (notice the hyphens!).
That's what I care about.

Gone is the primitive method of charging the phone every single night.
Gone are worries about using all the radios all the time.

I leave GPS on all day now that I have it spoofed.
And I leave the data on all day now that I have unlimited data.
And I leave the Wi-Fi radios on all the time too.
I don't usually have Bluetooth on though as I don't use it.
And the fact it's 5G doesn't seem to have any deleterious effect on that.

It's downright primitive to have to worry about charging your battery at the
end of the day given "many" modern phones come with five-and-six-Amp-hour
batteries nowadays.

In fact, if your battery is _smaller_ than five Amp hours, then I'd say it's
downright primitive, and if your phone didn't come with a fast charger, I'd
say that's downright primitive too. :)

>> 'Best phone battery life at a glance (hours:minutes)
>>
>> 1. Moto G Power (2021): 14:04
>> 2. Nubia RedMagic 6: 13:20
>> 3. Moto G Power (2022): 13: 15
>> 4. Nubia RedMagic 6S Pro: 13:13
>> 5. Kyocera DuraForce Ultra 5G UW: 12:29
>> 6. Asus ROG Phone 5: 12:23
>> 7. Samsung Galaxy A52 5G: 12:19
>> 8. iPhone 13 Pro Max: 12:16 (tie)
>> 9. Cat S62 Pro: 12:16 (tie)
>> 10. Motorola One 5G Ace: 12:03
>> 11. Moto G Pure: 11:52
>> 12. OnePlus Nord N10 5G: 11:48
>> 13. iPhone 13 Pro: 11:42'
>> <https://www.tomsguide.com/us/smartphones-best-battery-life,review-2857.html>

They didn't test the Samsung Galaxy A32-5G based on that listing.

But read this, which says mine is one of the best they've ever tested.
<https://www.tomsguide.com/reviews/galaxy-a32-5g>
"the A32-5G's numbers might just earn it a spot on our list
of the best phone battery life."

Running a search for the battery life of my free bottom-of-the-line phone
<https://www.google.com/search?q=battery+life+samsung+galaxy+a32-5g>
This is the first hit, titled "Battery Life for Days"
<https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/samsung-galaxy-a32-5g>
"THE BOTTOM LINE
The Samsung Galaxy A32 5G's excellent battery life and impressive
design are a winning combination for budget-phone shoppers."

They talk about the "battery life" being excellent _seven_ times in that
short article, so that's a fantastic thing that they agree with me.
"The 5,000mAh battery should yield a few days of moderate use between
charges. In our battery drain test, which streams HD video over Wi-Fi
at full brightness, the Galaxy A32 5G shut down after 13 hours
and 1 minute. If you need a quick boost, the phone supports
18W fast charging; an adapter is included in the box."

>> 'So without further ado, let's take a look at the phones with the best
>> battery life in 2022!

My bottom-of-the-line free Samsung Galaxy 5G has "battery life for days",
which is one thing I _love_ about that phone.

I gave a few of them away to kids who camp and they used the GPS all day for
days and the phone handled their camping trip just fine without worries.

Gone is the primitive overnight charging.
Gone is the primitive 8-hour charging.

I love the battery life and I love the fast charger which charges the phone,
as I recall, in two and a half hours or so (I need to test it again though).

>> High-end phones with best battery life:
>>
>> Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max – 4352 mAh battery, power-efficient
>> processor, nearly 19 hours of web browsing
>>
>> Galaxy S20+, S20 FE at 4500 mAh battery, 12+ hours of web browsing
>>
>> OnePlus 8 at 4300 mAh battery, 12+ hours of web browsing
>>
>> Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro at 4500 mAh battery, 14+ hours of web browsing
>>
>> Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra at 5000 mAh battery, 16+ hours of web browsing'
>> <https://www.phonearena.com/news/Best-battery-life-phones_id102507>

Let's make the cutoff 4-1/2 Amp hours unless you want to make the cutoff at
a 4.3 Amp-hour battery to include the smaller iPhone batteries.

Your choice.
If you run that search you'll find a _lot_ of new phones in the last year
(2021 and 2022) no longer use the primitive smaller batteries anymore.

> Even then, those are "best case" specifications in ideal conditions and
> "average" usage. They are also usually under-rated to cover the
> manufacturer's backside - if it lasts longer that's a bonus, but if it
> lasts shorter the buyers will bitterly complain.

All tests have their advantages and disadvantages.
What matters is consistency in testing between phones.
That's why I love DXOMark so much as they use a consistent set of tests.

What really matters, as you already said, is how it works in your hands,
where I'm gonna tell you that my phone lasts forever. As in days of using it
with all the radios on full tilt.

Of course, if I play video all night with the screen on, then of course it
won't last forever, but I _never_ worry about the charge during the day
under normal use.

I'd say my use is normal in that the wifi radios, the gps radios, and the
cellular data radios are on full time all day every day. And I don't even
bother to charge it at night unless I feel like doing so. I put it on a
2.4-Amp charger but I have a charger that can put 9.0 volts of pressure if I
wanted to fast charge it.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: I love these huge 5 amp hour batteries that come in most phones nowadays.

<ja04r7Fdl41U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=29532&group=comp.mobile.android#29532

From: use...@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
nowadays.
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 08:42:14 +0000
 by: Andy Burns - Wed, 23 Mar 2022 08:42 UTC

Your Name wrote:

> Even then, those are "best case" specifications in ideal conditions and
> "average" usage.

Surely they're "best case" under "worst usage"? They don't seem to say what the
test conditions are, but it must be constant game or video playing to get as low
as 14 hours ...

Re: I love these huge 5 amp hour batteries that come in most phones nowadays.

<t1fj2a$1e6e$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=29551&group=comp.mobile.android#29551

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 16:49:19 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Wed, 23 Mar 2022 16:49 UTC

Andy Burns wrote:

>> Even then, those are "best case" specifications in ideal conditions and
>> "average" usage.
>
> Surely they're "best case" under "worst usage"? They don't seem to say what the
> test conditions are, but it must be constant game or video playing to get as low
> as 14 hours ...

You bring up an interesting point, where, under such kinds of intensive
testing, the consistency between phones is that matters more so than the
actual hours run (remember that nobody ever has been able to reproduce
Apple's battery life claims, in the history of the company no less).

BTW, I had responded to Your Name but I didn't see the post he had responded
to, so I inadvertently replied as if to him on the claim that it wasn't
"most" modern phones have at least a 4-1/2 hour battery nowadays.

I just ran that search where they only allow even numbers so I set the
search to 4.4Ah (instead of to 4.5Ah) & allowed all phones in 2021 & 2022.
<https://www.gsmarena.com/results.php3?nYearMin=2021&nBatCapacityMin=4400>

That shows 485 phones since 2021 with battery capacity of 4.4Ah or greater.
This is a cut-and-paste of the top 70 shown in the first page results:
Realme GT Neo3 Android 5000 mAh battery, 256GB, 12GB RAM
Samsung Galaxy A53 5G Android - 5000 mAh battery, 256GB, 8GB RAM
Samsung Galaxy A73 5G Android - 5000 mAh battery, 256GB, 8GB RAM
Samsung Galaxy A33 5G Android - 5000 mAh battery, 256GB, 8GB RAM
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G Android - 5000 mAh battery, 1024GB, 12GB RAM
Xiaomi 12 Pro Android - 4600 mAh battery, 256GB, 12GB RAM
Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Android - 5000 mAh battery, 128GB, 6GB RAM
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G Android - 4500 mAh battery, 256GB, 8GB RAM
Xiaomi Redmi K50 Pro Android - 5000 mAh battery, 512GB, 12GB RAM
Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro+ 5G Android - 5000 mAh battery, 256GB, 8GB RAM
Realme Narzo 50A Prime Android - 5000 mAh battery, 128GB, 4GB RAM
Xiaomi Redmi K50 Android - 5500 mAh battery, 256GB, 12GB RAM
Xiaomi 12 Android - 4500 mAh battery, 256GB, 12GB RAM
Xiaomi Poco X4 Pro 5G Android - 5000 mAh battery, 256GB, 8GB RAM
Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro Android - 5020 mAh battery, 128GB, 8GB RAM
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G Android - 4500 mAh battery, 256GB, 8GB RAM
Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G Android - 5000 mAh battery, 128GB, 8GB RAM
Honor Magic4 Ultimate Android - 4600 mAh battery, 512GB, 12GB RAM
Samsung Galaxy A32 Android - 5000 mAh battery, 128GB, 8GB RAM
Oppo A96 Android - 5000 mAh battery, 256GB, 8GB RAM
Samsung Galaxy F23 Android - 5000 mAh battery, 128GB, 6GB RAM
Xiaomi 12X Android - 4500 mAh battery, 256GB, 12GB RAM
Xiaomi Poco F3 Android - 4520 mAh battery, 256GB, 8GB RAM
Realme GT2 Pro Android - 5000 mAh battery, 512GB, 12GB RAM
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro Android - 5160 mAh battery, 256GB, 8GB RAM
Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro Android - 5000 mAh battery, 128GB, 8GB RAM
Samsung Galaxy A52 Android - 4500 mAh battery, 256GB, 8GB RAM
Xiaomi Redmi K40S Android - 4500 mAh battery, 256GB, 12GB RAM
OnePlus 10 Pro Android - 5000 mAh battery, 512GB, 12GB RAM
Samsung Galaxy S22+ 5G Android - 4500 mAh battery, 256GB, 8GB RAM
Xiaomi Poco M4 Pro Android - 5000 mAh battery, 256GB, 8GB RAM
OnePlus Nord CE 2 5G Android - 4500 mAh battery, 128GB, 8GB RAM
vivo iQOO Z6 Android - 5000 mAh battery, 128GB, 8GB RAM
Samsung Galaxy A22 Android - 5000 mAh battery, 128GB, 6GB RAM
Xiaomi 11T Pro Android - 5000 mAh battery, 256GB, 12GB RAM
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G Android - 5000 mAh battery, 512GB, 16GB RAM
Xiaomi Redmi 10C Android - 5000 mAh battery, 128GB, 4GB RAM
Realme 9 Pro+ Android - 4500 mAh battery, 256GB, 8GB RAM
Oppo Find X5 Pro Android - 5000 mAh battery, 512GB, 12GB RAM
Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Android - 5000 mAh battery, 128GB, 6GB RAM
Google Pixel 6 Pro Android - 5003 mAh battery, 512GB, 12GB RAM
Realme 9 Pro Android - 5000 mAh battery, 128GB, 8GB RAM
Samsung Galaxy A03 Android - 5000 mAh battery, 128GB, 4GB RAM
Xiaomi 11T Android - 5000 mAh battery, 256GB, 8GB RAM
Xiaomi Redmi Note 10S Android - 5000 mAh battery, 128GB, 8GB RAM
Oppo K10 Android - 5000 mAh battery, 128GB, 8GB RAM
Google Pixel 6 Android - 4614 mAh battery, 256GB, 8GB RAM
Samsung Galaxy A23 Android - 5000 mAh battery, 128GB, 8GB RAM
Samsung Galaxy A22 5G Android - 5000 mAh battery, 128GB, 8GB RAM
Samsung Galaxy A13 Android - 5000 mAh battery, 128GB, 6GB RAM
Samsung Galaxy M52 5G Android - 5000 mAh battery, 128GB, 8GB RAM
Samsung Galaxy A03s Android - 5000 mAh battery, 64GB, 4GB RAM
Oppo Reno7 Z 5G Android - 4500 mAh battery, 128GB, 8GB RAM
OnePlus Nord 2 5G Android - 4500 mAh battery, 256GB, 12GB RAM
Oppo Reno7 5G Android - 4500 mAh battery, 256GB, 8GB RAM
Samsung Galaxy A72 Android - 5000 mAh battery, 256GB, 8GB RAM
Samsung Galaxy A32 5G Android - 5000 mAh battery, 128GB, 8GB RAM
Motorola Edge 30 Pro Android - 4800 mAh battery, 512GB, 12GB RAM
Xiaomi Redmi 10 Android - 5000 mAh battery, 128GB, 6GB RAM
Xiaomi Redmi K50 Gaming Android - 4700 mAh battery, 256GB, 12GB RAM
Xiaomi Redmi Note 11S Android - 5000 mAh battery, 128GB, 8GB RAM
Realme 9i Android - 5000 mAh battery, 128GB, 6GB RAM
Oppo Reno7 Pro 5G Android - 4500 mAh battery, 256GB, 12GB RAM
Xiaomi Poco M4 Pro 5G Android - 5000 mAh battery, 128GB, 8GB RAM
OnePlus 9 Pro Android - 4500 mAh battery, 256GB, 12GB RAM
Infinix Note 11 Pro Android - 5000 mAh battery, 128GB, 8GB RAM
Sony Xperia Pro-I Android - 4500 mAh battery, 512GB, 12GB RAM
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G Android - 4500 mAh battery, 256GB, 8GB RAM
Samsung Galaxy M33 Android - 6000 mAh battery, 128GB, 8GB RAM
Realme 9 5G Speed Android - 5000 mAh battery, 128GB, 8GB RAM

Wow. That's interesting. Not a _single_ Apple iPhone in those results.
Now I know why the Apple people don't like this fact about Apple iPhones.
--
I don't care iKooks are child-like with a low-IQ, no education & low self
esteem; but due to that, they're so upset that Apple always screws them.

Re: I love these huge 5 amp hour batteries that come in most phones nowadays.

<t1gbri$orc$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=29582&group=comp.mobile.android#29582

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
nowadays.
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 16:52:17 -0700
 by: Alan - Wed, 23 Mar 2022 23:52 UTC

On 2022-03-23 9:49 a.m., Andy Burnelli wrote:
> Andy Burns wrote:
>
>>> Even then, those are "best case" specifications in ideal conditions
>>> and "average" usage.
>>
>> Surely they're "best case" under "worst usage"?  They don't seem to
>> say what the test conditions are, but it must be constant game or
>> video playing to get as low as 14 hours ...
>
> You bring up an interesting point, where, under such kinds of intensive
> testing, the consistency between phones is that matters more so than the
> actual hours run (remember that nobody ever has been able to reproduce
> Apple's battery life claims, in the history of the company no less).

Other than the references I posted from independent tests...

> BTW, I had responded to Your Name but I didn't see the post he had
> responded
> to, so I inadvertently replied as if to him on the claim that it wasn't
> "most" modern phones have at least a 4-1/2 hour battery nowadays.
>
> I just ran that search where they only allow even numbers so I set the
> search to 4.4Ah (instead of to 4.5Ah) & allowed all phones in 2021 & 2022.
> <https://www.gsmarena.com/results.php3?nYearMin=2021&nBatCapacityMin=4400>

<irrelevant list snipped>

> Wow. That's interesting. Not a _single_ Apple iPhone in those results.
> Now I know why the Apple people don't like this fact about Apple iPhones.

Do people by phones for the size of the battery...

....or the actual running time?

Re: I love these huge 5 amp hour batteries that come in most phones nowadays.

<t1gcdh$v1c$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=29583&group=comp.mobile.android#29583

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
nowadays.
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 17:01:51 -0700
 by: Alan - Thu, 24 Mar 2022 00:01 UTC

On 2022-03-22 8:35 p.m., Andy Burnelli wrote:
> Your Name wrote:
>
>>> First of all, 5 amp-hour batteries don't come in anywhere NEAR "most
>>> phones". GSMArena lists 2,448 phones as currently available and only
>>> 609 come with batteries of 5 amp-hours or larger
>
> One thing I absolutely _adore_ about my free 5G phone is the battery life.
>
> Thank you for running that search where I've noticed that a _lot_ of new
> phones are "at least" five amp hours nowadays. Depending on whether you ran
> the search for greater-than-or-equal to 5 amp hours, and depending on
> whether that search was for the last year or so only, 609 is 25% of 2,448.
>
> That's a lot. Whether or not it's "most" new phones and whether or not you
> included "at least" in the search, that would make a difference whether or
> not it's "most".

It's clearly not most, and my search was clearly for any phone with a 5
amp-hour battery or more.

> Plus, later on I see the "high end" phones have ~4,500 Amp-hour batteries,
> which is essentially the same thing. Let's make the cutoff 4-1/2 Amp hours.

4.5 hours isn't the same thing, so you've dragged the goalposts
significantly

> How many phones in the last year or two have at least a 4-1/2 Amp-hour
> battery? I'll bet it's a LOT because anything smaller is just primitive.

And then you drag them again.

>>> (and do you notice that adults know how to properly write "amp-hour"?).
>
> Usenet is a casual medium but if you find I make inadvertent errors, please
> feel free to let me know as I am after all a well educated person whose ego
> is not intertwined with ignorance but in enlightenment.
>
> I am not even going to look backward at how I used the "hyphen" as
> Usenet is
> casual, but if I'm writing a paper, I know what a lot of people do NOT
> know,
> which is that it isn't that a set of words gets a hyphen so much as how you
> USE the words.
> It's easier to explain with an example of "bright" and "red".
> Does it get a hyphen or not?

"amp-hour" gets a hyphen.

Anyone who actually was an electrical engineer would know htat.

> The answer is, it depends on _how_ you use it.
> "A bright-red rose" is different from "A bright red rose" for example.
> Just as that's different from "A rose which is bright red."

> In some cases, it's 'bright-red' and in others it's "bright red".
> Same with amp hours.

Nope. Not the same at all.

> In some cases it's "A five Amp-hour battery" (where I've capitalized the
> proper noun) and in other cases it's "The battery is five Amp hours."

1. "amp-hour" is not a proper noun.

2. In no cases should it ever be un-hyphenated.

> Depends on how you use it, but Usenet is casual, so I won't always use it
> properly since it's not a paper that needs to be grammatically correct.
>
> But if I used the hyphen incorrectly, you're _always_ welcome to tell me.

You failed to use it... ...and it was definitely incorrect.

>>> But much more importantly, what adults love is whichever phone lasts
>>> longer...
>>> ...which depends on more than just the battery capacity.
>>> 5 amp-hours is a spec...
>>> ...but it isn't actually what the user cares about.
>
> Look at what Tom's Guide said about my bottom-of-the-line free phone:
> "The OnePlus Nord N200 5G didn't fare as well, seeing 10 hours  and 28
> minutes in its 90Hz mode and 10 hours and 36 minutes in
>  its 60Hz mode. So the Samsung Galaxy A32-5G lasted considerably longer,
>  despite having the same size battery as the Nord N200."
>  <https://www.tomsguide.com/reviews/galaxy-a32-5g>

Yes, and?

> And look at what Tom's Guide said about my free phone's recharge time:
> "We also tested the recharge times for the Galaxy A32 5G, with the phone
>  recharging from 0% to 14% in 15 minutes and to 27% in 30 minutes.
>  That's pretty inline with the Nord N200, which recharged to 32%  after
> half-an-hour." <https://www.tomsguide.com/reviews/galaxy-a32-5g>

Which has nothing to do with their battery capacity.

> My phone, which is five Amp hours, lasts forever.
> That's what I care about.

You care about the "lasts forever" if you're smart.

> As I recall, my phone charges on the charger that came with the phone in
> about two to two-and-a-half hours (notice the hyphens!). That's what I
> care about.
>
> Gone is the primitive method of charging the phone every single night.
> Gone are worries about using all the radios all the time.
>
> I leave GPS on all day now that I have it spoofed.

Great. So do I.

> And I leave the data on all day now that I have unlimited data.

Great. So do I.

> And I leave the Wi-Fi radios on all the time too.

Me too.

> I don't usually have Bluetooth on though as I don't use it.

I have it on all the time.

> And the fact it's 5G doesn't seem to have any deleterious effect on that.
>
> It's downright primitive to have to worry about charging your battery at
> the
> end of the day given "many" modern phones come with five-and-six-Amp-hour
> batteries nowadays.

And now you've upped the ante again after moving the goalposts previously.

> In fact, if your battery is _smaller_ than five Amp hours, then I'd say
> it's
> downright primitive, and if your phone didn't come with a fast charger, I'd
> say that's downright primitive too. :)

It's downright irrelevant how big my battery is.

What's relevant is how long it lasts.

>>> 'Best phone battery life at a glance (hours:minutes)
>>>
>>> 1. Moto G Power (2021): 14:04
>>> 2. Nubia RedMagic 6: 13:20
>>> 3. Moto G Power (2022): 13: 15
>>> 4. Nubia RedMagic 6S Pro: 13:13
>>> 5. Kyocera DuraForce Ultra 5G UW: 12:29
>>> 6. Asus ROG Phone 5: 12:23
>>> 7. Samsung Galaxy A52 5G: 12:19
>>> 8. iPhone 13 Pro Max: 12:16 (tie)
>>> 9. Cat S62 Pro: 12:16 (tie)
>>> 10. Motorola One 5G Ace: 12:03
>>> 11. Moto G Pure: 11:52
>>> 12. OnePlus Nord N10 5G: 11:48
>>> 13. iPhone 13 Pro: 11:42'
>>> <https://www.tomsguide.com/us/smartphones-best-battery-life,review-2857.html>
>>>

> They didn't test the Samsung Galaxy A32-5G based on that listing.

Or they tested it, and it didn't make the cut.

> But read this, which says mine is one of the best they've ever tested.
> <https://www.tomsguide.com/reviews/galaxy-a32-5g>
> "the A32-5G's numbers might just earn it a spot on our list  of the best
> phone battery life."

"Might" isn't "did"

> Running a search for the battery life of my free bottom-of-the-line phone
> <https://www.google.com/search?q=battery+life+samsung+galaxy+a32-5g>
> This is the first hit, titled "Battery Life for Days"
> <https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/samsung-galaxy-a32-5g>
> "THE BOTTOM LINE
>  The Samsung Galaxy A32 5G's excellent battery life and impressive
>  design are a winning combination for budget-phone shoppers."

Battery LIFE.

> They talk about the "battery life" being excellent _seven_ times in that
> short article, so that's a fantastic thing that they agree with me.
> "The 5,000mAh battery should yield a few days of moderate use between
>  charges. In our battery drain test, which streams HD video over Wi-Fi
>  at full brightness, the Galaxy A32 5G shut down after 13 hours  and 1
> minute. If you need a quick boost, the phone supports  18W fast
> charging; an adapter is included in the box."

Right.

"Battery LIFE" isn't "battery SIZE".

>>> 'So without further ado, let's take a look at the phones with the
>>> best battery life in 2022!
>
> My bottom-of-the-line free Samsung Galaxy 5G has "battery life for
> days", which is one thing I _love_ about that phone.
> I gave a few of them away to kids who camp and they used the GPS all day
> for
> days and the phone handled their camping trip just fine without worries.
>
> Gone is the primitive overnight charging.

Why would that be primitive? What else should I do with it while I'm asleep?

Click here to read the complete article
Re: I love these huge 5 amp hour batteries that come in most phones nowadays.

<t1j9d9$gd8$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=29618&group=comp.mobile.android#29618

Followup: comp.mobile.android
From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 02:29:04 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Fri, 25 Mar 2022 02:29 UTC

We may as well remove the Apple newsgroup as this thread is about the sheer
joy of owning a _modern_ phone (which all have huge batteries nowadays).

My fault.
I hadn't realized primitive iPhones don't have modern battery technology.

Searching only modern 2022 phones show _zero_ iPhones in those results.
<https://www.gsmarena.com/results.php3?nYearMin=2022&nBatCapacityMin=4400>

That shows 99 modern phones with huge batteries, literally _zero_ of which
are the primitive iPhones that _still_ ship with archaic battery technology.

Below are the first 70 in that list of almost 100 modern phones which
nowadays have _huge_ batteries (and many come with fast chargers too).

*6000 mAh* Xiaomi Redmi 10 (India) - 128 GB storage, 6 GB RAM
*6000 mAh* Samsung Galaxy M33 - 128 GB storage, 8 GB RAM
*5600 mAh* Lenovo Legion Y90 - 640 GB storage, 18 GB RAM
*5500 mAh* Xiaomi Redmi K50 - 256 GB storage, 12 GB RAM
*5160 mAh* Xiaomi 11i - 256 GB storage, 8 GB RAM
*5050 mAh* Nokia G21 - 128 GB storage, 6 GB RAM
*5050 mAh* Nokia G11 - 32 GB storage, 3 GB RAM
*5050 mAh* Nokia C21 Plus - 64 GB storage, 4 GB RAM
*5000 mAh* vivo iQOO Z6 - 128 GB storage, 8 GB RAM
*5000 mAh* vivo T1 5G - 128 GB storage, 8 GB RAM
*5000 mAh* ZTE nubia Z40 Pro - 1024 GB storage, 16 GB RAM
*5000 mAh* ZTE nubia Red Magic 7 Pro - 1024 GB storage, 16 GB RAM
*5000 mAh* Xiaomi Redmi Note 11S - 128 GB storage, 8 GB RAM
*5000 mAh* Xiaomi Redmi Note 11E Pro - 256 GB storage, 8 GB RAM
*5000 mAh* Xiaomi Redmi Note 11E - 128 GB storage, 6 GB RAM
*5000 mAh* Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro+ 5G (India) - 256 GB storage, 8 GB RAM
*5000 mAh* Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G - 128 GB storage, 8 GB RAM
*5000 mAh* Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro - 128 GB storage, 8 GB RAM
*5000 mAh* Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 - 128 GB storage, 6 GB RAM
*5000 mAh* Xiaomi Redmi K50 Pro - 512 GB storage, 12 GB RAM
*5000 mAh* Xiaomi Redmi 10C - 128 GB storage, 4 GB RAM
*5000 mAh* Xiaomi Redmi 10 2022 - 128 GB storage, 4 GB RAM
*5000 mAh* Xiaomi Poco X4 Pro 5G - 256 GB storage, 8 GB RAM
*5000 mAh* Xiaomi Poco M4 Pro - 256 GB storage, 8 GB RAM
*5000 mAh* Tecno Spark 8C - 64 GB storage, 4 GB RAM
*5000 mAh* Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G - 1024 GB storage, 12 GB RAM
*5000 mAh* Samsung Galaxy M23 - 128 GB storage, 4 GB RAM
*5000 mAh* Samsung Galaxy F23 - 128 GB storage, 6 GB RAM
*5000 mAh* Samsung Galaxy A73 5G - 256 GB storage, 8 GB RAM
*5000 mAh* Samsung Galaxy A53 5G - 256 GB storage, 8 GB RAM
*5000 mAh* Samsung Galaxy A33 5G - 256 GB storage, 8 GB RAM
*5000 mAh* Samsung Galaxy A23 - 128 GB storage, 8 GB RAM
*5000 mAh* Samsung Galaxy A13 - 128 GB storage, 6 GB RAM
*5000 mAh* Realme Narzo 50A Prime - 128 GB storage, 4 GB RAM
*5000 mAh* Realme Narzo 50 - 128 GB storage, 6 GB RAM
*5000 mAh* Realme GT2 Pro - 512 GB storage, 12 GB RAM
*5000 mAh* Realme GT2 - 256 GB storage, 12 GB RAM
*5000 mAh* Realme GT Neo3 - 256 GB storage, 12 GB RAM
*5000 mAh* Realme C35 - 128 GB storage, 6 GB RAM
*5000 mAh* Realme 9i - 128 GB storage, 6 GB RAM
*5000 mAh* Realme 9 Pro - 128 GB storage, 8 GB RAM
*5000 mAh* Realme 9 5G Speed - 128 GB storage, 8 GB RAM
*5000 mAh* Realme 9 5G - 128 GB storage, 6 GB RAM
*5000 mAh* Oppo K10 - 128 GB storage, 8 GB RAM
*5000 mAh* Oppo Find X5 Pro - 512 GB storage, 12 GB RAM
*5000 mAh* Oppo A96 - 256 GB storage, 8 GB RAM
*5000 mAh* Oppo A76 - 128 GB storage, 6 GB RAM
*5000 mAh* OnePlus 10 Pro - 512 GB storage, 12 GB RAM
*5000 mAh* Motorola Moto G22 - 64 GB storage, 4 GB RAM
*5000 mAh* Motorola Moto G Stylus (2022) - 128 GB storage, 6 GB RAM
*5000 mAh* Infinix Zero 5G - 128 GB storage, 8 GB RAM
*4800 mAh* Oppo Find X5 - 256 GB storage, 12 GB RAM
*4800 mAh* Motorola Edge 30 Pro - 512 GB storage, 12 GB RAM
*4800 mAh* Honor Magic4 - 512 GB storage, 12 GB RAM
*4700 mAh* vivo iQOO 9 Pro - 512 GB storage, 12 GB RAM
*4700 mAh* Xiaomi Redmi K50 Gaming - 256 GB storage, 12 GB RAM
*4600 mAh* Honor Magic4 Ultimate - 512 GB storage, 12 GB RAM
*4600 mAh* Honor Magic4 Pro - 512 GB storage, 12 GB RAM
*4500 mAh* vivo iQOO 9 SE - 256 GB storage, 12 GB RAM
*4500 mAh* ZTE nubia Red Magic 7 - 512 GB storage, 18 GB RAM
*4500 mAh* Xiaomi Redmi K40S - 256 GB storage, 12 GB RAM
*4500 mAh* Xiaomi 11i HyperCharge 5G - 256 GB storage, 8 GB RAM
*4500 mAh* Samsung Galaxy S22+ 5G - 256 GB storage, 8 GB RAM
*4500 mAh* Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G - 256 GB storage, 8 GB RAM
*4500 mAh* Realme 9 Pro+ - 256 GB storage, 8 GB RAM
*4500 mAh* Oppo Reno7 Z 5G - 128 GB storage, 8 GB RAM
*4500 mAh* Oppo Reno7 5G - 256 GB storage, 8 GB RAM
*4500 mAh* Oppo Find X5 Lite - 256 GB storage, 8 GB RAM
*4500 mAh* Oppo A96 (China) - 256 GB storage, 8 GB RAM
*4500 mAh* OnePlus Nord CE 2 5G - 128 GB storage, 8 GB RAM

Gone is the primitive approach iPhones use of nightly charging cycles.
That's one reason I absolutely _love_ my huge-battery 2021 free phone!
--
A key difference between an educated and uneducated person is that the
educated person makes assessments based on the actual facts of the matter.

Re: I love these huge 5 amp hour batteries that come in most phones nowadays.

<t1jjkl$nci$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=29620&group=comp.mobile.android#29620

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
nowadays.
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 22:23:32 -0700
 by: Alan - Fri, 25 Mar 2022 05:23 UTC

On 2022-03-24 7:29 p.m., Andy Burnelli wrote:
> We may as well remove the Apple newsgroup as this thread is about the sheer
> joy of owning a _modern_ phone (which all have huge batteries nowadays).

Isn't run time what really matters?