Kill Ugly Radio -- Frank Zappa

computers / alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent / Re: In Agent 1.91 where are the group filters?

SubjectAuthor
* In Agent 1.91 where are the group filters?gfretwell
+* Re: In Agent 1.91 where are the group filters?Dennis Lee Bieber
|`- Re: In Agent 1.91 where are the group filters?gfretwell
`* Re: In Agent 1.91 where are the group filters?Ralph Fox
 +- Re: In Agent 1.91 where are the group filters?gfretwell
 `* Re: In Agent 1.91 where are the group filters?The Horny Goat
  `* Re: In Agent 1.91 where are the group filters?Shadow
   +* Re: In Agent 1.91 where are the group filters?gfretwell
   |`- Re: In Agent 1.91 where are the group filters?SolutionsViaDIY
   `* Re: In Agent 1.91 where are the group filters?thad
    +- Re: In Agent 1.91 where are the group filters?Shadow
    `- Re: In Agent 1.91 where are the group filters?The Horny Goat

1
In Agent 1.91 where are the group filters?

<kmfukgpepd2bmetavp2rebue912k0pqh4g@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2920&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#2920

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: In Agent 1.91 where are the group filters?
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 11:25:05 -0400
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Sat, 25 Sep 2021 15:25 UTC

I don't see a tab that shows existing filters for a particular group.
I am guessing it is a hot key but I don't have a list of them.

Re: In Agent 1.91 where are the group filters?

<ukiukgtqm5el5cslcfu51s2lgvatnu7bl6@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2921&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#2921

From: wlfr...@ix.netcom.com (Dennis Lee Bieber)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Re: In Agent 1.91 where are the group filters?
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 12:17:44 -0400
 by: Dennis Lee Bieber - Sat, 25 Sep 2021 16:17 UTC

On Sat, 25 Sep 2021 11:25:05 -0400, gfretwell@aol.com declaimed the
following:

>I don't see a tab that shows existing filters for a particular group.
>I am guessing it is a hot key but I don't have a list of them.

It has been decades since I used 1.91 so I may be off the map here...
In 8.x and a number of versions earlier it is Tools/Usenet Filters.

There is not, to my knowledge, anything that only shows filters for one
group. Group specific filters are listed with [group.name] before the
filter criteria. Filters that apply to all groups do not have the
[group.name] prefix.

--
Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber AF6VN
wlfraed@ix.netcom.com http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/

Re: In Agent 1.91 where are the group filters?

<8hqukgdd3l3lifcd8g99622u059dvpi1gf@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2922&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#2922

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 14:29:48 -0400
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Sat, 25 Sep 2021 18:29 UTC

On Sat, 25 Sep 2021 12:17:44 -0400, Dennis Lee Bieber
<wlfraed@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 25 Sep 2021 11:25:05 -0400, gfretwell@aol.com declaimed the
>following:
>
>>I don't see a tab that shows existing filters for a particular group.
>>I am guessing it is a hot key but I don't have a list of them.
>
> It has been decades since I used 1.91 so I may be off the map here...
>In 8.x and a number of versions earlier it is Tools/Usenet Filters.
>
> There is not, to my knowledge, anything that only shows filters for one
>group. Group specific filters are listed with [group.name] before the
>filter criteria. Filters that apply to all groups do not have the
>[group.name] prefix.

The filters I have set only seem to affect one group. It is really
just one troll but he shows up in other groups. I also seem to be
filtering another guy I didn't want to and I am not sure why. I just
want to look over the filters and see.

Re: In Agent 1.91 where are the group filters?

<htrukgdgqu75anbmmcjqs2sl2c6u91i5fv@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2923&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#2923

From: -rf-...@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2021 08:29:28 +1300
 by: Ralph Fox - Sat, 25 Sep 2021 19:29 UTC

On Sat, 25 Sep 2021 11:25:05 -0400, gfretwell@aol.com wrote:

> In Agent 1.91 where are the group filters?

> I don't see a tab that shows existing filters for a particular group.
> I am guessing it is a hot key but I don't have a list of them.

Here is how to show existing filters for a particular group.

Start by first selecting the particular group (say alt.fan.mozilla) and
then going to "Window >> Open Usenet Filters". This is the window which
shows existing Usenet filters.

You can make this window show only existing filters for a particular
group by adjusting the options on this window at "Filter >> Select View".

1. If you want the Usenet Filters window to show only filters whose
scope is the selected group (say alt.fan.mozilla), but not global
filters which may also affect the selected group, then set the
options at "Filter >> Select View" like so:

----- Scope -----
[ ] Global (filters that apply to all groups)
[ ] All group-specific filters
[x] Group alt.fan.mozilla

2. If you want the Usenet Filters window to show filters which affect
the selected group (say alt.fan.mozilla), that is both filters
whose scope is the selected group and global filters, then set
the options at "Filter >> Select View" like so:

----- Scope -----
[x] Global (filters that apply to all groups)
[ ] All group-specific filters
[x] Group alt.fan.mozilla

When you are done, remember to set the options back to like below so
that next time the Usenet Filters window will not hide any of your
Usenet filters.

----- Scope -----
[x] Global (filters that apply to all groups)
[x] All group-specific filters
[ ] Group alt.fan.mozilla

--
Kind regards
Ralph

Re: In Agent 1.91 where are the group filters?

<jl3vkg98qkvofrlr272k43ke4noou5gmkb@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2925&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#2925

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 17:04:14 -0400
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Sat, 25 Sep 2021 21:04 UTC

On Sun, 26 Sep 2021 08:29:28 +1300, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid>
wrote:

>On Sat, 25 Sep 2021 11:25:05 -0400, gfretwell@aol.com wrote:
>
>> In Agent 1.91 where are the group filters?
>
>> I don't see a tab that shows existing filters for a particular group.
>> I am guessing it is a hot key but I don't have a list of them.
>

>Here is how to show existing filters for a particular group.
>
>Start by first selecting the particular group (say alt.fan.mozilla) and
>then going to "Window >> Open Usenet Filters". This is the window which
>shows existing Usenet filters.
>
>You can make this window show only existing filters for a particular
>group by adjusting the options on this window at "Filter >> Select View".
>

> 1. If you want the Usenet Filters window to show only filters whose
> scope is the selected group (say alt.fan.mozilla), but not global
> filters which may also affect the selected group, then set the
> options at "Filter >> Select View" like so:
>
> ----- Scope -----
> [ ] Global (filters that apply to all groups)
> [ ] All group-specific filters
> [x] Group alt.fan.mozilla
>

> 2. If you want the Usenet Filters window to show filters which affect
> the selected group (say alt.fan.mozilla), that is both filters
> whose scope is the selected group and global filters, then set
> the options at "Filter >> Select View" like so:
>
> ----- Scope -----
> [x] Global (filters that apply to all groups)
> [ ] All group-specific filters
> [x] Group alt.fan.mozilla
>

>When you are done, remember to set the options back to like below so
>that next time the Usenet Filters window will not hide any of your
>Usenet filters.
>
> ----- Scope -----
> [x] Global (filters that apply to all groups)
> [x] All group-specific filters
> [ ] Group alt.fan.mozilla

Thanks. You guys are the best

Re: In Agent 1.91 where are the group filters?

<6n7vkg9vj9ctd3ese13g5rt1vss4063sqb@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2926&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#2926

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 15:16:30 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Sat, 25 Sep 2021 22:16 UTC

wrote:

>On Sat, 25 Sep 2021 11:25:05 -0400, gfretwell@aol.com wrote:
>
>> In Agent 1.91 where are the group filters?
>
>> I don't see a tab that shows existing filters for a particular group.
>> I am guessing it is a hot key but I don't have a list of them.
>

>Here is how to show existing filters for a particular group.

I'm mostly amazed you're still answering Q&A from v 1.91.

That's kinda like answering questions on the very first release of Win
XP (both 2nd / 3rd Q 2002)

Re: In Agent 1.91 where are the group filters?

<08avkg5kn0eboarf2anl8v2s03irs8updm@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2927&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#2927

From: Sh...@dow.br (Shadow)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 19:58:03 -0300
 by: Shadow - Sat, 25 Sep 2021 22:58 UTC

On Sat, 25 Sep 2021 15:16:30 -0700, The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca>
wrote:

>On Sun, 26 Sep 2021 08:29:28 +1300, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid>
>wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 25 Sep 2021 11:25:05 -0400, gfretwell@aol.com wrote:
>>
>>> In Agent 1.91 where are the group filters?
>>
>>> I don't see a tab that shows existing filters for a particular group.
>>> I am guessing it is a hot key but I don't have a list of them.
>>

>>Here is how to show existing filters for a particular group.
>
>I'm mostly amazed you're still answering Q&A from v 1.91.

I'm amazed the OP didn't install v1.93. Same size and memory
requirements but with bug fixes.

>That's kinda like answering questions on the very first release of Win
>XP (both 2nd / 3rd Q 2002)

There are various other groups for that.
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012

Re: In Agent 1.91 where are the group filters?

<efbvkg5rcd5gc91kvcvh5ui3lgsfafnhbb@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2928&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#2928

From: gfretw...@aol.com
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 19:19:45 -0400
 by: gfretw...@aol.com - Sat, 25 Sep 2021 23:19 UTC

On Sat, 25 Sep 2021 19:58:03 -0300, Shadow <Sh@dow.br> wrote:

>On Sat, 25 Sep 2021 15:16:30 -0700, The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca>
>wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 26 Sep 2021 08:29:28 +1300, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid>
>>wrote:

>>>Here is how to show existing filters for a particular group.
>>
>>I'm mostly amazed you're still answering Q&A from v 1.91.
>
> I'm amazed the OP didn't install v1.93. Same size and memory
>requirements but with bug fixes.
>>
>>That's kinda like answering questions on the very first release of Win
>>XP (both 2nd / 3rd Q 2002)
>
> There are various other groups for that.
> []'s

I got this 20 years ago and as long as it works, I will keep it going.
I have 8 but I really only use it for binaries and they are getting
harder to find.

Re: In Agent 1.91 where are the group filters?

<65ovkg91bribiocngb6glte6np91juo69f@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2929&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#2929

From: tha...@surfing.com
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 21:55:25 -0500
 by: tha...@surfing.com - Sun, 26 Sep 2021 02:55 UTC

On Sat, 25 Sep 2021 19:58:03 -0300, Shadow <Sh@dow.br> wrote:

>On Sat, 25 Sep 2021 15:16:30 -0700, The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca>
>wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 26 Sep 2021 08:29:28 +1300, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid>
>>wrote:

>>>Here is how to show existing filters for a particular group.
>>
>>I'm mostly amazed you're still answering Q&A from v 1.91.
>
> I'm amazed the OP didn't install v1.93. Same size and memory
>requirements but with bug fixes.

I've been using 1.93 since it came out, and I have no idea what the
guy with the 1.91 is talking about. It's that different from 1.93?

Re: In Agent 1.91 where are the group filters?

<1jj0lgtkmfh7cb66ubpku5nel2mb4bstsb@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2930&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#2930

From: Sh...@dow.br (Shadow)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2021 07:46:35 -0300
 by: Shadow - Sun, 26 Sep 2021 10:46 UTC

On Sat, 25 Sep 2021 21:55:25 -0500, thad@surfing.com wrote:

>On Sat, 25 Sep 2021 19:58:03 -0300, Shadow <Sh@dow.br> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 25 Sep 2021 15:16:30 -0700, The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca>
>>wrote:

>>>I'm mostly amazed you're still answering Q&A from v 1.91.
>>
>> I'm amazed the OP didn't install v1.93. Same size and memory
>>requirements but with bug fixes.
>
>I've been using 1.93 since it came out, and I have no idea what the
>guy with the 1.91 is talking about. It's that different from 1.93?

I vaguely remember one of the earlier Agents phoned home with
your username and serial number. Un-surprisingly can't find any info
on that on Google(all I can find now is ads), but it was a "scandal"
at the time.
I believe v1.93 corrected that massive privacy breach.
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Google Fuchsia - 2021

Re: In Agent 1.91 where are the group filters?

<7kh1lg5crb2gu7bq4cb9tpgrheg5me5391@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2932&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#2932

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2021 12:15:03 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Sun, 26 Sep 2021 19:15 UTC

On Sat, 25 Sep 2021 21:55:25 -0500, thad@surfing.com wrote:

>On Sat, 25 Sep 2021 19:58:03 -0300, Shadow <Sh@dow.br> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 25 Sep 2021 15:16:30 -0700, The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca>
>>wrote:

>I've been using 1.93 since it came out, and I have no idea what the
>guy with the 1.91 is talking about. It's that different from 1.93?

Changes in the second digit after the decimal usually mean bug fixes
without new feature changes

Re: In Agent 1.91 where are the group filters?

<eirvog9jgacc70ut82qib17853kmjt2m46@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2969&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#2969

From: NoSpamJu...@NoSpam.com (SolutionsViaDIY)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2021 11:57:59 -0500
 by: SolutionsViaDIY - Sat, 13 Nov 2021 16:57 UTC

On Sat, 25 Sep 2021 19:19:45 -0400, gfretwell@aol.com wrote:

>On Sat, 25 Sep 2021 19:58:03 -0300, Shadow <Sh@dow.br> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 25 Sep 2021 15:16:30 -0700, The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca>
>>wrote:

>>>I'm mostly amazed you're still answering Q&A from v 1.91.
>>
>> I'm amazed the OP didn't install v1.93. Same size and memory
>>requirements but with bug fixes.
>>>
>>>That's kinda like answering questions on the very first release of Win
>>>XP (both 2nd / 3rd Q 2002)
>>
>> There are various other groups for that.
>> []'s
>
>I got this 20 years ago and as long as it works, I will keep it going.
>I have 8 but I really only use it for binaries and they are getting
>harder to find.

[De-lurking ... ]

Me, too. I've had my 1.91 for probably over 20 years, as well.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it and 1.91 works just fine.

Or, another way to say it, to each their own <g>.