Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.misc
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2021 00:45:24 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Most batteries don't work in Apple Magic Mouse
From: karmanoi...@googlemail.com (Marc Sadamme)
 by: Marc Sadamme - Mon, 5 Jul 2021 07:45 UTC

Jack Taylor schrieb am Samstag, 24. April 2021 um 20:38:50 UTC+2:
> On Saturday, 18 April 2020 at 05:26:03 UTC+1, jeremy...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I figured it out! I finally got my eneloop pros to work with my Magic Mouse!
> >
> > I too was having the same problem where my regular Eneloops were working with my Magic Mouse, but my Eneloop pros refused to work no matter what. No matter what I did, the Eneloop pros would not get that green light to turn on.
> > So I decided to have a good long hard look at the mouse and the batteries. Then the light bulb hit.
> >
> > h...@brettpeary.com was right, the nubs on the Eneloop PRO are too short. The only reason why it does not work with the Magic Mouse is because of the design. The area where the nub (positive end) is meant to go into, has a recess. This recess is too deep the nub to reach all the way in. So no matter the overall length of the AA, if the nub is too short, it isn't going to make contact because of the recess.
> >
> > I fixed this problem by filling the recess with foil. Works like a dream now.
> This just worked for me. I initially was trying to make up for the gap with foil at the negative end, didn't work. I didn't think filling the recess with foil would make a difference but it does. I'm using Amazon Rechargables (possibly rebranded Eneloops like Apples?)
The foil solution works (in my case: same odd magic mouse problem here: regular Batteries work, none of my rechargables did, making the transformation into a less consumptious world really hard), allthough the rechargables are longer:
after closer inspection it turned out: the rechargables nub is too BROAD/thick compared with the regulars. That's what it needs the foil bridge for at the positive end. Holding the mouse upright while inserting foil and batteries took only two attempts to make it all fit in and: finally work.
This kept me busy for some weeks now, trying different rechargables and borrowing neighbours chargers unwilling to buy regular batteries again …
Thanks for bringing me on the right track with the foil idea!

computers / comp.sys.mac.misc / Re: Most batteries don't work in Apple Magic Mouse