From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: What's a better replacement for the functionality that Google's Android Auto gives you?
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 18:43:03 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Tue, 29 Mar 2022 17:43 UTC

While I don't use Android Auto, in a recent thread, someone was complaining
Google dropped support for it in Android 9 (as I understand him anyway).
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.projection.gearhead>

My suggestion to that person was this (verbatime)
"I haven't ever seen yet any decent Google app which doesn't have a
better replacement (e.g., YouTube ==> NewPipe), so why not look for
a similar app (perhaps even Open Source) that does what you need?"
<https://www.android.com/auto/>

To that end, I post this thread seeking that Android Auto functionality.
<https://play.google.com/store/search?q=android+auto>

For example, is there a FOSS replacement for Android Auto functionality?
<https://source.android.com/s/results?q=android%20auto>
<https://opensource.com/article/20/12/android-auto-open-source>
<https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/release-openauto-open-source-androidauto-tm-headunit-emulator.3748563/>
--
Every thread to Usenet should expand our knowledge by combining our skills.