Entropy requires no maintenance. -- Markoff Chaney

computers / comp.mobile.android / Boost Mobile INTERCEPTED my outgoing call.

SubjectAuthor
* Boost Mobile INTERCEPTED my outgoing call.Freddy1X
+* Re: Boost Mobile INTERCEPTED my outgoing call.VanguardLH
|`- Re: Boost Mobile INTERCEPTED my outgoing call.KenW
`- Re: Boost Mobile INTERCEPTED my outgoing call.Frank Slootweg

1
Boost Mobile INTERCEPTED my outgoing call.

<V_CdndwdP6_G-d7_nZ2dnUU7-VfNnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=29704&group=comp.mobile.android#29704

From: fredd...@indyX.netX (Freddy1X)
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 15:53:42 -0400
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Boost Mobile INTERCEPTED my outgoing call.
 by: Freddy1X - Tue, 29 Mar 2022 19:53 UTC

Boost Mobile INTERCEPTED my outgoing call so that they could tell me that my
3G service was ending at the end of March. I'm irritated for multiple
reasons.

The Intercept is the big one. What if it was an emergency call I had to
make? I had to spend a few minutes talking to an 'accent' trying to tell me
why it was my problem to fix.

They give me 3 days to fix the problem. No prior messages or calls of any
sort. I thought they were into modern technology?

They then tell me at the store today that my phone won't work, for a 'small'
upgrade price, they have only TWO phones available that are too physically
large for my liking. Not to mention the extra crapware and lock-out that
will be installed.

So I have ordered something more to my liking. Wish me luck if it ships
here in time.

--
Anything less than the best can jeopardize safety.

/|>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>\|
/| I may be demented \|
/| but I'm not crazy! \|
/|<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<\|
* SPAyM trap: there is no X in my address *

Re: Boost Mobile INTERCEPTED my outgoing call.

<a0uumll1nik3$.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=29705&group=comp.mobile.android#29705

From: V...@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Boost Mobile INTERCEPTED my outgoing call.
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 15:01:44 -0500
 by: VanguardLH - Tue, 29 Mar 2022 20:01 UTC

Freddy1X wrote:

> 3G service was ending at the end of March.
>
> They then tell me at the store today that my phone won't work, for a
> 'small' upgrade price, they have only TWO phones available that are
> too physically large for my liking. Not to mention the extra
> crapware and lock-out that will be installed.

BYOP = Bring Your Own Phone

https://www.boostmobile.com/bring-your-phone.html

Maybe there is a carrier that doesn't have this, but I haven't looked at
any that didn't. I want to use the phone of my choice, not theirs. I
don't buy locked phones.

Re: Boost Mobile INTERCEPTED my outgoing call.

<tlp64h5mk1dva4eg7pfbfjg332cfkomtmb@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=29706&group=comp.mobile.android#29706

From: ken1...@invalid.net (KenW)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 14:06:49 -0600
 by: KenW - Tue, 29 Mar 2022 20:06 UTC

On Tue, 29 Mar 2022 15:01:44 -0500, VanguardLH <V@nguard.LH> wrote:

>Freddy1X wrote:
>
>> 3G service was ending at the end of March.
>>
>> They then tell me at the store today that my phone won't work, for a
>> 'small' upgrade price, they have only TWO phones available that are
>> too physically large for my liking. Not to mention the extra
>> crapware and lock-out that will be installed.
>
>BYOP = Bring Your Own Phone
>
>https://www.boostmobile.com/bring-your-phone.html
>
>Maybe there is a carrier that doesn't have this, but I haven't looked at
>any that didn't. I want to use the phone of my choice, not theirs. I
>don't buy locked phones.

I have been using 'Ting'

KenW

Re: Boost Mobile INTERCEPTED my outgoing call.

<t220db.fr4.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=29715&group=comp.mobile.android#29715

From: thi...@ddress.is.invalid (Frank Slootweg)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: 30 Mar 2022 14:27:36 GMT
 by: Frank Slootweg - Wed, 30 Mar 2022 14:27 UTC

Freddy1X <freddy1X@indyx.netx> wrote:
> Boost Mobile INTERCEPTED my outgoing call so that they could tell me that my
> 3G service was ending at the end of March.

Nah, they won't switch off 3G until half 2024!

Oh!? You meant *that* "Boost Mobile", not *that* "Boost Mobile"!? :-)

<https://boost.com.au>

<https://boost.com.au/pages/coverage>

[...]