Unix will self-destruct in five seconds... 4... 3... 2... 1...

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: Speaker Phone Enabled by Default

SubjectAuthor
* Speaker Phone Enabled by Defaultjaugustine
+* Re: Speaker Phone Enabled by DefaultVanguardLH
|`* Re: Speaker Phone Enabled by DefaultFrank Slootweg
| `- Re: Speaker Phone Enabled by DefaultAndy Burnelli
`- Re: Speaker Phone Enabled by Defaultsms

1
Speaker Phone Enabled by Default

<0jcg4hhimrphmnlgj14qbr4bakefcj1d24@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=29740&group=comp.mobile.android#29740

From: jaugust...@verizon.net
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Speaker Phone Enabled by Default
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2022 06:32:28 -0500
 by: jaugust...@verizon.net - Sat, 2 Apr 2022 11:32 UTC

Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy A11 Tracfone.

I ALWAYS turn on speaker phone when I
receive a telephone call or make a call.

I looked in the settings to see if I can
have speaker phone always turned on,
but I did not find it.

Does anyone know if that is possible?

Thank You in advance, John

Re: Speaker Phone Enabled by Default

<1eu7u9h6p9ads$.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=29741&group=comp.mobile.android#29741

From: V...@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Speaker Phone Enabled by Default
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2022 07:17:28 -0500
 by: VanguardLH - Sat, 2 Apr 2022 12:17 UTC

jaugustine wrote:

> Samsung Galaxy A11 Tracfone.
>
> I ALWAYS turn on speaker phone when I receive a telephone call or make
> a call. I looked in the settings to see if I can have speaker phone
> always turned on, but I did not find it. Does anyone know if that is
> possible?

https://mobilepains.com/why-does-android-phone-default-to-speakerphone/

That describes the opposite of not wanting automatic speakerphone mode
on picking up a call, but it hints to where there might be a setting to
control auto-switch mode.

https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-232202/

Describes the operation for your phone. Phone makers customize the
Android OS to stamp their branding on the phone. Whether that phone has
the auto-switch speakerphone settings depends on how Samsung customized
the version of Android OS they put on that phone.

https://ss7.vzw.com/is/content/VerizonWireless/Catalog%20Assets/Devices/Samsung/Galaxy%20A11/ug/samsung-galaxy-a11-a115u-en-um-tn-te5-final-web-06092020.pdf

That manual doesn't mention an auto-switch mode for speakerphone. The
first article mentions it may be a function of the dialer app you use on
the phone. Go into the Phone app's settings to see if there is an
auto-switch speakerphone option; else, you'll have to find a different
dialer app that has the option.

Re: Speaker Phone Enabled by Default

<t29tun.8ck.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=29742&group=comp.mobile.android#29742

From: thi...@ddress.is.invalid (Frank Slootweg)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: 2 Apr 2022 14:34:44 GMT
 by: Frank Slootweg - Sat, 2 Apr 2022 14:34 UTC

VanguardLH <V@nguard.lh> wrote:
> jaugustine wrote:
>
> > Samsung Galaxy A11 Tracfone.
> >
> > I ALWAYS turn on speaker phone when I receive a telephone call or make
> > a call. I looked in the settings to see if I can have speaker phone
> > always turned on, but I did not find it. Does anyone know if that is
> > possible?
>
> https://mobilepains.com/why-does-android-phone-default-to-speakerphone/
>
> That describes the opposite of not wanting automatic speakerphone mode
> on picking up a call, but it hints to where there might be a setting to
> control auto-switch mode.
>
> https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-232202/
>
> Describes the operation for your phone. Phone makers customize the
> Android OS to stamp their branding on the phone. Whether that phone has
> the auto-switch speakerphone settings depends on how Samsung customized
> the version of Android OS they put on that phone.
>
> https://ss7.vzw.com/is/content/VerizonWireless/Catalog%20Assets/Devices/Samsung/Galaxy%20A11/ug/samsung-galaxy-a11-a115u-en-um-tn-te5-final-web-06092020.pdf
>
> That manual doesn't mention an auto-switch mode for speakerphone. The
> first article mentions it may be a function of the dialer app you use on
> the phone. Go into the Phone app's settings to see if there is an
> auto-switch speakerphone option; else, you'll have to find a different
> dialer app that has the option.

Your mobilepains.com reference actually already mentions such an app -
Auto Speaker - in the '2. Enable default speakerphone via Play Store app'
section. That's probably does what John Augustine wants.

Re: Speaker Phone Enabled by Default

<t29q3j$vqh$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=29744&group=comp.mobile.android#29744

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2022 16:29:01 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sat, 2 Apr 2022 15:29 UTC

Frank Slootweg wrote:

> Your mobilepains.com reference actually already mentions such an app -
> Auto Speaker - in the '2. Enable default speakerphone via Play Store app'
> section. That's probably does what John Augustine wants.

This is why lurking is useful as I tend to use the speakerphone myself a lot
(so I looked up an app named "Auto Speaker" that Frank kindly suggested).

*Auto Speaker*, by HH Group, free, adfree, gsffree, 500K+, rated 3.4
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hanan.android.ramkol>

Below is the advertising blurb for "Auto Speaker" on Google Play...

This simple application will automatically switch speaker status on\off
during a phone call according to phone position.
It uses the proximity sensor to know if the phone is near your ear or not.

If you are using any type of headset, it will turn the speaker off,
regardless of the proximity sensor and use the headset.

Whenever you are in a call, a new "control" button appears (default location
is on the top left of the screen).
Pressing this button enables (Green icon) or disables (Red icon) the service
for the current call.
Alternatively you can use notification on the status bar instead of the
control button.
Please note that when disabling the service it will turn off the speaker.

Furthermore, the speaker button of the dialer may not indicate the current
status of the speaker (on\off), nevertheless the status is changed.

IMPORTANT:
Some devices may need to be calibrated for the app to work correctly.
See 'Calibration' option in settings if needed.

Features:
- Set default service status.
- Disable the service when phone is set to silent or vibrate (optional).
- On each call, you can change the service status for that specific call (It
does not change your dialer).
Using it will turn the speaker on if service is enabled, and off if service
is disabled.
- Set the speaker status when call starts.
- When changing to speaker, set the volume to maximum (configurable).
- Keep the screen on when speaker and/or headset is in used (optional).
- Control for speaker on\off delay (separate delay for on and off).
- Select between using control button or notification on status bar.
- Custom location of the control button.
- Custom transparency of control button.

Default setting is to turn off the speaker quickly when putting it near the
ear, but a longer delay to turn it off.
This way if you just move the phone for a second from the ear it will not
turn it on.

Re: Speaker Phone Enabled by Default

<t2ac16$ltc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=29748&group=comp.mobile.android#29748

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2022 13:34:45 -0700
 by: sms - Sat, 2 Apr 2022 20:34 UTC

On 4/2/2022 4:32 AM, jaugustine@verizon.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a Samsung Galaxy A11 Tracfone.
>
> I ALWAYS turn on speaker phone when I
> receive a telephone call or make a call.
>
> I looked in the settings to see if I can
> have speaker phone always turned on,
> but I did not find it.
>
> Does anyone know if that is possible?
>
> Thank You in advance, John
You might want to check out this app on the Play Store:
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hanan.android.ramkol>.

I tried it on my Samsung Galaxy Note 9 and it worked.

iOS has this feature built into the operating system, but not Android.