From: murph...@remove-this.telecomdigest.net (Sean Murphy)
Newsgroups: comp.dcom.telecom
Subject: CONSUMER ALERT: Customer Data from the 2021 T-Mobile Data Breach Found on the Dark Web [telecom]
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2022 10:01:04 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: news@iecc.com
 by: Sean Murphy - Fri, 4 Mar 2022 10:01 UTC

ATLANTA, GA - Attorney General Chris Carr is urging T-Mobile customers
in Georgia to protect their personal information after compromised
customer data was found on the dark web following T-Mobile's data
breach announced in August 2021. This breach may affect current,
former and prospective customers. Prospective customers include those
who began the process to enroll with T-Mobile but ultimately did not
obtain service.

"Given the broad scope of T-Mobile's data breach and news that this
compromised data has been found on the dark web, it is imperative
that current, former and prospective customers take the necessary
steps to prevent identity theft or worse," said Carr. "Our first
priority is to protect our state's consumers, and we stand ready to
assist Georgia customers to ensure their personal information is not
stolen. Georgians affected by this breach should monitor their
accounts, including their credit, and take all other necessary
measures to keep their data safe from fraudsters and thieves."

https://law.georgia.gov/press-releases/2022-03-03/consumer-alert-customer-data-2021-t-mobile-data-breach-found-dark-web