From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: How long does Hotspot stay on.
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2022 22:47:50 +0300
 by: micky - Tue, 5 Apr 2022 19:47 UTC

Everytime I want to use the laptop and internet, I turn on Hotspot on
the phone, and the next time, it's off. That's good, because I don't
want to waste phone battery power for 21 hours a day when I'm not using
the lapotp, but what are the rules?

Does the phone know if something is using the hotspot? Does it turn
off Hotspot if no one uses it for.... 5 minuets, 30 minutes?

Of is there some other way the phone decides to turn it off.

Re: How long does Hotspot stay on.

<6vdq4hh8dn2rdhp384716u5p6ic4covvmf@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=29893&group=comp.mobile.android#29893

From: -rf-...@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: How long does Hotspot stay on.
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2022 18:57:50 +1200
 by: Ralph Fox - Wed, 6 Apr 2022 06:57 UTC

On Tue, 05 Apr 2022 22:47:50 +0300, micky wrote:

> Everytime I want to use the laptop and internet, I turn on Hotspot on
> the phone, and the next time, it's off. That's good, because I don't
> want to waste phone battery power for 21 hours a day when I'm not using
> the lapotp, but what are the rules?
>
> Does the phone know if something is using the hotspot? Does it turn
> off Hotspot if no one uses it for.... 5 minuets, 30 minutes?
>
> Of is there some other way the phone decides to turn it off.

My OPPO phone has a setting for this, at:

"Settings >> Connection & Sharing >> Personal Hotspot"

This setting is an on/off setting which says:

Automatically turn off personal
hotspot when idle
When no device is connected for 10 minutes

YMMV.

--
Kind regards
Ralph

πŸ“±πŸ“Άβ³πŸ“΄

Re: How long does Hotspot stay on.

<phpq4hlic40hla1o6fk29gvc0beo9o7d23@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=29895&group=comp.mobile.android#29895

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2022 13:09:09 +0300
 by: micky - Wed, 6 Apr 2022 10:09 UTC

In comp.mobile.android, on Wed, 06 Apr 2022 18:57:50 +1200, Ralph Fox
<-rf-nz-@-.invalid> wrote:

>On Tue, 05 Apr 2022 22:47:50 +0300, micky wrote:
>
>> Everytime I want to use the laptop and internet, I turn on Hotspot on
>> the phone, and the next time, it's off. That's good, because I don't
>> want to waste phone battery power for 21 hours a day when I'm not using
>> the lapotp, but what are the rules?
>>
>> Does the phone know if something is using the hotspot? Does it turn
>> off Hotspot if no one uses it for.... 5 minuets, 30 minutes?
>>
>> Of is there some other way the phone decides to turn it off.
>

>My OPPO phone has a setting for this, at:
>
> "Settings >> Connection & Sharing >> Personal Hotspot"
>
>This setting is an on/off setting which says:
>
> Automatically turn off personal
> hotspot when idle
> When no device is connected for 10 minutes
>
>YMMV.

This must be one of those cases where having a more expensive phone
gives you more options. I have a hotspot section but it only has 4 yea
or no choices, none about turning off, but what you wrote is clear
enough. Turn off when idle, when no device is connected for 10 minutes.

A reasonable setting/ Enought time to restart windows, for example. Or
to open the laptop and start windows, if I actaully remember to turn the
hotspot on first.

Tnx.