From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Strange logo in status bar at top
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2022 13:35:16 +0300
 by: micky - Wed, 6 Apr 2022 10:35 UTC

After I got Mobile Data set back on yesterday, it worked for a few
hours. then my zoom session became unstable and then the web wouldn't
work at all.

Today I checked and this was true of the phone too, not just the laptop
that uses its hotspot.

I uninstalled several apps, but mostly the two VPNs that didn't work for
me. Neither was supposed to be running. and afaict they weren't, I
went to the app, opened it, and the option to Connect was showing, no
option to Disconnect, which always shows up when connnected. So it
seemed I was not connected throught this VPN. BUT!!! there was an icon
very similar to VPN Super, which is a key with the nandle on the left
and the old-fashioned teeth pointing down, and that icon was both in the
left and the right side of the top line of the phone's screen, which
seems to mean it's running. I don't know how the phone/laptop worked
fine for hours and then stopped.

So I unistalled both unused VPN's but that didn't make the web work, so
I restarted the phone, and now everything is working fine again, BUT the
logo that looks like VPN Super is still in the upper right part of the
screen (but no longer in the upper left) even though the app is deleted.
I went through all the other apps I have and none in the list of Apps in
settings had a logo like a key.

Re: Strange logo in status bar at top

<3f2r4h1d8jht9qinriljapkv0beks4h7hq@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=29905&group=comp.mobile.android#29905

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Strange logo in status bar at top
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2022 15:41:34 +0300
 by: micky - Wed, 6 Apr 2022 12:41 UTC

In comp.mobile.android, on Wed, 06 Apr 2022 13:35:16 +0300, micky
<NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote:

>After I got Mobile Data set back on yesterday, it worked for a few
>hours. then my zoom session became unstable and then the web wouldn't
>work at all.
>
>Today I checked and this was true of the phone too, not just the laptop
>that uses its hotspot.
>
>I uninstalled several apps, but mostly the two VPNs that didn't work for
>me. Neither was supposed to be running. and afaict they weren't, I
>went to the app, opened it, and the option to Connect was showing, no
>option to Disconnect, which always shows up when connnected. So it
>seemed I was not connected throught this VPN. BUT!!! there was an icon
>very similar to VPN Super, which is a key with the nandle on the left
>and the old-fashioned teeth pointing down, and that icon was both in the
>left and the right side of the top line of the phone's screen, which
>seems to mean it's running. I don't know how the phone/laptop worked
>fine for hours and then stopped.
>
>So I unistalled both unused VPN's but that didn't make the web work, so
>I restarted the phone, and now everything is working fine again, BUT the
>logo that looks like VPN Super is still in the upper right part of the
>screen (but no longer in the upper left) even though the app is deleted.
>I went through all the other apps I have and none in the list of Apps in
>settings had a logo like a key.

It finally disappeared, but it was in the status line for at least 30
minutes after I uninstalled the app and restarted the phone. How
strange!!!

Re: Strange logo in status bar at top

<24o2ii-ug.ln1@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=30019&group=comp.mobile.android#30019

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2022 11:39:46 +0200
 by: Carlos E.R. - Thu, 7 Apr 2022 09:39 UTC

On 2022-04-06 14:41, micky wrote:
> In comp.mobile.android, on Wed, 06 Apr 2022 13:35:16 +0300, micky
> <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote:
>

>> After I got Mobile Data set back on yesterday, it worked for a few
>> hours. then my zoom session became unstable and then the web wouldn't
>> work at all.
>>
>> Today I checked and this was true of the phone too, not just the laptop
>> that uses its hotspot.
>>
>> I uninstalled several apps, but mostly the two VPNs that didn't work for
>> me. Neither was supposed to be running. and afaict they weren't, I
>> went to the app, opened it, and the option to Connect was showing, no
>> option to Disconnect, which always shows up when connnected. So it
>> seemed I was not connected throught this VPN. BUT!!! there was an icon
>> very similar to VPN Super, which is a key with the nandle on the left
>> and the old-fashioned teeth pointing down, and that icon was both in the
>> left and the right side of the top line of the phone's screen, which
>> seems to mean it's running. I don't know how the phone/laptop worked
>> fine for hours and then stopped.
>>
>> So I unistalled both unused VPN's but that didn't make the web work, so
>> I restarted the phone, and now everything is working fine again, BUT the
>> logo that looks like VPN Super is still in the upper right part of the
>> screen (but no longer in the upper left) even though the app is deleted.
>> I went through all the other apps I have and none in the list of Apps in
>> settings had a logo like a key.
>
> It finally disappeared, but it was in the status line for at least 30
> minutes after I uninstalled the app and restarted the phone. How
> strange!!!

It would help if you took a screenshot and upload somewhere.

--
Cheers, Carlos.