In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

computers / comp.sys.unisys / Re: OS2200 Express TIP and DPS.

SubjectAuthor
* Re: OS2200 Express TIP and DPS.Einar Flaathe
`* Re: OS2200 Express TIP and DPS.Einar Flaathe
 `* Re: OS2200 Express TIP and DPS.Einar Flaathe
  `* Re: OS2200 Express TIP and DPS.Scott Lurndal
   `* Re: OS2200 Express TIP and DPS.Einar Flaathe
    `- Re: OS2200 Express TIP and DPS.Einar Flaathe

1
Re: OS2200 Express TIP and DPS.

<2dde8a06-6eaa-4b34-87e1-ed4648839837n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=290&group=comp.sys.unisys#290

Newsgroups: comp.sys.unisys
Date: Mon, 8 May 2023 10:15:30 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: OS2200 Express TIP and DPS.
From: einar.a....@gmail.com (Einar Flaathe)
 by: Einar Flaathe - Mon, 8 May 2023 17:15 UTC

On Friday, 13 July 2018 at 15:37:03 UTC+2, seumas...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, April 2, 2018 at 7:24:10 PM UTC-4, Stephen Fuld wrote:

> > > I'll admit this is not particularly helpful in your case, but I very much prefer Qterm to InfoConnect - basically because it is so much easier to configure.
> >

> > You probably could use either Qterm or Infoconnect, but I can't help you
> > with with configuring either.
> >

> > --
> > - Stephen Fuld
> > (e-mail address disguised to prevent spam)
> Stephen,
> Thanks, I actually was able to get Infoconnect configured and it does work. I can now run some DPS transactions. It seems that some things may not be working. When I try some paging functions like D$STORE, I get DPS error 2 - I/O error on TERMINAL file. I tried re-initializing with DPSIF but no luck. Any ideas? - Thanks, Jim

Need help configuring INFOConnect on ClearPath OS 2200 Express.
I am new to PS2200…

I have started CPCOMM and SILAS, and I can connect to PS2200 using PuTTY and Windows Telnet client.

But the OS 2200 configuration is probably not complete either, $$OPEN, TAPS? – need help here too.
I only intend to use INFOConnect in Demand mode.

After completing the New Session Wizard and running INFOConnect
I get: SESSION PATH CLOSED.
Pg=1 Row= 2 Col= 2 NOPO
(and on the status bar: Session has been established)

Here follows my answers in INFOConnect path wizard:

Click the Connection type to be used with this path
I chose: INT-1 (INT-1 Open Transport Access to OS 1100)

Click the type of device the PC emulates
I chose: UTS60

Type the $$OPEN of the host application or operating mode to access using this path
or click a name from the list box (Environment)

Don’t know what to specify here!
I typed PS2200 and ticked Auto-Connect.

Type the name of the actual host application or operating mode.
This name may be identical as the name you used as the environment name ($$OPEN name).
Type any characters that the PC should send to the host at connection time. (Such as ^ to run MAPPER).

I again typed PS2200 as the Application and left the Initial transaction empty.

As the Authentication method I chose: Userid/Password

Type the name to use to identify a new host connection or click an existing host connection from the
List of connection names.

Link to: – I chose: Internal connection. And for Connection name: PS2200

Click the option that indicates how you connect to the host
For a DCP in IP router mode or HLC type the Transport Service Access Point (TSAP).

I chose Connection type: HLC and TSAP: PS2200 (which I know must be wrong).

IP address or host domain name: 127.0.0.3

This created a New path name: INT-! and a New path description INT-1 using PS2200 on UTS60) = T123

And my answer to What type of file transfer would you like to use? Was None..

This is probably asking allot so I will appreciate any help I can get!

Best regards,
Einar

Re: OS2200 Express TIP and DPS.

<6c4831fb-6373-452b-8f72-c56cdf80b414n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=292&group=comp.sys.unisys#292

Newsgroups: comp.sys.unisys
Date: Mon, 8 May 2023 13:56:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: einar.a....@gmail.com (Einar Flaathe)
 by: Einar Flaathe - Mon, 8 May 2023 20:56 UTC

On Monday, 8 May 2023 at 19:15:31 UTC+2, Einar Flaathe wrote:
> On Friday, 13 July 2018 at 15:37:03 UTC+2, seumas...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > You probably could use either Qterm or Infoconnect, but I can't help you
> > > with with configuring either.
> > >

> > > --
> > > - Stephen Fuld
> > > (e-mail address disguised to prevent spam)
> > Stephen,
> > Thanks, I actually was able to get Infoconnect configured and it does work. I can now run some DPS transactions. It seems that some things may not be working. When I try some paging functions like D$STORE, I get DPS error 2 - I/O error on TERMINAL file. I tried re-initializing with DPSIF but no luck. Any ideas? - Thanks, Jim
> Need help configuring INFOConnect on ClearPath OS 2200 Express.
> I am new to PS2200…
>
> I have started CPCOMM and SILAS, and I can connect to PS2200 using PuTTY and Windows Telnet client.
>
> But the OS 2200 configuration is probably not complete either, $$OPEN, TAPS? – need help here too.
> I only intend to use INFOConnect in Demand mode.
>
> After completing the New Session Wizard and running INFOConnect
> I get: SESSION PATH CLOSED.
> Pg=1 Row= 2 Col= 2 NOPO
> (and on the status bar: Session has been established)
>
> Here follows my answers in INFOConnect path wizard:
>
> Click the Connection type to be used with this path
> I chose: INT-1 (INT-1 Open Transport Access to OS 1100)
>
> Click the type of device the PC emulates
> I chose: UTS60
>
> Type the $$OPEN of the host application or operating mode to access using this path
> or click a name from the list box (Environment)
>
> Don’t know what to specify here!
> I typed PS2200 and ticked Auto-Connect.
>
> Type the name of the actual host application or operating mode.
> This name may be identical as the name you used as the environment name ($$OPEN name).
> Type any characters that the PC should send to the host at connection time. (Such as ^ to run MAPPER).
>
> I again typed PS2200 as the Application and left the Initial transaction empty.
>
> As the Authentication method I chose: Userid/Password
>
> Type the name to use to identify a new host connection or click an existing host connection from the
> List of connection names.
>
> Link to: – I chose: Internal connection. And for Connection name: PS2200
>
> Click the option that indicates how you connect to the host
> For a DCP in IP router mode or HLC type the Transport Service Access Point (TSAP).
>
> I chose Connection type: HLC and TSAP: PS2200 (which I know must be wrong).
>
> IP address or host domain name: 127.0.0.3
>
> This created a New path name: INT-! and a New path description INT-1 using PS2200 on UTS60) = T123
>
> And my answer to What type of file transfer would you like to use? Was None.
>
> This is probably asking allot so I will appreciate any help I can get!
>
> Best regards,
> Einar

I'm getting the this even when PS2200 is not running!
SESSION PATH CLOSED.
Pg=1 Row= 2 Col= 2 NOPO
(and on the status bar: Session has been established)

Einar

Re: OS2200 Express TIP and DPS.

<562e785b-ce7f-4646-b12d-d25431af9f1bn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=297&group=comp.sys.unisys#297

Newsgroups: comp.sys.unisys
Date: Wed, 10 May 2023 11:18:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: einar.a....@gmail.com (Einar Flaathe)
 by: Einar Flaathe - Wed, 10 May 2023 18:18 UTC

On Monday, 8 May 2023 at 22:56:47 UTC+2, Einar Flaathe wrote:
> On Monday, 8 May 2023 at 19:15:31 UTC+2, Einar Flaathe wrote:

> > > Stephen,
> > > Thanks, I actually was able to get Infoconnect configured and it does work. I can now run some DPS transactions. It seems that some things may not be working. When I try some paging functions like D$STORE, I get DPS error 2 - I/O error on TERMINAL file. I tried re-initializing with DPSIF but no luck. Any ideas? - Thanks, Jim
> > Need help configuring INFOConnect on ClearPath OS 2200 Express.
> > I am new to PS2200…
> >
> > I have started CPCOMM and SILAS, and I can connect to PS2200 using PuTTY and Windows Telnet client.
> >
> > But the OS 2200 configuration is probably not complete either, $$OPEN, TAPS? – need help here too.
> > I only intend to use INFOConnect in Demand mode.
> >
> > After completing the New Session Wizard and running INFOConnect
> > I get: SESSION PATH CLOSED.
> > Pg=1 Row= 2 Col= 2 NOPO
> > (and on the status bar: Session has been established)
> >
> > Here follows my answers in INFOConnect path wizard:
> >
> > Click the Connection type to be used with this path
> > I chose: INT-1 (INT-1 Open Transport Access to OS 1100)
> >
> > Click the type of device the PC emulates
> > I chose: UTS60
> >
> > Type the $$OPEN of the host application or operating mode to access using this path
> > or click a name from the list box (Environment)
> >
> > Don’t know what to specify here!
> > I typed PS2200 and ticked Auto-Connect.
> >
> > Type the name of the actual host application or operating mode.
> > This name may be identical as the name you used as the environment name ($$OPEN name).
> > Type any characters that the PC should send to the host at connection time. (Such as ^ to run MAPPER).
> >
> > I again typed PS2200 as the Application and left the Initial transaction empty.
> >
> > As the Authentication method I chose: Userid/Password
> >
> > Type the name to use to identify a new host connection or click an existing host connection from the
> > List of connection names.
> >
> > Link to: – I chose: Internal connection. And for Connection name: PS2200
> >
> > Click the option that indicates how you connect to the host
> > For a DCP in IP router mode or HLC type the Transport Service Access Point (TSAP).
> >
> > I chose Connection type: HLC and TSAP: PS2200 (which I know must be wrong).
> >
> > IP address or host domain name: 127.0.0.3
> >
> > This created a New path name: INT-! and a New path description INT-1 using PS2200 on UTS60) = T123
> >
> > And my answer to What type of file transfer would you like to use? Was None.
> >
> > This is probably asking allot so I will appreciate any help I can get!
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Einar
> I'm getting the this even when PS2200 is not running!
> SESSION PATH CLOSED.
> Pg=1 Row= 2 Col= 2 NOPO
> (and on the status bar: Session has been established)
> Einar

How do I add attachments to my post???
================================I would have wanted to attach the following two files:

Install and Config of INFOConn with UTS.docx
INT1_1.ADP.docx

I have De- and Re-installed INFOConnect, and now it's different:

The "INFOConnect Connectivity Service" complains.

Invalid parameter received...
Application Window: Unknown
PathID: INT_1
ICS Component: INFOConnect
Error number: S - 4

And the "Attachmate Accessory Manager - INT1_1" : has the following text.

*NETWORK OPEN REQUEST FAILED: PATH TO DESTINATION IS DOWN* *NETWORK OPEN REQUEST
FAILED: VERIFY OPEN-ID AND REENTER*

Einar

Re: OS2200 Express TIP and DPS.

<eoT6M.80831$qjm2.51980@fx09.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=298&group=comp.sys.unisys#298

Sender: scott@dragon.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
From: sco...@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.unisys
References: <7d5db9cb-11de-4e3f-984b-1d6618323c47@googlegroups.com> <5f34d63c-6cad-4594-b755-95495b2402a3@googlegroups.com> <3f2614dc-80e5-4209-bdbf-bd6ec9240c4c@googlegroups.com> <d1bfcb75-a280-45d8-bd7b-899142cf8f61@googlegroups.com> <p9ue2p$sp9$1@dont-email.me> <7ae0b4fd-9da9-4b30-aa7f-2133a5329e36@googlegroups.com> <2dde8a06-6eaa-4b34-87e1-ed4648839837n@googlegroups.com> <6c4831fb-6373-452b-8f72-c56cdf80b414n@googlegroups.com> <562e785b-ce7f-4646-b12d-d25431af9f1bn@googlegroups.com>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2023 20:46:02 GMT
 by: Scott Lurndal - Wed, 10 May 2023 20:46 UTC

Einar Flaathe <einar.a.flaathe@gmail.com> writes:
>On Monday, 8 May 2023 at 22:56:47 UTC+2, Einar Flaathe wrote:

>How do I add attachments to my post???

You generally cannot. Note that google groups is acting
as a Usenet client in this case.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet

If you were using a real Usenet client (e.g. pan or thunderbird),
you'd have the ability to post attachments, but many Usenet servers
won't accept attachments outside of the alt. hierarchy.

Re: OS2200 Express TIP and DPS.

<996c349b-2d7f-43b0-87d1-7964d82681b9n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=299&group=comp.sys.unisys#299

Newsgroups: comp.sys.unisys
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 03:22:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: einar.a....@gmail.com (Einar Flaathe)
 by: Einar Flaathe - Thu, 11 May 2023 10:22 UTC

On Wednesday, 10 May 2023 at 22:46:05 UTC+2, Scott Lurndal wrote:
> Einar Flaathe <einar.a...@gmail.com> writes:
> >On Monday, 8 May 2023 at 22:56:47 UTC+2, Einar Flaathe wrote:
>
> >How do I add attachments to my post???
> You generally cannot. Note that google groups is acting
> as a Usenet client in this case.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet
>
> If you were using a real Usenet client (e.g. pan or thunderbird),
> you'd have the ability to post attachments, but many Usenet servers
> won't accept attachments outside of the alt. hierarchy.

Thank you Scott for your reply!

I thought it was possible to submit attachments because:
"Search conversations within comp.sys.unisys..."
has tick box: "Has an attachment".

Einar

Re: OS2200 Express TIP and DPS.

<cbba1827-d009-4a66-b64e-f7d03843e38en@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=304&group=comp.sys.unisys#304

Newsgroups: comp.sys.unisys
Date: Sat, 13 May 2023 09:37:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: einar.a....@gmail.com (Einar Flaathe)
 by: Einar Flaathe - Sat, 13 May 2023 16:37 UTC

On Thursday, 11 May 2023 at 12:22:18 UTC+2, Einar Flaathe wrote:
> On Wednesday, 10 May 2023 at 22:46:05 UTC+2, Scott Lurndal wrote:
> > Einar Flaathe <einar.a...@gmail.com> writes:
> > >On Monday, 8 May 2023 at 22:56:47 UTC+2, Einar Flaathe wrote:
> >
> > >How do I add attachments to my post???
> > You generally cannot. Note that google groups is acting
> > as a Usenet client in this case.
> >
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet
> >
> > If you were using a real Usenet client (e.g. pan or thunderbird),
> > you'd have the ability to post attachments, but many Usenet servers
> > won't accept attachments outside of the alt. hierarchy.
> Thank you Scott for your reply!
>
> I thought it was possible to submit attachments because:
> "Search conversations within comp.sys.unisys..."
> has tick box: "Has an attachment".
>
> Einar

I have now been able to get INFOConnect configured!
I can now run an UTS session in DEMAND mode to PS2200 - through SILAS and CPComm

Attachmate Accessory Manager:

Enter your user-id/password and clearance level:

*UNISYS 1100 Operating System Level 49R4.30PSE (RSI)*
Current session number: 223
Previous session was: SAT 13 MAY 2023 17:55:56 CEST
@run ps2200,0,ps2200
DATE: 2023-05-13 TIME: 18:01:19 CEST
@fin
RUNID: PS2200 ACCT: 0 PROJECT: PS2200
SITE: T456 USERID: SECURITY SYSTEM: 49R4.30PSE
PS2200 FIN
DEVICE USAGE: REQUESTS TRANSFERRED
DISK: 3 3584 WORDS
TAPE: 0 0 WORDS
MAX TAPES ASG: 0
RESOURCE WAIT: 00:00:00
MEMORY USAGE: 0 PAGE-SECONDS
MAX MEMORY: 0 PAGES
TIME: TOTAL: 00:00:00.320 ELAPSED: 00:02:11
CPU: 00:00:00.000 I/O: 00:00:00.000
CC/ER: 00:00:00.320 WAIT: 00:02:11.802
SUAS USED: 0.00 SUAS REMAINING: 10000.00
IMAGES READ: 3 PAGES: 1
START: 2023-05-13 18:01:19 CEST FIN: 2023-05-13 18:03:31 CEST
*TERMINAL INACTIVE*

ROS Console:

SILASD*TIPCSU is attached to the TP0 interface.
EXP:179704 PART-1 49R4.30PSE 2023-05-13 18:00:11 CEST
RSI SILASD T456 - ACTV
PS2200/T456 START
PS2200 FIN
Command:

Here follows my setup with the INFOConnect path wizard:

Click the type of device the PC emulates.

Device Type:
UTS60

Type a unique Terminal Identifier to use for the path, as
well as any character(s) that the PC should send to the
host at connection time or to receive the Terminal
Identifier from the MCS ID Manager, choose the ID
Manager option and configure ID Manager

Terminal ID:
T456
Use ID Manager:

Initial Transaction:

Type a name to identify this set on INT! environments and
related options (up to 15 characters) and select a channel
from the list
For example, you could type INT1, the name of the host, or
any other name.

Channel:
INT1

Type the $$OPEN of the host application or
operating mode to access using this path or click a name
from the list box.

Select Auto-Connect to connect to the host automatically
when you open a session that opens this path

Environment:
RSDCSU
Auto-Connect:
ticked

Type the name of the actual host application or operating
mode. This name may be identical as the name you used
as the environment name ($$OPEN name).

Type any characters that the PC should send to the host
at connection time. (Such as ^ to run MAPPER).

Application:
RSDCSU
Initial transaction:

Authentication method

Userid/Password

Type the name to use to identify a new host connection or
click an existing host connection from the List of connection
names.

Link to:
Internal connection.
Connection name:
DEFAULT

Click the option that indicates how you connect to the
Host.

For a DCP in IP router mode or HLC type the Transport
Service Access Point (TSAP).

Connection type:
HLC
TSAP:
RSDCSU

IP address or host domain name:

127.0.0.3

This created a

New path name:
INT1_2
New path description:
INT-1 using RSDCSU on UTS60) = T456

N.B.
If you ‘re connecting to a Host LAN Controller (HLC) or to a Distribyted Processor (DCP) in IP router mode, you must
Type a TSAP in the TSAP text box (such as TIPCSU for TIP connections. RSDCSU for Demand connections)-
The TSAP cannot ecceed 32 characters.

The version of ÍNFOConnect that I am using (Enterprise 7.5) is for Windows 2000/XP.
But it worked fine on Windows 10 and MCP Express, and
now also on OS 2200 Express!

Since *.hlp files are not supported on Windows 10 I downloaded and installed a Fast fix from:
https://iristech.co/winhlp32-exe-on-windows-10/

INFOConnect has allot of *,hlp files, and accessing them made it easier …

Einar