From: malQRMas...@gmail.com (Bill Horne)
Newsgroups: comp.dcom.telecom
Subject: I've Dealt With Foreign Cyberattacks. America Isn't Ready for What's Coming. [telecom]
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2022 15:09:02 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: news@iecc.com
 by: Bill Horne - Fri, 4 Mar 2022 15:09 UTC

By Glenn S. Gerstell

As Russian missiles rain on Ukraine, there's another battle brewing --
in the cybersphere. Destructive malware has flooded hundreds of
Ukrainian websites and computers since Vladimir Putin announced his
invasion. It would be a mistake to assume such attacks will remain
limited to Ukrainian targets.

Last week President Biden warned Mr. Putin against Russian
cyberattacks on United States critical infrastructure. But American
businesses aren't ready for a war in cyberspace. Although Mr. Biden
designated the Department of Homeland Security to lead what he vowed
would be a forceful response to any such aggression, this isn't
enough. The D.H.S. doesn't have the legal authority to order the
private sector to follow its lead. More broadly, the federal
government, even if warned by companies like Microsoft of incoming
cyberattacks, doesn't have the necessary infrastructure in place to
protect American businesses from many of these attacks.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/04/opinion/ive-dealt-with-foreign-cyberattacks-america-isnt-ready-for-whats-coming.html

--
(Please remove QRM from my email address to write to me directly)

computers / comp.dcom.telecom / I've Dealt With Foreign Cyberattacks. America Isn't Ready for What's Coming. [telecom]