You mean you didn't *know* she was off making lots of little phone companies?

computers / comp.mobile.ipad / Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incompetence is at the fore?

SubjectAuthor
* POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incompetWally J
+* Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15candycanearter07
|+- Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15Alan
|`* Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incoWally J
| `- Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhoneJolly Roger
+* Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incobadgolferman
|+* Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incoQuellen
||+- Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15Alan
||`- Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15Alan
|+* Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incobadgolferman
||+* Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhoneJolly Roger
|||`* Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incoWally J
||| `* Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15Alan
|||  `* Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15candycanearter07
|||   +- Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15Alan
|||   +* Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incoDorper
|||   |+* Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that theirbadgolferman
|||   ||`* Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incoPatrick
|||   || `- Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhoneJolly Roger
|||   |+* Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhoneJolly Roger
|||   ||`* Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that theirbadgolferman
|||   || +- Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhoneJolly Roger
|||   || `* Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15sms
|||   ||  `- Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhoneJolly Roger
|||   |`- Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incoWally J
|||   `- Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhoneJolly Roger
||`- Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15sms
|`- Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15Alan
+- Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15Alan
+- Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15Ed Cryer
`* Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incoWally J
 `* Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhoneJolly Roger
  `- Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incoWally J

Pages:12
Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incompetence is at the fore?

<uf7veh$lhts$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2803&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2803

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15
design incompetence is at the fore?
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 18:59:45 -0700
 by: sms - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 01:59 UTC

On 9/29/2023 5:47 PM, badgolferman wrote:

<snip>

> They must be holding it the right way…

It is true that not everyone is experiencing the heating issue, or are
experiencing it but are not aware of it.

There are multiple reasons for this. Some users put their phones in a
case as soon as they receive it. The likely reason that some people are
experiencing it and some people are not is because the chips inside the
phone are not all exactly the same. The Qualcomm x70 modem and the Apple
A17 Bionic chips will vary in their TDP because that's just the way they
come out of the fab.

--
“If you are not an expert on a subject, then your opinions about it
really do matter less than the opinions of experts. It's not

Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incompetence is at the fore?

<knphggF39egU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2804&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2804

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone
15 design incompetence is at the fore?
Date: 30 Sep 2023 03:03:44 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 03:03 UTC

On 2023-09-30, sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:
> On 9/29/2023 5:47 PM, badgolferman wrote:
>
><snip>
>
>> They must be holding it the right way…
>
> It is true that not everyone is experiencing the heating issue, or are
> experiencing it but are not aware of it.
>
> There are multiple reasons for this. Some users put their phones in a
> case as soon as they receive it. The likely reason that some people
> are experiencing it and some people are not is because the chips
> inside the phone are not all exactly the same.

Laughable nonsense. Apple is *well-known* in the industry for having
tighter binning requirements than its competitors. A *much* more likely
explanation is a software glitch.

JR

Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incompetence is at the fore?

<ufa7qf$3g4hr$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2821&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2821

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incompetence is at the fore?
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 18:34:55 -0400
 by: Wally J - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 22:34 UTC

Wally J <walterjones@invalid.nospam> wrote

> d. Will Apple come clean (for once) & recall/fix the affected iPhones?

I have clearly claimed that Apple themselves told us what the problem is.
*Apple did not sufficiently test the iPhone 15 on iOS 17 before selling it*
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/YKdktNAV7vY>

For the intelligent adults on this newsgroup, I must point out that the
mere fact Apple stooped so low as to sleazily blame pretty much everything
that they possibly could think of to blame, that the real problem is far
more embarrassing to Apple - than Apple is currently publicly stating...
.... which - I predict - we'll find out over time...

e. So a new option is that Apple will lie about what the true cause is.

Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incompetence is at the fore?

<ufa8bk$3g5f7$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2823&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2823

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 18:44:04 -0400
 by: Wally J - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 22:44 UTC

Dorper <usenet@dorper.me> wrote

> There is a difference between a defective unit (a monitor with dead pixels, a
> charger that doesn't work) and a defective product (Galaxy Note 7, BlackBerry
> Storm). A defective unit is where undesired effects occur that typically do
> not occur in the majority of units. A defective product is where undesired,
> *unintentional* effects occur in a large % of units. If the effect is known
> before release and is acceptable by the manufacturer, that just means the
> product has a weakness (a poor product).

And yet, it's Apple who blamed everything Apple could possibly think of.

Which is why intelligent adults (e.g., badgolferman and I for example),
have opined that Apple is hiding something among a confusing smoke cloud.

I suspect, based on the fact Apple blamed everything they could think of to
blame, that the real problem is _hidden_ among one of those many things.

Most likely Apple royally fucked up in the IPhone 15 hardware design.

Apple is likely scared to death to admit how badly they fucked up the
design so what Apple seems to be doing is trying to hide it in a cloud of
smoke - by blaming everything possible for why iPhones are oveheating.

But time will tell.

Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incompetence is at the fore?

<knrmveFdsn5U3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2826&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2826

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
15 design incompetence is at the fore?
Date: 30 Sep 2023 22:49:18 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 22:49 UTC

On 2023-09-30, Wally J <walterjones@invalid.nospam> wrote:
> Wally J <walterjones@invalid.nospam> wrote
>
>> d. Will Apple come clean (for once) & recall/fix the affected iPhones?
>
> I have clearly claimed that Apple themselves told us what the problem is.

You have lied across the board.

You're a loser.

JR

Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incompetence is at the fore?

<ufchag$3odp5$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2862&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2862

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2023 15:29:21 -0400
 by: Wally J - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 19:29 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote

> You're a loser.

Here's what happened... which is why Jolly Roger hates me.

1. Apple designed a defective iPhone 15 & sold it to consumers untested.
2. The shit hit the fan when those untested defective iPhones overheated.
3. Apple finally tested them and blamed a plethora of reasons for that.

Because of those facts... Jolly Roger declares me... a loser.
WTF?

Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incompetence is at the fore?

<ufkif1$ggk2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2998&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2998

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2023 16:37:54 -0400
 by: Wally J - Wed, 4 Oct 2023 20:37 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote

> Apple never wrote "long-term performance reduction".

Ah, but they did. I already cited those exact words, Jolly Roger.
However, I'll note that your _first_ response to all facts about Apple
products that you hate - is - to deny that any facts can exist.

So that's step 1 of your 7-step process of denying all Apple facts.
(I know what you'll do in step 2 since I know you better than you do.)

> Those are *your*
> words, and you are the true weasel here.

Normally you use the insulting as your last step, Jolly Roger.
So you skipped six steps in your desperation to deny all facts about Apple
products.

I know you iKooks better than you do.
You _hate_ all facts about Apple products.

But you don't own the adult cognitive skills to realize that fact.
Yet.

>> B. There should not be a *top performance reduction*
>
> Apple never wrote "top performance reduction".

Again, I cited where Apple said that.
You being ignorant of the facts doesn't change that they're facts.

You will deny _every_ fact about Apple products that you don't like.
So it's merely step 1 in your process of avoiding all facts about Apple.

> Those are *your* words,
> and you are the true weasel here.

Nope. Apple said them. They're a matter of public record.
You just don't _like_ what Apple said, Jolly Roger.

Just like you don't like that Apple said they only fully support one
release. For years you've lied about Apple's support Jolly Roger.

You hate me because I tell you facts about Apple that you hate.
So be it.

>> C. There won't be an *A17 Pro chip performance reduction* etc.
>
> Apple never wrote "A17 Pro chip performance reduction". Those are *your*
> words, and you are the true weasel here.

Yet again, those are verbatim cut-and-paste from the Apple statement.
What you _hate_, Jolly Roger, is all facts about Apple products.

Your _first_ step in "protecting" yourself from facts is to deny that any
facts exist about Apple products. That's what you're doing here, JR.

So be it.
You only have 7 responses to all facts about Apple that you hate.

You used up two of them already.
1. You deny all facts about Apple can exist.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7. You try to make facts disappear by insulting the bearer of facts.

> Your trolling is weak, old fart.

You call all facts you hate about Apple, "trolling", JR.
Do you know why you do that?

I do.

You hate me, Jolly Roger... *because you fear me*.
You fear that I present facts about Apple products that you hate.

You fear all facts about Apple products, Jolly Roger. Don't you.

So be it.

You fear anyone who informs you of the truth about Apple products.

Your entire goal in life - is to remain ignorant of the truth.
By me bringing the truth to you - I ruin your pleasant life.

So be it.

My goal is to bring an adult conversation to these child-like Apple
newsgroups in terms of the truth behind what Apple says & what they do.

What's no longer shocking is how deathly afraid low-IQ uneducated ignorant
religious-zealot iKooks are of the simple truths about Apple products.

a. Apple fucked up with the design of the defective iPhone 15 product line;
b. Worse, Apple forgot to test that defective iPhone 15 product line;
c. When Apple was forced to test the defective iPhone 15 product line,
Apple found multiple and rather embarrassingly diverse causative bugs.

Even worse... while Apple was forced to admit the defective iPhones are
overheating, Apple has blamed everyone but Apple for the defective iPhones.

That's the truth, right?
*Why are you so deathly _afraid_ of those simple truths, Jolly Roger?*

What is going to be interesting, for adults to ponder, is how Apple reduced
performance since we know Apple's lawyers have already couched that fact.

A. Apple publicly said they'll try to limit the *long-term* impact;
B. Apple said they'll try to not limit the *top performance* impact;
C. And Apple said there won't be an *A17 Pro chip performance* reduction.

That's the truth, right?
*Why are you so deathly _afraid_ of these simple truths, Jolly Roger?

What intelligent adults need to find out is how bad the performance impact
with be (whether long term, short term, app performance, or bus speeds).
--
My goal is to bring an adult conversation to these child-like Apple
newsgroups in terms of the truth behind what Apple says & what they do.

Re: POLL: What do you predict Apple will do now that their iPhone 15 design incompetence is at the fore?

<ko6f7pF84i9U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3006&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3006

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
15 design incompetence is at the fore?
Date: 5 Oct 2023 00:44:41 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Thu, 5 Oct 2023 00:44 UTC

On 2023-10-04, Wally J <walterjones@invalid.nospam> wrote:
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote
>
>> Apple never wrote "long-term performance reduction".
>
> Ah, but they did.

If so, you should be able to provide a source from Apple with those
exact words.

>> Apple never wrote "top performance reduction".
>
> Again, I cited where Apple said that.

If so, you should be able to provide a source from Apple with those
exact words.

>> Apple never wrote "A17 Pro chip performance reduction". Those are
>> *your* words, and you are the true weasel here.
>
> Yet again, those are verbatim cut-and-paste from the Apple statement.

If so, you should be able to provide a source from Apple with those
exact words.

> What's no longer shocking is how deathly afraid low-IQ uneducated ignorant
> religious-zealot iKooks are of the simple truths about Apple products.
>
> a. Apple fucked up with the design of the defective iPhone 15 product line;

Lie. The iPhone 15 hardware is not defective.

> b. Worse, Apple forgot to test that defective iPhone 15 product line;

Lie. Apple does extensive testing.

> c. When Apple was forced to test the defective iPhone 15 product line,
> Apple found multiple and rather embarrassingly diverse causative bugs.

Lie. Apple found a bug in iOS and bugs in certain popular apps as the
cause.

> Even worse... while Apple was forced to admit the defective iPhones are
> overheating, Apple has blamed everyone but Apple for the defective iPhones.

Lie. Apple's first cause listed was a bug in iOS 17.

> That's the truth, right?

You wouldn't know truth if it fucked you in the ass sideways, troll boi..

JR