How much net work could a network work, if a network could net work?

devel / comp.os.cpm / Re: OLD books

SubjectAuthor
* Re: OLD booksGary S
+* Re: OLD booksDennis Boone
|`- Re: OLD booksGary S
`- Re: OLD booksSteven Hirsch

1
Re: OLD books

<b9e4486c-9f2b-4fa2-a837-84e727d638adn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=3000&group=comp.os.cpm#3000

Newsgroups: comp.os.cpm
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 01:44:51 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: OLD books
From: gstern...@gmail.com (Gary S)
 by: Gary S - Fri, 31 Dec 2021 09:44 UTC

On Tuesday, 26 October 1999 at 17:00:00 UTC+10, Bob Himes wrote:
> I'm looking for a 3 volume accounting package written in cbasic2 i believe, by
> Lon Poole,etal. McGraw Hill was the publisher and they are naturally out of
> print. Local Library was no help. Thought i'd try here. Thanks.

Digging up old threads..
I am actually after exactly the same as requested here. Although I would be satisfied with just the general ledger.

I am after the "Book" either in hard copy of a decent scan.
If someone has it, I really only want to borrow it (to scan).

I know I have it somewhere, but haven't seen it in my collection for at least 30 years.

Gary S
vk2zbb.

Re: OLD books

<d-ydndlNi8dqyFL8nZ2dnUU7-N_NnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=3003&group=comp.os.cpm#3003

Sender: Dennis Boone <drb@yagi.h-net.org>
From: drb...@ihatespam.msu.edu (Dennis Boone)
Newsgroups: comp.os.cpm
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 13:11:51 -0600
 by: Dennis Boone - Fri, 31 Dec 2021 19:11 UTC

> I'm looking for a 3 volume accounting package written in cbasic2 i
> believe, by Lon Poole,etal. McGraw Hill was the publisher and they are
> naturally out of print. Local Library was no help. Thought i'd try
> here. Thanks.

In case this helps, some seem to be available from bookstores,
though not cheap. Also, the code may be available - see cpmug044
and cpmug045 in the listing here:

http://www.retroarchive.org/cpm/cdrom/SIMTEL/CPMUG/WILDCAT.TXT

Payroll with cost accounting, CBASIC
by Lon Poole
ISBN-13: 978-0931988226
ISBN-10: 0931988225
(This one seems to be scarce)

Accounts payable & accounts receivable, CBASIC
by Lon Poole
ISBN-13: 978-0931988233
ISBN-10: 0931988233
(Amazon has this one)

General ledger, CBASIC
by Lon Poole
ISBN-13: 978-0931988240
ISBN-10: 0931988241
(Amazon has this one)

De

Re: OLD books

<93a503c1-6dd2-46c3-abb4-04ca1a663bacn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=3004&group=comp.os.cpm#3004

Newsgroups: comp.os.cpm
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 13:17:21 -0800 (PST)
From: gstern...@gmail.com (Gary S)
 by: Gary S - Fri, 31 Dec 2021 21:17 UTC

On Saturday, 1 January 2022 at 06:11:58 UTC+11, Dennis Boone wrote:
> > I'm looking for a 3 volume accounting package written in cbasic2 i
> > believe, by Lon Poole,etal. McGraw Hill was the publisher and they are
> > naturally out of print. Local Library was no help. Thought i'd try
> > here. Thanks.
> In case this helps, some seem to be available from bookstores,
> though not cheap. Also, the code may be available - see cpmug044
> and cpmug045 in the listing here:
>
> http://www.retroarchive.org/cpm/cdrom/SIMTEL/CPMUG/WILDCAT.TXT
>

> Payroll with cost accounting, CBASIC
> by Lon Poole
> ISBN-13: 978-0931988226
> ISBN-10: 0931988225
> (This one seems to be scarce)
>

> Accounts payable & accounts receivable, CBASIC
> by Lon Poole
> ISBN-13: 978-0931988233
> ISBN-10: 0931988233
> (Amazon has this one)
>

> General ledger, CBASIC
> by Lon Poole
> ISBN-13: 978-0931988240
> ISBN-10: 0931988241
> (Amazon has this one)
>

> De

Many Thanks.

Gary S.

Re: OLD books

<l4udnSJDzto59E38nZ2dnUU7-cmdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=3010&group=comp.os.cpm#3010

Newsgroups: comp.os.cpm
From: snhir...@gmail.com (Steven Hirsch)
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2022 09:48:04 -0500
 by: Steven Hirsch - Sat, 1 Jan 2022 14:48 UTC

On 12/31/21 4:44 AM, Gary S wrote:
> On Tuesday, 26 October 1999 at 17:00:00 UTC+10, Bob Himes wrote:
>> I'm looking for a 3 volume accounting package written in cbasic2 i believe, by
>> Lon Poole,etal. McGraw Hill was the publisher and they are naturally out of
>> print. Local Library was no help. Thought i'd try here. Thanks.
>

> Digging up old threads..
> I am actually after exactly the same as requested here. Although I would be satisfied with just the general ledger.
>
> I am after the "Book" either in hard copy of a decent scan.
> If someone has it, I really only want to borrow it (to scan).
>
> I know I have it somewhere, but haven't seen it in my collection for at least 30 years.

If it's what I'm thinking of, that software was commercialized as the
"Vandata" accounting system. We used it for small-business bookkeeping in the
early 80s.

At one point I had several ring binders of documentation for it, but I haven't
seen them in years. Maybe in a box in my garage loft, but won't be able to
dig into that for a bit.