From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Gas burner doesn't start, then gives big poof
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2022 09:30:00 +0300
 by: micky - Fri, 8 Apr 2022 06:30 UTC

A friend I'm visiting has a Metz gas stove. Everything worked fine and
3 of her burners still work fine but after she washed the burners, the
big one doesn't work right.

The burner looks spotless, crumbless, dirtless.

The sparking starts immediately but it takes much longer to light than
the others, and then there is a big flare. After that, the flame is
still bigger than it should be and turning it down doesn't make it
smaller until all of sudden it goes out.

The stove is out of warranty, and this is the woman who lives in the
sticks, far from repairmen.

I've looked at
https://products.geappliances.com/appliance/gea-support-search-content?contentId=17827
and none of them seem to apply.

Re: Gas burner doesn't start, then gives big poof

<qjlv4ht78eoqbdd7ds2h01ma8ic98qf68q@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=30108&group=comp.mobile.android#30108

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Gas burner doesn't start, then gives big poof
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2022 09:30:35 +0300
 by: micky - Fri, 8 Apr 2022 06:30 UTC

Sorry, wrong ng. Still sleepy.

In comp.mobile.android, on Fri, 08 Apr 2022 09:30:00 +0300, micky
<NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote:

>A friend I'm visiting has a Metz gas stove. Everything worked fine and
>3 of her burners still work fine but after she washed the burners, the
>big one doesn't work right.
>
>The burner looks spotless, crumbless, dirtless.
>
>The sparking starts immediately but it takes much longer to light than
>the others, and then there is a big flare. After that, the flame is
>still bigger than it should be and turning it down doesn't make it
>smaller until all of sudden it goes out.
>
>The stove is out of warranty, and this is the woman who lives in the
>sticks, far from repairmen.
>
>I've looked at
>https://products.geappliances.com/appliance/gea-support-search-content?contentId=17827
>and none of them seem to apply.

Re: Gas burner doesn't start, then gives big poof

<t2pnaq$lbf$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=30130&group=comp.mobile.android#30130

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2022 09:19:36 -0700
 by: sms - Fri, 8 Apr 2022 16:19 UTC

On 4/7/2022 11:30 PM, micky wrote:
> A friend I'm visiting has a Metz gas stove. Everything worked fine and
> 3 of her burners still work fine but after she washed the burners, the
> big one doesn't work right.
>
> The burner looks spotless, crumbless, dirtless.
>
> The sparking starts immediately but it takes much longer to light than
> the others, and then there is a big flare. After that, the flame is
> still bigger than it should be and turning it down doesn't make it
> smaller until all of sudden it goes out.
>
> The stove is out of warranty, and this is the woman who lives in the
> sticks, far from repairmen.
>
> I've looked at
> https://products.geappliances.com/appliance/gea-support-search-content?contentId=17827
> and none of them seem to apply.

Based on my experience was a propane grill, some of the ports in the
burner get clogged resulting in an uneven flame and need to be cleaned
out with a metal pick or paper clip. This can also affect ignition
because the gas may not be coming out of the ports closest to the
igniter so until the gas from the non-clogged holes accumulates enough
for the igniter to reach it, it won't light, but then it will light with
a big "poof."

Water can also get into the inside and will affect the gas distribution
through the ports until it evaporates. But on a gas stove you should be
able to easily remove the burner cap and base to clean them.

Re: Gas burner doesn't start, then gives big poof

<t2pp4g$4g6$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=30137&group=comp.mobile.android#30137

Followup: alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
From: xxx...@yyy.zzz (gtr)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2022 09:50:36 -0700
 by: gtr - Fri, 8 Apr 2022 16:50 UTC

On 2022-04-08 12:19:36 +0000, sms said:

> Based on my experience was a propane grill

alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

Re: Gas burner doesn't start, then gives big poof

<kvs05hheenbnmlsfk7j44t4bmaj8840k12@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=30139&group=comp.mobile.android#30139

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2022 20:43:44 +0300
 by: micky - Fri, 8 Apr 2022 17:43 UTC

In comp.mobile.android, on Fri, 8 Apr 2022 09:19:36 -0700, sms
<scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:

>On 4/7/2022 11:30 PM, micky wrote:
>> A friend I'm visiting has a Metz gas stove. Everything worked fine and
>> 3 of her burners still work fine but after she washed the burners, the
>> big one doesn't work right.
>>
>> The burner looks spotless, crumbless, dirtless.
>>
>> The sparking starts immediately but it takes much longer to light than
>> the others, and then there is a big flare. After that, the flame is
>> still bigger than it should be and turning it down doesn't make it
>> smaller until all of sudden it goes out.
>>
>> The stove is out of warranty, and this is the woman who lives in the
>> sticks, far from repairmen.
>>
>> I've looked at
>> https://products.geappliances.com/appliance/gea-support-search-content?contentId=17827
>> and none of them seem to apply.
>
>Based on my experience was a propane grill, some of the ports in the
>burner get clogged resulting in an uneven flame and need to be cleaned
>out with a metal pick or paper clip. This can also affect ignition
>because the gas may not be coming out of the ports closest to the
>igniter so until the gas from the non-clogged holes accumulates enough
>for the igniter to reach it, it won't light, but then it will light with
>a big "poof."
>
>Water can also get into the inside and will affect the gas distribution
>through the ports until it evaporates. But on a gas stove you should be
>able to easily remove the burner cap and base to clean them.

Well, I looked again but didnt' see anything. Then I left. She's
going out of town on Sunday and said I could stay there if I wanted to
spend time in the sticks. If I do that, I'll get back to you all.

Re: Gas burner doesn't start, then gives big poof

<t2qev3$hkd$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=30156&group=comp.mobile.android#30156

Followup: alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
From: xxx...@yyy.zzz (gtr)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2022 16:03:11 -0700
 by: gtr - Fri, 8 Apr 2022 23:03 UTC

On 2022-04-08 23:13:44 +0000, micky said:

> If I do that, I'll get back to you all.

Please don't.

alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair