From: ijo...@jejejeje.it
Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Subject: Whycan i download the gmail emails from one PC only?
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2021 10:00:34 +0100
 by: ijo...@jejejeje.it - Wed, 8 Dec 2021 09:00 UTC

Hi, I use a PC and a laptop and I have many accounts with Eudora 7.1.
I have this problem: I can't do the download of the "gmail" messages
from both computers, but only from the PC or the laptop. I can do the
download of messages with every other accout from both computers (but
not with gmail).
Yet Eudora is configured well in the "Incoming mail" page.
I arrach a pic:
https://postimg.cc/Lg5cKr1n
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ni8mligtcvb2lmy/CatturaEUD.JPG?dl=0
How can I solve this problem?
Thanks

Re: Whycan i download the gmail emails from one PC only?

<o5m9ug5s1uligc5j4pgpht3qp43nffesdj@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=311&group=comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows#311

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2022 21:51:33 -0500
 by: micky - Mon, 17 Jan 2022 02:51 UTC

In comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows, on Wed, 08 Dec 2021 10:00:34 +0100,
ijones@jejejeje.it wrote:

>Hi, I use a PC and a laptop and I have many accounts with Eudora 7.1.
>I have this problem: I can't do the download of the "gmail" messages
>from both computers, but only from the PC or the laptop. I can do the
>download of messages with every other accout from both computers (but
>not with gmail).
>Yet Eudora is configured well in the "Incoming mail" page.
>I arrach a pic:
>https://postimg.cc/Lg5cKr1n
>https://www.dropbox.com/s/ni8mligtcvb2lmy/CatturaEUD.JPG?dl=0
>How can I solve this problem?
>Thanks

I might be mixed up but I seem to think this is the situation for which
Recent has to prefix the ...??? server name, the userid, I can't
remember and Recent might be for another purpose anyhow. But I know
Recent is very important when using gmail.

Well, I'm on the right track
https://www.lifewire.com/get-gmail-in-all-programs-and-devices-with-recent-mode-1172096
Get Your Gmail in All Email Clients With Gmail Recent Mode

You'd think gmail woudl tell people about this in a prominent way, but
noooo.