From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: comp.dcom.telecom
Subject: [telecom] anyone have a contact for industry group "Insight 100"?
Date: 27 Mar 2022 00:50:06 +0000
Sender: news@iecc.com
 by: danny burstein - Sun, 27 Mar 2022 00:50 UTC

About two decades ago I was tangentially involved with a volunteer
ambulance agency which was petitioning the FCC for a waiver to allow
it to get "blocked" caller ID.

They argued they were similar to a "911 PSAP", and getting the caller
ID would help in emergency response.

(They, like many other EMS and volunteer fire departments of that
time, used "regular" 7 digit numbers. A hefty chunk of them have
since been hooked into regional "911" systems, but lots are still self
standing).

As part of their pleading, they brought up the earlier request of
"Insight 100", an industry group of universities, hospitals, and
similar agencies, which got a waiver on caller ID blocks for calls to
the public safety offices, emergency departments, and the like.

The "Insight 100" name came about because many of these places were
using the Nortel DMS 100 phone switch.

I'm in the middle of a thankless battle, trying to help a local
hospital with a caller ID number/name mismatch, and would _love_ to
get some heavyweights to give us a hand. Especially since this is
likely a pretty common issue.

To my suprise I can't seem to find any current info on "Insight 100".
I've written to a couple of the specific facilities in the FCC filings
from 20 years ago but none have gotten back to me.

Thanks for any assistance.
dannyb@panix.com