From: malQRMas...@gmail.com (Bill Horne)
Newsgroups: comp.dcom.telecom
Subject: AT&T brags about FirstNet's FIve Year Anniversary [telecom]
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2022 00:39:26 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: news@iecc.com
 by: Bill Horne - Sat, 26 Mar 2022 00:39 UTC

What's the news? As public safety's partner with FirstNe�(R), AT&T is
launching new public safety-centric innovations to modernize first
responders interoperabl communications during both emergencies and
normal operations:

In-Building Situational Awareness

Public safety organizations and businesses can now enhance their
in-building wireless communications with the Cell Booster Pro - an
enterprise-grade mini cell tower that provides reliable connectivity
for public safety on FirstNet, as well as employees and visitors on
the AT&T commercial network.

We've enhanced Z-Axis for FirstNet to give public safety an
altimeter view or vertical visualization that shows the relative
positions of first responders and incidents, as well as the ability to
mark important areas within the building.

Public safety

FirstNet fleet now has 150 dedicated deployable assets including 50+
Compact Rapid Deployables (CRDs) available to support first responders
in all 56 U.S. states and territories.

The new FirstNet Emergency Response Kit equips public safety agencies
with a cache of 20+ FirstNet Ready(R)� devices in a protective case
to simultaneously recharge and immediately disperse to responders in
the field following a major incident.

Next Generation 9-1-1 Services

AT&T ESInet(TM) is now integrated with the commercial AT&T wireless
network to provide faster and more accurate location of wireless 9-1-1
callers through device-based hybrid precise location technology.

ADT is the first home security provider to integrate with FirstNet and
now, PSAPs using AT&T ESInet can receive verified text alerts when an
alarm is triggered. It's just 1 more way we're supporting public
safety from the initial call until their mission is complete.

Mission-Critical Push-to-Talk

With the launch of FirstNet Rapid Response, public safety now has 2
choices for their mission-critical push-to-talk (PTT) solution, as
well as enhanced land mobile radio (LMR) interoperability capabilities
to help modernize their communications.

FirstNet Push-to-Talk now supports mission-critical video streaming
and PTT calling over Wi-Fi.

https://firstnet.gov/newsroom/press-releases/firstnet-built-att-celebrates-5-years-new-mission-ready-solutions-launch

--
(Please remove QRM from my email address to write to me directly)

***** Moderator's Note *****

I have a lot of questions about this page, but I'll just mention a few.

1. Why is this breathless bragadocio being published on a .gov
website? I think it's safe to assume that my taxes pay for the
internet connection, power, maintenance, and serve being used to
tell me how great AT&T thinks firstnet is, and I don't like my
taxes being used to tell me how little I'm getting for my money.

2. What, exactly, is "FirstNet(R)?" I knew that AT&T had managed to
keep its snoot in the public money trough for most of the last five
years, but where did "push-to-talk" and "enhanced land mobile
radio" come into the picture?

3. Since when is ADT entitled to benefit from a public-works project?
Are they going to claim that their cellular-based alarm systems are
now immune to being disabled by a simple cellular-band jamming
transmitter?

4. Since FirstNet appears to be a new implementation of cellular, will
AT&T be required to install backup power that can withstand more
than a one or two-day outage?

Bill Horne
Moderator

Re: AT&T brags about FirstNet's FIve Year Anniversary [telecom]

<d17bcdda-ea78-1e01-3923-c107cecb30c2@panix.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3039&group=comp.dcom.telecom#3039

From: wb8...@panix.com (David)
Newsgroups: comp.dcom.telecom
Date: 28 Mar 2022 13:24:06 -0400
Sender: news@iecc.com
 by: David - Mon, 28 Mar 2022 17:24 UTC

On 3/25/22 8:39 PM, Bill Horne wrote:

> 2. What, exactly, is "FirstNet(R)?"
> 4. Since FirstNet appears to be a new implementation of cellular, will
> AT&T be required to install backup power that can withstand more
> than a one or two-day outage?

FirstNet is what failed Dec 25, 2020 in Nashville, after the bombing
took out the ATT tandem office with the 4ESS there. It's been described
as a 47 billion dollar debacle.

Part of it is a cell-phone network on exclusive spectrum to prevent
saturation during mass-casualty events. But it still needs not just
backup power, but also connectivity between the cell sites and their
connection to the PSTN telephone network.

When the Nashville firefighters responded, they found their FirstNet
phones were anything but reliable, as they were dead.