From: telcon...@duck.com (Aragorn)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.ubuntu
Subject: Re: Marek says "hi"
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2022 17:45:32 +0100
 by: Aragorn - Tue, 20 Dec 2022 16:45 UTC

On 20.12.2022 at 16:14, CookieM scribbled:

> W dniu 20.12.2022 o 08:50, Aragorn pisze:
> > Greetings everyone,
> >
> > As the title of this thread says, our old friend Marek Novotny has
> > requested that I'd say "hi" to the people he knew while he was a
> > Usenet resident. Given that he was mostly active in
> > alt.os.linux.ubuntu, I am posting this here. ;)
> >
> Whew! This means Marek is alive! I remember you posted here, that he
> is dead (having lost the war with Usenet trolls)! So happy it isn’t
> so!

Yes, he's alive and well — and in good health, albeit still on
medication to stop him from developing a new embolism — but he's living
a very different life now.

--
With respect,
= Aragorn

Re: Marek says "hi"

<tnst4u$1pt9$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3059&group=alt.os.linux.ubuntu#3059

From: inva...@gmail.com (Jame O' Brian)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.ubuntu
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2022 17:56:03 +0000
 by: Jame O' Brian - Tue, 20 Dec 2022 17:56 UTC

On 20/12/2022 16:45, Aragorn wrote:
> Yes, he's alive and well — and in good health, albeit still on
> medication to stop him from developing a new embolism — but he's living
> a very different life now.

There is normally no permanent treatment for mental illness but if you
say he is in good health then so be it.

Merry Christmas to you all and hope the new year will bring new things
in life.

Re: Marek says "hi"

<20221221072616.61f5e95c@nx-74205>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3068&group=alt.os.linux.ubuntu#3068

From: telcon...@duck.com (Aragorn)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.ubuntu
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2022 07:26:16 +0100
 by: Aragorn - Wed, 21 Dec 2022 06:26 UTC

On 20.12.2022 at 17:56, Jame O' Brian scribbled:

> On 20/12/2022 16:45, Aragorn wrote:
> > Yes, he's alive and well — and in good health, albeit still on
> > medication to stop him from developing a new embolism — but he's
> > living a very different life now.
> >
> There is normally no permanent treatment for mental illness but if
> you say he is in good health then so be it.

I never said anything about any mental illness, and to the best of my
knowledge, Marek is not afflicted with any mental illness. His stalker
on the other hand, that's a whole other story.

Marek suffered from a blood clot in his lung a couple of years ago, and
that is why he is still taking medication for that, given how
life-threatening a condition that is.

He was afflicted with said blood clot just before he disappeared, and
then my emails to his old email address bounced, which told me that the
account had been suspended. This is why we presumed that he had passed
away.

--
With respect,
= Aragorn