From: malQRMas...@gmail.com (Bill Horne)
Newsgroups: comp.dcom.telecom
Subject: CFPB Extends Opportunity for Public to Provide Input on Junk Fees [telecom]
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2022 15:17:02 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: news@iecc.com
 by: Bill Horne - Wed, 6 Apr 2022 15:17 UTC

We have received a tremendous amount of feedback from our Request for
Information on exploitive junk fees. The more than 25,000 comments we
have received through mid-March show the high-level of public interest
on this topic, and the number of people affected by exploitative junk
fees. We are extending the deadline for the public to share input and
stories on their experiences with exploitative junk fees through
April 11, 2022.

In January, we launched an initiative to save American families
billions of dollars in junk or back-end fees. These fees impede
competition by making it difficult for families to shop around based
on the actual cost of a product or service.

We want to hear from stakeholders - including consumers and small
business owners - from across the financial marketplace about their
experiences with fees associated with financial products and services,
including:

* Fees for things people believed were covered by the baseline price of a product or service

* Unexpected fees for a product or service

* Fees that seemed too high for the purported service

* Fees where it was unclear why they were charged

https://www.consumerfinance.gov/about-us/blog/cfpb-extends-opportunity-for-public-to-provide-input-on-junk-fees/

--
(Please remove QRM from my email address to write to me directly)