From: malQRMas...@gmail.com (Bill Horne)
Newsgroups: comp.dcom.telecom
Subject: CWA opens bargaining with Frontier North [telecom]
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2022 20:37:31 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: news@iecc.com
 by: Bill Horne - Thu, 7 Apr 2022 20:37 UTC

Frontier North

Bargaining opened yesterday for the Frontier North contract, which
covers workers in Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, and Wisconsin.

In an interview with Wisconsin television station WKPW, CWA Local 4671
President Steve Kotel said that workers have made sacrifices over the
past few years and are fighting for family-supporting pay and benefits
now that the company has emerged from bankruptcy.

"A lot of our members really held on for several years and tried to
get the company through the bankruptcy and through COVID," Kotel
said. "[We had] six-day, mandatory work weeks to try to get this
company to stay on track so that when they come out of it, everyone
would be better off.

https://cwa-union.org/news/e-newsletter/2022-04-07

--
(Please remove QRM from my email address to write to me directly)