From: mon...@roscom.com (Monty Solomon)
Newsgroups: comp.dcom.telecom
Subject: Google Fi unlimited plans get lower prices, higher data limits [telecom]
Date: 11 Apr 2022 23:30:12 -0400
Sender: news@iecc.com
 by: Monty Solomon - Tue, 12 Apr 2022 03:30 UTC

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2022/04/google-fis-unlimited-plans-get-a-5-1=0-price-cut/=

***** Moderator's Note *****

Google Fi sucks. Plain and simple: don't buy this BS, and don't buy this product.

My neighbor *GAVE* me a Google Fi phone, which I was greatful for, but
then it started to pop-up a warning every few seconds, telling me that
"Bluetooth Keeps Stopping." There was no cure for it: I spent several
days trying to find one in the various user groups. It wasn't just an
annoyance: I had to manually answer the interrupting pop-up every
time, and that made even the most simple tasks a lesson in digital
frustration.

Google is the champion of the Android operating system used on most
non-apple phones. The company does not choose to find and fix the
problem, but they're willing to hire PR firms to hype how nice they're
going to be to their former victims.

My personal opionion is: AVOID THIS PRODUCT LIKE THE PLAGUE!

Bill Horne
Moderator