From: malQRMas...@gmail.com (Bill Horne)
Newsgroups: comp.dcom.telecom
Subject: Are AT&T and DirecTV still fencing with the Department of Justice? [telecom]
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 11:18:15 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: news@iecc.com
 by: Bill Horne - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 11:18 UTC

United States v. AT&T/TWX Reply Brief of Appellate United States of America

October 11, 2018

The Department of Justice's Antitrust Division filed its reply brief
today in United States v. AT&T Inc. et al., in the D.C. Circuit Court
of Appeals. Assistant Attorney General Makan Delrahim issued the
following statement:

"AT&T's brief, which is little more than a revisionist 58-page summary
of the district court's opinion, does not remedy the economic and
logical errors in the decision. This isn't surprising." said Makan
Delrahim, Assistant Attorney General for the Antitrust Division.
"Ultimately, AT&T never resolves the district court's erroneous
rejection of the economics of bargaining and the principle of
corporate-wide profit maximization, which are the basis of our
appeal."

https://www.justice.gov/atr/press-statement/358198

***** Moderator's Note *****

I don't know why this poped up in a searched limited to the past week,
but it did. I don't know what changed in the past week, but something
must have. Any lawyers who read this and know how to find the latest
info are welcome to chime in.

Bill Horne
Moderator

--
(Please remove QRM from my email address to write to me directly)