From: malQRMas...@gmail.com (Bill Horne)
Newsgroups: comp.dcom.telecom
Subject: Larry Magid: I had hoped to review AT&T Fiber but having trouble getting it installed [telecom]
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 12:41:22 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: news@iecc.com
 by: Bill Horne - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 12:41 UTC

I had hoped that today's column would be a review of AT&T fiber
high-speed internet, which has recently become available where I
live. I'm happy with my Xfinity gigabit service but, unlike cable,
fiber is symmetric, which means you get the same speed when uploading
as you do when downloading.

My cable service gives me a gigabit down but only about 35 megabits
for uploading. It's not a big deal but, in theory at least, a faster
upload speed should improve how I look on video calls and TV
interviews and make it faster when uploading large files, like video
files. Gigabit service from both AT&T and Xfinity costs more than
slower speeds, and not everyone needs that fast of a connection.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2022/04/14/larry-magid-i-had-hoped-to-review-att-fiber-but-having-trouble-getting-it-installed/

--
(Please remove QRM from my email address to write to me directly)