From: malQRMas...@gmail.com (Bill Horne)
Newsgroups: comp.dcom.telecom
Subject: Wireless companies assessed by the SCC [telecom]
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2022 15:43:31 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: news@iecc.com
 by: Bill Horne - Wed, 6 Apr 2022 15:43 UTC

Wireless Companies Assessed by the SCC
o Appalachian Wireless
* East Kentucky Network, LLC
o AT&T
* AT&T Mobility Spectrum LLC
* New Cingular Wireless PCS, LLC
o Sprint
* Sprint Spectrum Realty Company, LLC
* Sprintcom, Inc.
* Sprint Spectrum License Holder II LLC
* Sprint Spectrum License Holder III LLC
o T-Mobile
* T-Mobile License LLC
* T-Mobile USA
o US Cellular
* USCOC of Virginia RSA #3, Inc.
* USCOC Nebraska / Kansas, LLC
* USCOC of Chicago, LLC
* USCOC of Central Illinois, LLC
o Verizon Wireless
* AirTouch Cellular Inc.
* ALLTEL Corporation
* Cellco Partnership
* Petersburg Cellular Partnership
* Virginia RSA 5 Limited Partnership

https://www.scc.virginia.gov/getattachment/51a79760-160f-4228-ac12-8646e55d1987/2022-List-of-Wireless-Companies.pdf

(Please remove QRM from my email address to write to me directly)

***** Moderator's Note *****

It surprising what I come across when searching for news about
companies such as Verizon. The info above is just one example: I found
this page during a search for info about "Cellco Partners," which does
business as "Verizon Wireless."

If anyone who reads this is familiar with the matter, please tell me
what was assessed, and why. Thanks for your help.

Bill Horne
Moderator

Re: Wireless companies assessed by the SCC [telecom]

<t3n06s$rv1$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3090&group=comp.dcom.telecom#3090

From: michael....@att.net (Michael Trew)
Newsgroups: comp.dcom.telecom
Date: 19 Apr 2022 14:49:02 -0400
Sender: news@iecc.com
 by: Michael Trew - Tue, 19 Apr 2022 18:49 UTC

On 4/6/2022 11:43, Bill Horne wrote:
> Wireless Companies Assessed by the SCC
> o Appalachian Wireless
> * East Kentucky Network, LLC
(SNIP)

> If anyone who reads this is familiar with the matter, please tell me
> what was assessed, and why. Thanks for your help.
>
> Bill Horne
> Moderator

I can't answer your question, but I would assume, since the assessment
was based in Virginia (from your link), perhaps they are assessing
network coverage in the state from cellular providers?

I have to add that I find it interesting that "Appalachian Wireless"
still maintains their own network, independent from the now "Big 3"
AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile/Sprint. I was aware that US Cellular had
their own network, but I thought that all of the local/regional wireless
providers (aside from MVNO's) were gobbled up years ago. Apparently,
there are a few others.

Appalachian Wireless, in specific, serving parts of Kentucky and WV, is
turning off their CDMA network at the end of 2022 (like many other
companies), even though Wikipedia claims that all of their voice service
only runs through CDMA (not LTE).