Insufficient facts always invite danger. -- Spock, "Space Seed", stardate 3141.9

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"

SubjectAuthor
* Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"Andy Burnelli
+* Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"Andy Burns
> [...]
||   +* Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"nospam
||   |`- Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"Andy Burnelli
||   `- Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"Andy Burnelli
|`* Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"sms
| `- Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"nospam
+* Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"Andy Burnelli
|`* Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"Andy Burnelli
| `* Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"Andy Burnelli
|  `- Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"Andy Burnelli
+- Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"Andy Burnelli
`* Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"Andy Burnelli
 `* Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"Nemanja Momcilovic
  +- Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"Andy Burnelli
  +- Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"David L. P. Solimano
  `* Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"sms
   `* Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"nospam
    `* Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"Andy Burnelli
     +- Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"Gnaneshwar Gaddam
     `* Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"Gnaneshwar Gaddam
      +* Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"abouza youssef
      |`* Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"sms
      | `- Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"wish raw
      +- Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"Gnaneshwar G
      `- Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"Digit Bard

Pages:123
Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"

<t3mk2c$qd5$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=30760&group=comp.mobile.android#30760

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2022 08:21:47 -0700
 by: sms - Tue, 19 Apr 2022 15:21 UTC

On 4/19/2022 5:51 AM, NY wrote:

<snip>

> If the solution is "actually quite simple" then why the F won't you just
> tell people the answer instead of sitting there smugly saying "I know
> the answer - but I'm not going to tell you".

Notice the "FOSS" qualifier in "Andy Burnelli's" request.

There are non-FOSS solutions that are not very expensive, i.e.
Mirroring360 which is $11.99 per receiving computer. That sounds cheap
until you realize that you probably are going to want to mirror your
screen to multiple computers and that you might not even have the
ability to install this software on the computer that you want to mirror to.

Personally I have not seen a FOSS solution to mirror an iPhone screen to
a Windows PC, and I've looked for one in the past. There are free trials
of some of the paid solutions. It hasn't been issue for me since I have
an Android phone that I can use when I need to do this.

There's an article about this issue here:
<https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/mirror-your-iphone-screen-on-a-computer>.

I also have this in "The Document"
<https://tinyurl.com/iOS-Android-Features> as #157a on page 66.

157a. Screen mirroring to Windows PCs. You can mirror your Android
phone’s screen to your Windows PC, for free, using Microsoft's Phone
Link App (see
<https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/your-phone/9nmpj99vjbwv>). For the
iPhone and iPad, it’s possible to do screen mirroring to a Windows PC
but it isn’t free, i.e. Mirroring360 which is $11.99 per receiving
computer. There's an article about this here:
<https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/mirror-your-iphone-screen-on-a-computer>.
There are free trials of some of the paid solutions. ✓

But if there's a FOSS solution for mirroring the iPhone and/or iPad to a
Windows PC, that nospam knows about, I'd of course include it. It's
typical behavior of nospam to insist that he knows an answer to
someone's question but to play these kinds of games.

Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"

<t3mk8q$rh3$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=30761&group=comp.mobile.android#30761

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2022 08:25:14 -0700
 by: Alan - Tue, 19 Apr 2022 15:25 UTC

On 2022-04-19 8:21 a.m., sms wrote:
> On 4/19/2022 5:51 AM, NY wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> If the solution is "actually quite simple" then why the F won't you
>> just tell people the answer instead of sitting there smugly saying "I
>> know the answer - but I'm not going to tell you".
>
> Notice the "FOSS" qualifier in "Andy Burnelli's" request.

That's his "no true Scotsman"...

> There are non-FOSS solutions that are not very expensive, i.e.
> Mirroring360 which is $11.99 per receiving computer. That sounds cheap
> until you realize that you probably are going to want to mirror your
> screen to multiple computers and that you might not even have the
> ability to install this software on the computer that you want to mirror
> to.
>
> Personally I have not seen a FOSS solution to mirror an iPhone screen to
> a Windows PC, and I've looked for one in the past. There are free trials
> of some of the paid solutions. It hasn't been issue for me since I have
> an Android phone that I can use when I need to do this.
>
> There's an article about this issue here:
> <https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/mirror-your-iphone-screen-on-a-computer>.
>
> I also have this in "The Document"
> <https://tinyurl.com/iOS-Android-Features> as #157a on page 66.
>
> 157a. Screen mirroring to Windows PCs. You can mirror your Android
> phone’s screen to your Windows PC, for free, using Microsoft's Phone
> Link App (see
> <https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/your-phone/9nmpj99vjbwv>). For the
> iPhone and iPad, it’s possible to do screen mirroring to a Windows PC
> but it isn’t free, i.e. Mirroring360 which is $11.99 per receiving
> computer. There's an article about this here:
> <https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/mirror-your-iphone-screen-on-a-computer>.
> There are free trials of some of the paid solutions. ✓
>
> But if there's a FOSS solution for mirroring the iPhone and/or iPad to a
> Windows PC, that nospam knows about, I'd of course include it. It's
> typical behavior of nospam to insist that he knows an answer to
> someone's question but to play these kinds of games.

Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"

<jc83qeF8ilsU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=30765&group=comp.mobile.android#30765

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: 19 Apr 2022 15:46:22 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Tue, 19 Apr 2022 15:46 UTC

On 2022-04-19, NY <me@privacy.invalid> wrote:
> "nospam" <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> In article <t3lf6g$cn8$1@gioia.aioe.org>, Andy Burnelli
>> <spam@nospam.com> wrote:
>>
>>> All I care about at the moment is to find a FOSS tool that mirrors
>>> my iPad onto my Windows computer.
>>>
>>> Do you know anything about that?
>>
>> yes i do.
>>
>> the question you meant to ask is if i'm interested in telling you
>> what i know about it, and the answer to that is a resounding no.
>>
>> it should be somewhat entertaining to watch you flail about as you
>> usually do, likely ending up with the most convoluted and insane
>> solution possible to do something that's actually quite simple, then
>> whining about how it's all apple's fault.
>
> If the solution is "actually quite simple" then why the F won't you
> just tell people the answer

You must be new here. The person "asking" for this information is
trolling. He spends every hour of every day trolling the Apple news
groups under various nyms and doesn't actually want or deserve anyone's
help with anything.

JR

Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"

<190420221232399079%nospam@nospam.invalid>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=30774&group=comp.mobile.android#30774

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2022 12:32:39 -0400
References: <t3eujs$lv1$1@gioia.aioe.org> <jc0facFpl0bU1@mid.individual.net> <v3cvii-ra7.ln1@Telcontar.valinor> <t3jqos$nqm$1@dont-email.me> <ms11ji-hjf.ln1@Telcontar.valinor> <t3knah$k6h$1@dont-email.me> <180420221824092087%nospam@nospam.invalid> <t3l77n$5fc$1@gioia.aioe.org> <180420222334057754%nospam@nospam.invalid> <t3lf6g$cn8$1@gioia.aioe.org> <190420220824195060%nospam@nospam.invalid> <t3mb9a$kbv$1@dont-email.me> <t3mk2c$qd5$1@dont-email.me>
 by: nospam - Tue, 19 Apr 2022 16:32 UTC

In article <t3mk2c$qd5$1@dont-email.me>, sms
<scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:

> Notice the "FOSS" qualifier in "Andy Burnelli's" request.

thereby setting the stage for his rant, and apparently yours as well.

> There are non-FOSS solutions that are not very expensive, i.e.
> Mirroring360 which is $11.99 per receiving computer. That sounds cheap
> until you realize that you probably are going to want to mirror your
> screen to multiple computers and that you might not even have the
> ability to install this software on the computer that you want to mirror to.

there are also various free solutions.

> Personally I have not seen a FOSS solution to mirror an iPhone screen to
> a Windows PC, and I've looked for one in the past.

bullshit you've searched.

there are *several* free options for mirroring an iphone to windows,
which are *easily* found in a search.

in fact, did another search just now and found a few new ones.

the method is not proprietary and anyone can write such a utility
(assuming they're not clueless like some people here).

it also looks like you are using 'foss', as your troll-buddy 'arlen',
aka andy burnelli does, to be able to reject any suggestion made.

> There's an article about this issue here:
> <https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/mirror-your-iphone-screen-on-a-computer>.

an incomplete article, which looks like a puff piece for the software
they are suggesting.

> I also have this in "The Document"

yet another thing about it that's incorrect.

> For the
> iPhone and iPad, it¹s possible to do screen mirroring to a Windows PC
> but it isn¹t free

wrong. it is possible to do that *for* *free*.

you're not interested in learning how because it doesn't fit your
narrative.

> But if there's a FOSS solution for mirroring the iPhone and/or iPad to a
> Windows PC, that nospam knows about, I'd of course include it. It's
> typical behavior of nospam to insist that he knows an answer to
> someone's question but to play these kinds of games.

the only games are yours.

you know quite well you won't include anything i say because i
consistently show you to be totally wrong for nearly everything in that
'document' (and other topics too).

you also won't include anything several other people say which also
show you to be wrong.

the most bizarre one is your ridiculous claim that face id won't work
in the dark, when that's actually where it works the best, for reasons
that should be obvious.

just yesterday you claimed that accessing apple wallet requires
unlocking the phone. it does not.

so much of what you say is wrong. just about all of it, in fact.

it would help if you actually used an iphone before creating a
'document' about it. at least then it might be somewhat accurate rather
than a cesspool of easily refuted propaganda bullshit.

Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"

<t3nvb6$ma4$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=30840&group=comp.mobile.android#30840

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 04:40:38 +0100
References: <t3eujs$lv1$1@gioia.aioe.org> <jc0facFpl0bU1@mid.individual.net> <v3cvii-ra7.ln1@Telcontar.valinor> <t3jqos$nqm$1@dont-email.me> <ms11ji-hjf.ln1@Telcontar.valinor> <t3knah$k6h$1@dont-email.me> <180420221824092087%nospam@nospam.invalid> <t3l77n$5fc$1@gioia.aioe.org> <180420222334057754%nospam@nospam.invalid> <t3lf6g$cn8$1@gioia.aioe.org> <190420220824195060%nospam@nospam.invalid> <t3mb9a$kbv$1@dont-email.me> <t3mk2c$qd5$1@dont-email.me>
 by: Andy Burnelli - Wed, 20 Apr 2022 03:40 UTC

sms wrote:

> Notice the "FOSS" qualifier in "Andy Burnelli's" request.

Steve,

You know _all_ my solutions, for decades, are FOSS solutions.
So that's not a new qualifier at all since all my tutorials are FOSS.

In fact, you also know we _already_ have an _Android_ FOSS solution.
<https://i.postimg.cc/63jvT33r/linktopc01.jpg>

As far as I know, that FOSS solution has _never_ been covered in either the
Windows or the Android newsgroup before - so it's _new_ information (AFAIK).

That's more value in one thread than the entirety of posts by the iKooks in
the history of Usenet, Steve, if I do say so myself.

All my solutions are FOSS.

So don't make it sound as if being FOSS is a "special" requirement.
The reason for FOSS is that _everyone_ can benefit instantly.

I'm a good hearted intelligent and helpful person who is writing a tutorial
(which you know from the Android & Windows newsgroup discussions) on how
_anyone_ can use a FOSS solution to mirror their Android phone on Windows.

What's missing is the section about iOS doing the same thing.

> Personally I have not seen a FOSS solution to mirror an iPhone screen to
> a Windows PC, and I've looked for one in the past. There are free trials
> of some of the paid solutions. It hasn't been issue for me since I have
> an Android phone that I can use when I need to do this.

I looked before I asked. You know I always do that.
If I ask for it, then it's not obvious whether it can be found for iOS.

But maybe nospam knows what he "claims" to know. (heh heh heh)

> But if there's a FOSS solution for mirroring the iPhone and/or iPad to a
> Windows PC, that nospam knows about, I'd of course include it. It's
> typical behavior of nospam to insist that he knows an answer to
> someone's question but to play these kinds of games.

Steve,
You _know_ I write general-use tutorials always using FOSS software; and you
know I asked the _same_ question on the adult operating system newsgroups -
where you know that the response only on the iOS newsgroups devolves to
kindergarten responses.

The only known iOS solutions so far are these apps, none of which are FOSS,
but _one_ of which will do the job if people don't mind the nagging prompts.

https://www.mirroring360.com
https://www.airserver.com/buy
https://www.airsquirrels.com/reflector
https://www.lonelyscreen.com/download.html

As always, I am on the phone Usenet newsgroups to both learn from other
people and to impart knowledge on a vast number of others (often via
step-by-step tutorials which always use FOSS software so that they can be
used right away by everyone to benefit).

Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"

<t3o00r$rub$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=30844&group=comp.mobile.android#30844

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 04:52:11 +0100
References: <t3eujs$lv1$1@gioia.aioe.org> <jc0facFpl0bU1@mid.individual.net> <v3cvii-ra7.ln1@Telcontar.valinor> <t3jqos$nqm$1@dont-email.me> <ms11ji-hjf.ln1@Telcontar.valinor> <t3knah$k6h$1@dont-email.me> <180420221824092087%nospam@nospam.invalid> <t3l77n$5fc$1@gioia.aioe.org> <180420222334057754%nospam@nospam.invalid> <t3lf6g$cn8$1@gioia.aioe.org> <190420220824195060%nospam@nospam.invalid> <t3mb9a$kbv$1@dont-email.me> <t3mk2c$qd5$1@dont-email.me> <t3nvb6$ma4$1@gioia.aioe.org>
 by: Andy Burnelli - Wed, 20 Apr 2022 03:52 UTC

Andy Burnelli wrote:

> In fact, you also know we _already_ have an _Android_ FOSS solution.
> <https://i.postimg.cc/63jvT33r/linktopc01.jpg>

Ooops. Wrong screenshot for the FOSS solution!
<https://i.postimg.cc/N0G1TXcZ/scrcpy01.jpg> Mirror Android on any PC

The "Link to PC" stuff came about from the _adult_ discussion on the _adult_
operating system newsgroups (never are the Apple newsgroups adult dialog).
*How do you mirror your Android phone on your Windows computer?*
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.comp.microsoft.windows/c/eMYBmpq2H50>

For the Android folks to benefit from knowledge gleaned on the Windows ng:
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.comp.microsoft.windows>

The _free_ Windows "Phone Link" app is located here:
<https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/phone-link/9nmpj99vjbwv#activetab=pivot:overviewtab>

The Link To Windows Android app is located here:
*Link to Windows* by Microsoft Corporation
free, ad free, req GSF, rated 3.9, 500M+ installs
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.appmanager>

It turns out that some Samsung phones (like mine) already come with the
phonelink software pre installed, which we found out in that adult dialog.
<https://i.postimg.cc/L5gnX3GS/linktopc07.jpg>

This is a summary of what Microsoft says that app combination does:
a. Get instant access to everything you love on your phone from your PC.
b. Link your Android phone and PC to view and reply to text messages
c. Make and receive calls over Bluetooth
d. View your notifications
e. Share your favorite images between your phone and PC
f. Copy, edit, and even drag and drop photos without touching your phone
g. Wirelessly dragging and dropping your files from your phone to your PC
h. Wirelessly dragging and dropping your files from your PC to your phone

In summary, we have multiple free solutions, one of which is super powerful
and FOSS and the other of which has additional Bluetooth functionality for
Android.

Hence, for the tutorial I'm writing, it's only natural to seek the same kind
of free functionality for my iOS devices so that everyone can benefit when I
publish the cross-platform tutorial (which almost all of mine are).
--
Usenet is a world-wide team sport where purposefully helpful kind-hearted
adults help each other and learn by pooling our individual capabilities.

Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"

<t3o2lo$1isp$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=30846&group=comp.mobile.android#30846

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 05:37:28 +0100
References: <t3eujs$lv1$1@gioia.aioe.org> <jc0facFpl0bU1@mid.individual.net> <v3cvii-ra7.ln1@Telcontar.valinor> <t3jqos$nqm$1@dont-email.me> <ms11ji-hjf.ln1@Telcontar.valinor> <t3knah$k6h$1@dont-email.me> <180420221824092087%nospam@nospam.invalid> <t3l77n$5fc$1@gioia.aioe.org> <180420222334057754%nospam@nospam.invalid> <t3lf6g$cn8$1@gioia.aioe.org> <190420220824195060%nospam@nospam.invalid> <t3mb9a$kbv$1@dont-email.me> <jc83qeF8ilsU1@mid.individual.net>
 by: Andy Burnelli - Wed, 20 Apr 2022 04:37 UTC

Andy Burnelli wrote:

> But if there's a FOSS solution for mirroring the iPhone and/or iPad to a
> Windows PC, that nospam knows about, I'd of course include it. It's
> typical behavior of nospam to insist that he knows an answer to
> someone's question but to play these kinds of games.

Thanks for taking a stab at answering what is in effect a difficult question
to answer (where I asked the same question on the Android & Windows
newsgroups and the responses on both were very useful and always adult).

I already wrote the tutorial for using FOSS software to mirror Android on
Windows and I was just trying to add the same FOSS solution for iOS mirrors.

I want _everyone_ to benefit, including you and me (both of us use both iOS
and Android devices every single day, and many people have families who use
both as we also do).

For Android, it's so simple that it's clever, in that it's a single command:
Mirror Android on Windows on USB: C:\> scrcpy
Mirror Android on Windows on LAN: C:\> scrcpy --tcpip=192.168.0.2:5555

It's sooooo simple that it's ingenious and it's all FOSS software so the
amount of added functionality in the options will blow your mind away (it's
similar to that of ffmpeg, irfanview, youtubedl, wget, etc. in terms of
they've thought of every freakin' option you'd ever want to do already!).
<https://i.postimg.cc/N0G1TXcZ/scrcpy01.jpg> Mirror Android on any PC

Now all I want to do is add an iOS mirroring onto Windows section to the
nascent tutorial, where I just _love_ how easy it is on Android and I was
hoping it would be as easy to do for iOS so that everyone would benefit.

Rest assured I researched on iOS FOSS solutions before I posted where I was
hoping to find someone (anyone) on the iOS newsgroups who knew more than I
did - but so far, nobody can find a FOSS solution where the best solution,
so far anyway, is the trialware that turns into nagware if you abuse it.

https://www.lonelyscreen.com ($15/year but can be used as trialware nagware)
https://www.mirroring360.com ($12 per mirrored computer)
https://www.airserver.com ($20 per license)
https://www.airsquirrels.com ($20 reflector + $18 airparrot or $34 bundle)

While nospam pretends to have a better solution, I, like you, doubt he does.
But we'll see as all I want is a FOSS solution for iOS screen mirroring.

It's something _everyone_ could benefit from, don't you think?

To that goal, if someone on this newsgroup knows more than I do about
FOSS screen mirroring of iOS onto Windows, please let us know what you know.
--
There are two types of people on Usenet, only one of which is helpful.

Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"

<t3og1i$f2e$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=30852&group=comp.mobile.android#30852

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 09:25:38 +0100
References: <t3eujs$lv1$1@gioia.aioe.org> <jc0facFpl0bU1@mid.individual.net> <v3cvii-ra7.ln1@Telcontar.valinor> <t3jqos$nqm$1@dont-email.me> <ms11ji-hjf.ln1@Telcontar.valinor> <t3knah$k6h$1@dont-email.me> <180420221824092087%nospam@nospam.invalid> <t3l77n$5fc$1@gioia.aioe.org> <180420222334057754%nospam@nospam.invalid> <t3lf6g$cn8$1@gioia.aioe.org> <190420220824195060%nospam@nospam.invalid> <t3mb9a$kbv$1@dont-email.me> <t3mk2c$qd5$1@dont-email.me> <190420221232399079%nospam@nospam.invalid>
 by: Andy Burnelli - Wed, 20 Apr 2022 08:25 UTC

nospam wrote:

>> Notice the "FOSS" qualifier in "Andy Burnelli's" request.
>
> thereby setting the stage for his rant, and apparently yours as well.

This is yet another indication that you have an extremely low IQ nospam,
since any _adult_ would know that I always ask for FOSS apps on _all_
platforms.

In the Silicon Valley startups, they'd fire you in days if they told you
something and then you made your assessment as if you never were told that.

I've never met people as ignorant as you are in my entire life, nospam.

For you to claim that I don't always ask for FOSS apps in all the platforms,
just is further explicit proof of how shockingly stupid all you iKooks are.

> there are also various free solutions.

Heh heh heh... I only looked for about ten or fifteen minutes and I probably
know more now than you do and even more than you ever will about them in
your entire life nospam. You're _that_ shockingly stupid.

The proof of how stupid you are nospam is the answer to this question.
*NAME JUST ONE*

Note: I can tell you have no education whatsoever because you couldn't pass
a single class in college or graduate school always being so very wrong.

>> Personally I have not seen a FOSS solution to mirror an iPhone screen to
>> a Windows PC, and I've looked for one in the past.
>
> bullshit you've searched.
>
> there are *several* free options for mirroring an iphone to windows,
> which are *easily* found in a search.

Oh yeah. Let's hear them nospam.
*NAME JUST ONE*

Note both Steve and I listed a bunch of apps, none of which are free; but at
least we listed the apps we found, whereas these iKooks can never come up
with the facts.

It's further proof of my claim that all the iKooks have shockingly low IQs.
They can't even back up a _single_ claim they make with even a single fact.
> in fact, did another search just now and found a few new ones.

Again, the fact that nospam makes these claims is indicative of his
shockingly low IQ because, like a small child who says he did his homework,
he never seems to be able to find it in his backpack to give to the teacher.

*NAME JUST ONE*

> the method is not proprietary and anyone can write such a utility
> (assuming they're not clueless like some people here).

It's interesting that it's nospam who is clueless since he's the one who is
making claims that he can't back up - and yet his defense is that everyone
else is clueless as he already gave us the answer a hundred times will be
his _next_ response.

Another way to tell nospam has an extremely low IQ is that all his excuses
for why he doesn't have his homework that he claimed he did can be predicted
_years_ in advance.

His brain can't even come up with a better excuse than it's in the bag.
And yet, it's not.

*NAME JUST ONE*

> it also looks like you are using 'foss', as your troll-buddy 'arlen',
> aka andy burnelli does, to be able to reject any suggestion made.

Again, you'd be fired if you made assessments like that in any Silicon
Valley startup nospam because any _adult_ knows that I _always_ use FOSS
apps.

Most people on Usenet are cowards, so nobody is going to back up that claim,
but I know it's true and that means you are incredibly ignorant, nospam.

The fact _all_ your assessments are dead wrong is how I know you not only
have an extremely low IQ, but that you hang around dumb people who _believe_
your bullshit, nospam.

But no adult believes that you did your homework since you can never produce
it.

*NAME JUST ONE*

>> For the
>> iPhone and iPad, it�s possible to do screen mirroring to a Windows PC
>> but it isn�t free
>
> wrong. it is possible to do that *for* *free*.

Name a single FOSS app that does it for iOS on Windows, nospam.
*NAME JUST ONE*

The fact you can't, and yet that you say you can, is a sure indicator that
your IQ is so low that you don't even realize that everyone else knows this.

> you're not interested in learning how because it doesn't fit your
> narrative.

Heh heh heh... you sound just like the Russian Foreign Minister when he
tried to push his "Humanitarian" resolution in the UN Security Council.

The fact is _YOU_ are the one for whom FOSS doesn't fit _your_ narrative.
It _always_ fit mine.

*NAME JUST ONE*

>> But if there's a FOSS solution for mirroring the iPhone and/or iPad to a
>> Windows PC, that nospam knows about, I'd of course include it. It's
>> typical behavior of nospam to insist that he knows an answer to
>> someone's question but to play these kinds of games.
>
> the only games are yours.

Again, you sound like Sergey Lavrov and, in fact, you could be his twin.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergey_Lavrov

It's _you_ who is playing the games here.
The rest of us want to know if there is a FOSS Windows iOS mirroring app.

And, so far, neither Steve nor I can find it and yet you claim they abound.
*NAME JUST ONE*

> you know quite well you won't include anything i say because i
> consistently show you to be totally wrong for nearly everything in that
> 'document' (and other topics too).

I'll include it in my tutorial nospam since I'm the one asking for a FOSS
Windows iOS mirroring app and you're the one claiming they abound.

*NAME JUST ONE*

> you also won't include anything several other people say which also
> show you to be wrong.

You and Sergey Lavrov are the same in how you make these claims that are
patently untrue simply because _YOU_ claimed that the FOSS Windows iOS
mirroring apps abound and all the rest of us are asking you is name one.

*NAME JUST ONE*

> it would help if you actually used an iphone before creating a
> 'document' about it. at least then it might be somewhat accurate rather
> than a cesspool of easily refuted propaganda bullshit.

BTW, as an intelligent, well educated person (in stark contrast to nospam
and the rest of the ill-educated low-IQ iKooks), I _test_ out all freeware
suggestions, and, in fact, I just tested for Andy Burns the "Cards" app,
which, to the point of this thread, does NOT allow screenshotting (heh heh).
<https://i.postimg.cc/90pQ60PS/cards05.jpg> Added a VISA & an insurance ID

For those who don't know it, the Cards app is a free encrypted wallet that
can store your ID cards _without_ you having to log into anything.

Snapping that screenshot was trivial on Window because I mirror Android over
Wi-Fi with a simple command on Windows (and zero added software on Android).
--
The problem with the iKooks like Jolly Roger & nospam is that they think
everyone is as incredibly low IQ as they have - which is why spending a half

Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"

<t3onje$73i$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=30856&group=comp.mobile.android#30856

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 11:34:38 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Wed, 20 Apr 2022 10:34 UTC

Andy Burnelli wrote:

> The README shows how to do everything that I was asking about
> a. Pinch to zoom with a mouse
> b. Keep phone awake
> c. Copy/paste between Android & Windows (both ways)
> etc.
> <https://github.com/Genymobile/scrcpy#readme>

For two days now I've been both using the phone in my hands, and mirrroting
the phone at my desktop monitor (both working at the same time), which is
really convenient. You can leave it on the charger, for example, and still
use it on your computer - which again - you can do anything that you want.

About the only gotcha that was left was that it wasn't intuitive how to get
the copy and paste working between the two platforms - but I figured it out.

The MOD key for my phone is apparently the left alt key and not the Windows
key (also known as the "Super" key in the scrcpy readme file).

For some reason unknown to me as yet, the Shift key is also required.

Hence, if I want to paste a long URL from Windows into the mirrored phone
Pulse SMS app, on Windows I select and copy the URL normally with Control+C.

Then in Pulse SMS on the mirrored Android screen, I press the Shift and the
Left Alt key and the V key to paste that long URL from Windows to Android.

To go the other way, I select & copy the text using the normal Android
methods (usually you long press and deal with the "select all" stuff) and
then the paste back into Windows is just a normal Control+V sequence.

From the README at <https://github.com/Genymobile/scrcpy#readme>

--legacy-paste
Inject computer clipboard text as a sequence of key events on Ctrl+v
(like MOD+Shift+v).
This is a workaround for some devices not behaving as expected when
setting the device clipboard programmatically.

MOD+v
Copy computer clipboard to device, then paste (inject PASTE keycode,
Android >= 7 only)

MOD+Shift+v
Inject computer clipboard text as a sequence of key events

So far _all_ the things I needed to do have been in the options, including
hitting the hardware buttons using various "Left Alt" MOD key combinations.

MOD+Up
Click on VOLUME_UP

MOD+Down
Click on VOLUME_DOWN

In summary, pretty much it does everything you'd want it to do, where it's
so convenient, you can keep the phone on your screen all day while you're
using the phone in your hands such that you can use the phone even if it's
fifty feet away from you.

In fact, I used it to snap pictures of a fox outside when I kept the camera
on, and then when I saw the vixen, I snapped a picture without the fox ever
knowing I was watching her. :)

Since you can likely run _multiple_ Android devices on your desktop monitor,
you can turn any spare Android phone into a remote "keyhole camera" of
sorts.

Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"

<t3pva1$1aet$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=30893&group=comp.mobile.android#30893

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 15:52:15 -0600
 by: Andy Burnelli - Wed, 20 Apr 2022 21:52 UTC

Update.

The summary below is posted because I'm an intelligent, kind-hearted,
purposefully helpful netizen who cares that others can do what I was
able to do given a few hours learning how to mirror Android perfectly
on Windows (where all the tricks below were learned on this newsgroup!).
<https://i.postimg.cc/N0G1TXcZ/scrcpy01.jpg> Mirror Android on any PC
<https://i.postimg.cc/tTmdgKTB/scrcpy02.jpg> An efficient program setup
<https://i.postimg.cc/Vvrq0K0m/scrcpy03.jpg> The efficient setup explained

SUMMARY:
To mirror Android on Windows over Wi-Fi or USB, tap the custom shortcut.
Or tap the taskbar Run icon & enter "scrcpy<return>".
To screenshot _just_ the Android window, press "Ctrl+LeftArrow"
Voila!

The dozen well-organized setups below are how _all_ programs should be set up.
0. The {adb,scrcpy} FOSS zip file is at <https://github.com/Genymobile/scrcpy>
1. The executable is saved in c:\archive\editor\android\scrcpy\scrcopy.zip
2. The program is installed to c:\app\editor\android\scrcpy\{adb,scrcpy}.exe
3. The shortcut is saved to c:\menu\editor\android\scrcpy.lnk
4. The menu is pinned to the taskbar (note all hierarchies mirror each other)
5. The apppath RUN command is: Win+R > scrcpy
6. That runs [HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\scrcpy.exe]
7. Which is defined as: [@Default=c:\menu\editor\android\scrcpy.lnk]
8. The TARGET is: %comspec% /k cd /d "c:\app\editor\android\scrcpy" && adb connect 192.168.0.2:5555 && scrcpy --always-on-top --tcpip=192.168.0.2:5555
9. The ICON is: c:\icon\editor\android\scrcpy\scrcpy.ico
10. From: https://cdn4.iconfinder.com/data/icons/smart-phones-technologies/512/android-phone-color.png
11. The mount command is: net use Z: \\192.168.0.2@8080\DavWWWRoot /USER:andy burnelli
12. The Irfanview capture command is: capture_$U(%Y%m%d_%H%M%S)_###

Those dozen setup steps make running & managing screen mirroring easy!
a. To mirror Android, just type "scrcpy" on Windows
(Zero software needs to be on Android as this is transparent to Android!)
b. You can save from Windows _directly_ to Android since _all_ of Android is
mounted as a drive letter (the entire phone, even the read-only system!)
c. You can paste the Windows clipboard to Android with "Shift+Leftalt+V"
(all other cut/copy/paste commands work as you are already used to)
d. You can operate Android hardware buttons using that "LeftAlt" MOD key
(e.g., "LeftAlt+UpArrow" presses the volume up key by one notch each time)
<https://github.com/Genymobile/scrcpy#readme>

As always, if you can find a way to _improve_ this process, please post your
added value as Usenet is where purposefully helpful kind-hearted people help
each other by sharing the knowledge as a team sport for the benefit of all!

This will be saved in the permanent Usenet records for future reference:
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/Pmcqi4Mvuhw>
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.comp.microsoft.windows/c/eMYBmpq2H50>
--
Usenet is a world-wide team sport where purposefully helpful kind-hearted
adults help each other and learn by pooling our individual capabilities.

Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"

<t3qkaa$1g7q$2@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=30901&group=comp.mobile.android#30901

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 04:50:49 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Thu, 21 Apr 2022 03:50 UTC

Andy Burnelli wrote:

> To mirror Android on Windows over Wi-Fi or USB, tap the custom shortcut.
> Or tap the taskbar Run icon & enter "scrcpy<return>".
> To screenshot _just_ the Android window, press "Ctrl+LeftArrow"

To those of you who know about Covey, sharpening the saw is a basic skill.
To learn more about screen mirroring, I ran a basic search and found these.

*10 Best Apps To Mirror Android Screen To PC in 2022*
<https://techviral.net/best-apps-to-mirror-android-screen-to-pc/>
Teamview Quick Support
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamviewer.quicksupport.market>
Vysor
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.vysor>
ApowerMirror
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.apowersoft.mirror>
AirDroid
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sand.airdroid>
Screen Stream Mirroring
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobzapp.screenstream.trial>
Mobile to PC Screen Mirroring/Sharing
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.agileapps.screenstream>
Mobizen Mirroring (file not found)
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rsupport.mobizen.cn>
Miracast Display Finder
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.agillaapps.miracastfinder>
Screen Cast
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.screencast>
MirrorGo
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wondershare.mirrorgo>

Note some of those are dumb casts, which isn't the same thing we've
accomplished with scrcpy (which can _control_ Android from Windows).

Also note that since all of those run on Android, they may respect the
screenshot prevention security policy, which, after all, was what the
original problem set entailed.

*How to mirror Android to PC - 6 Best Apps*
<https://fossbytes.com/android-screen-mirroring-apps-pc/>
Vysor ($10 yearly)
ApowerMirror ($30 yearly)
AirDroid ($20 yearly)
Screen Stream Mirroring by MobZapp ($5)
Mobizen ($24 yearly)

*How to Mirror Your Android Display on a Windows Computer*
<https://www.howtogeek.com/726487/how-to-mirror-your-android-display-on-a-windows-computer/>
Samsung Your Phone app (it's a hidden app on some Samsungs only)
AirDroid <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sand.airdroid>

*Mirroring an Android Phone to a Windows PC*
<https://www.alphr.com/how-to-mirror-android-to-a-pc-or-laptop/>
Scrcpy <https://github.com/Genymobile/scrcpy>

*How to Screen Mirror Android Phone Tablet to Windows*
<https://www.techsolutions.support.com/how-to/how-to-screen-mirror-android-phone-tablet-to-windows-12652>
Microsoft app Connect with Miracast

There's also a free product called "LetsView" which can screenshot.
But it doesn't allow you to control the phone from the PC.
<https://letsview.com/windows> (apowersoft)
Mirrors two PC screens or android or iOS on Windows
but it doesn't control the device. It's just a dumb cast over Wi-Fi.
It supports AirPlay and Miracast to wirelessly stream Android
and iPhone screens to PC with audio.
<https://letsview.com/faqs/faq>

And there's this shill for "Tenorshare Phone Mirror" ($40 yearly)
<https://www.tenorshare.com/mirror-android/how-to-mirror-android-to-pc.html#p6>

If that quick skim of what's available for mirroring and _interacting_ with
Android over Windows (Wi-Fi & USB), then scrcpy is perhaps a good choice
indeed (since it works completely on Windows using methods we already have).
--
Usenet is a huge community of kind hearted people who help each other learn.

Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"

<t3s0m3$16t8$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=30914&group=comp.mobile.android#30914

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.apps
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 17:28:01 +0100
References: <t3eujs$lv1$1@gioia.aioe.org> <jc0facFpl0bU1@mid.individual.net> <v3cvii-ra7.ln1@Telcontar.valinor> <t3jqos$nqm$1@dont-email.me> <ms11ji-hjf.ln1@Telcontar.valinor> <t3knah$k6h$1@dont-email.me> <180420221824092087%nospam@nospam.invalid> <t3l77n$5fc$1@gioia.aioe.org> <180420222334057754%nospam@nospam.invalid> <t3lf6g$cn8$1@gioia.aioe.org> <190420220824195060%nospam@nospam.invalid> <t3mb9a$kbv$1@dont-email.me>
 by: Andy Burnelli - Thu, 21 Apr 2022 16:28 UTC

NY wrote:

> If the solution is "actually quite simple" then why the F won't you just
> tell people the answer instead of sitting there smugly saying "I know the
> answer - but I'm not going to tell you".

I would be perfectly happy if nospam is correct that we missed the solution.
> The spirit of news groups is a community of people who actually *want* to
> help each other.

All I want is the solution so that I can add it to my helpful tutorials.

> There is no place for people like you who sit on the
> sidelines, being smug, and not passing on their knowledge or experiences.

Steve & I both ran a search but nospam claims we're too stupid to find the
many solutions to the stated problem that nospam says he knows of offhand.

> He spent a lot of time wandering round the office, looking over people's
> shoulders, muttering "yes, that's easy" or "it's in one of those books
> over there".

We're all still waiting for nospam to come up with what he claims we missed.
--
Usenet is where kind-hearted people daily gather to voluntarily help others.

Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"

<t3tab4$adq$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=30933&group=comp.mobile.android#30933

Followup: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 05:18:58 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Fri, 22 Apr 2022 04:18 UTC

Andy Burnelli wrote:

> If that quick skim of what's available for mirroring and _interacting_ with
> Android over Windows (Wi-Fi & USB), then scrcpy is perhaps a good choice
> indeed (since it works completely on Windows using methods we already have).

UPDATE:
<https://i.postimg.cc/V6tyDpNd/aurora17.jpg> Save every APK ever installed
<https://i.postimg.cc/hjkVFyqJ/scrcpy07.jpg> Android mounted as a Win drive
<https://i.postimg.cc/Sx1hgWmY/scrcpy06.jpg> Press two hardware buttons
<https://i.postimg.cc/wvsbcNBz/scrcpy05.jpg> Drag APK from Windows
<https://i.postimg.cc/Y00vx4yp/scrcpy04.jpg> Extraneous cmd window (&)
<https://i.postimg.cc/Vvrq0K0m/scrcpy03.jpg> The efficient setup explained
<https://i.postimg.cc/tTmdgKTB/scrcpy02.jpg> An efficient program setup
<https://i.postimg.cc/N0G1TXcZ/scrcpy01.jpg> Mirror Android on any PC

Woo hoo!

Today I needed to screenshot the Android phone from Windows over Wi-Fi by
putting the Android phone into "scroll" mode, which requires simultaneous
pressing of _two_ hardware buttons & then a subsequent tapping on a box
containing a "scroll down" icon that then pops up on the Android screen.

Given the FOSS scrcpy developers (actually, it was Genymotion who donated
the src apparently) have apparently thought of everything, it was easy.

The hardware buttons to press simultaneously are:
a. Power Key
b. Volume Down key

That was accomplished by pressing, in Windows the:
MOD key + downarrow (i.e., the volume down key) & p (i.e., the power key)

Essentially the left hand holds down the MOD key (aka the leftalt key).
And the right hand simultaneously presses the downarrow & p keyboard keys.

You need big hands, where, luckily, mine are XXL so it's no problem for me.

BTW, you can even expand and collapse the notification panel:
a. Expand Notification Panel === Mod + n
b. Collapse Notification Panel === Mod + Shift + n

But one of the _neatest_ tricks was the drag and drop of an APK file!
<https://i.postimg.cc/wvsbcNBz/scrcpy05.jpg>

Literally, you drag _any_ APK from your PC file system onto the mirrored
Android Window, and it's _silently_ completely installed automatically!

How kewl is that!

If you consider that a WebDAV server mounts the _entire_ Android phone
system (even the system root filesystem!) onto Windows as a drive letter,
coupled with the FOSS Google Play Store client _not_ deleting APKs after
they're installed off of the Google Play Store... then you have complete
drag-and-drop access to _all_ the APKs you've ever installed - on _multiple_
phones which are on your LAN - all completely seamlessly and silently!
<https://i.postimg.cc/hjkVFyqJ/scrcpy07.jpg> Android mounted as a Win drive

This FOSS Windows scrcpy program is an instant keeper!
<https://github.com/Genymobile/scrcpy>

It's so simple... the developers have thought of almost everything already!
--
Usenet is where friendly people daily gather to discuss topics of interest.

Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"

<t43q1v$lv7$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31121&group=comp.mobile.android#31121

Followup: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 16:23:59 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 15:23 UTC

Andy Burnelli wrote:

> This FOSS Windows scrcpy program is an instant keeper!
> <https://github.com/Genymobile/scrcpy>

I'm not ashamed to admit just a few days ago I was ignorant of the ease of
not only bypassing all Android recording restrictions, but also of how well
this FOSS software works to allow operation of Android on Windows over WiFi.

You can sit at your computer with your phone on a charger fifty feet away,
and you can still control the phone using the Windows PC mouse & keyboard
(and the phone grows to 20 inches from 6.5 inches for those tired old eyes).

When I asked on the other operating system newsgroups how people do it, the
_adult_ operating system newsgroups added tremendous value to the setup:
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.msdos.batch/c/DmexCLwn_tM>
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.comp.microsoft.windows/c/eMYBmpq2H50>

Only on the child-like Apple operating system newsgroup was there no value.
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/6Oc1eLcB7uM>

In fact, as usual, the child-like Apple owners deprecated the mere hint that
anyone would want to be able to do something Apple didn't provide to them.

It's always the case with these Apple child-like operating system newsgroups
that the _same_ question asked of them garners child-like responses that
never appear on the _adult_ operating systems newsgroups (see above proof).

Nonetheless, the goal is to learn how to wrest control over the device,
where it's _fantastic_ how well FOSS smartphone mirroring works on PCs.

Below, for all to benefit from in the permanent archive, are illustrations:
<https://i.postimg.cc/Y93b1z0n/scrcpy18.jpg> Free Automation APKs
<https://i.postimg.cc/bvRXdbxg/scrcpy17.jpg> AutoIT & IFFT & Automate
<https://i.postimg.cc/5NrK7jtg/scrcpy16.jpg> powershell hide-console trick
<https://i.postimg.cc/g2yNftw0/scrcpy15.jpg> Trick to pin batch shortcut
<https://i.postimg.cc/XqZsmVFM/scrcpy14.jpg> AppPath & shortcut TARGET
<https://i.postimg.cc/CxXH6N2r/scrcpy13.jpg> No scrcpy console window!
<https://i.postimg.cc/yYKNnHxD/scrcpy12.jpg> REG test of showwin.lnk
<https://i.postimg.cc/7LWJhWxq/scrcpy11.jpg> Shortcut test of showwin.lnk
<https://i.postimg.cc/fyWw2nXh/scrcpy10.jpg> The console came up :(
<https://i.postimg.cc/66Gn2t2g/scrcpy09.jpg> REG test of showwin.bat
<https://i.postimg.cc/nV6K0Cfn/scrcpy08.jpg> CMD test of showwin.bat
<https://i.postimg.cc/hjkVFyqJ/scrcpy07.jpg> Android mnt as drive letter
<https://i.postimg.cc/Sx1hgWmY/scrcpy06.jpg> Press two hardware buttons
<https://i.postimg.cc/wvsbcNBz/scrcpy05.jpg> Drag APK from Windows
<https://i.postimg.cc/Y00vx4yp/scrcpy04.jpg> Extraneous cmd window (&)
<https://i.postimg.cc/Vvrq0K0m/scrcpy03.jpg> The efficient setup explained
<https://i.postimg.cc/tTmdgKTB/scrcpy02.jpg> An efficient program setup
<https://i.postimg.cc/N0G1TXcZ/scrcpy01.jpg> Mirror Android on any PC

If you can _improve_ this process such that we all benefit, please do so!
--
Usenet is where friendly adults daily gather to discuss topics of interest.

Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"

<t49tc0$16un$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31257&group=comp.mobile.android#31257

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.apps
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 23:57:20 +0100
References: <t3eujs$lv1$1@gioia.aioe.org> <jc0facFpl0bU1@mid.individual.net> <v3cvii-ra7.ln1@Telcontar.valinor> <t3jqos$nqm$1@dont-email.me> <ms11ji-hjf.ln1@Telcontar.valinor> <t3knah$k6h$1@dont-email.me> <180420221824092087%nospam@nospam.invalid> <t3l77n$5fc$1@gioia.aioe.org> <180420222334057754%nospam@nospam.invalid> <t3lf6g$cn8$1@gioia.aioe.org> <190420220824195060%nospam@nospam.invalid> <t3mb9a$kbv$1@dont-email.me> <t3s0m3$16t8$1@gioia.aioe.org>
 by: Andy Burnelli - Tue, 26 Apr 2022 22:57 UTC

Andy Burnelli wrote:

> We're all still waiting for nospam to come up with what he claims we missed.

Not surprisingly, we're _still_ waiting for nospam to back up his claims.

Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"

<2p%9K.2657$hN04.1852@fx40.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31258&group=comp.mobile.android#31258

Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.apps
References: <t3eujs$lv1$1@gioia.aioe.org> <jc0facFpl0bU1@mid.individual.net> <v3cvii-ra7.ln1@Telcontar.valinor> <t3jqos$nqm$1@dont-email.me> <ms11ji-hjf.ln1@Telcontar.valinor> <t3knah$k6h$1@dont-email.me> <180420221824092087%nospam@nospam.invalid> <t3l77n$5fc$1@gioia.aioe.org> <180420222334057754%nospam@nospam.invalid> <t3lf6g$cn8$1@gioia.aioe.org> <190420220824195060%nospam@nospam.invalid> <t3mb9a$kbv$1@dont-email.me> <t3s0m3$16t8$1@gioia.aioe.org> <t49tc0$16un$1@gioia.aioe.org>
From: han...@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 18:39:42 -0500
 by: Hank Rogers - Tue, 26 Apr 2022 23:39 UTC

Andy Burnelli wrote:
> Andy Burnelli wrote:
>
>> We're all still waiting for nospam to come up with what he claims
>> we missed.
>
> Not surprisingly, we're _still_ waiting for nospam to back up his
> claims.

He's probably too busy laughing at you.

Maybe if you post some more book pics, that'll get his attention.

Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"

<t4baio$1gbr$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31266&group=comp.mobile.android#31266

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 12:48:57 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Wed, 27 Apr 2022 11:48 UTC

> How do you bypass an app's security policy against taking screenshots?

With Vysor, we can bypass screenshots remotely, across the Internet!

To summarize, I tested the following solutions for screen copy screenshots:
a. Screencopy scrcpy freeware
<https://github.com/Genymobile/scrcpy#readme>
b. Vysor freeware/payware
<https://github.com/koush/vysor.io/wiki>
c. PB freeware port of the PushBullet payware
<https://sidneys.github.io/pb-for-desktop/>
All of which work on Windows, macOS, and Linux desktops with Android.

Vysor even (supposedly) works with iOS (although it's a beta apparently).
<https://github.com/koush/vysor.io/wiki/Vysor-for-iOS>
(This tool we found even the Apple iOS newsgroup folks aren't aware of.)

I tried to set Vysor up with iOS and it failed but it also requires Apple
Mobile Device Support typical Apple clusterfuckware on Windows, which failed
when I tried installing it. It would probably work on a non-hardened PC.
"Vysor on Windows and Linux requires the Vysor for iOS companion app.
Currently Vysor for iOS is in Beta.
You must install TestFlight from the AppStore, and then join the beta
to get access to the Vysor for iOS app.
Install TestFlight
<https://apps.apple.com/us/app/testflight/id899247664>
Join Vysor Beta
After TestFlight is installed, click this link on iOS to join
the Vysor Beta: <https://testflight.apple.com/join/kG9lC5kf>
Start Vysor on iOS"

Yet Vysor worked perfectly, and instantly, with Android mirrored on Windows.

Here are some representative screenshots using the Vysor free version.
<https://i.postimg.cc/QNwjsCDM/vysor01.jpg> Vysor Android/iOS PC mirroring
<https://i.postimg.cc/V6TPYG3h/vysor02.jpg> Vysor console closes gracefully
<https://i.postimg.cc/v8gc5pHc/vysor03.jpg> Vysor remote sharing connection
<https://i.postimg.cc/XY3qSqKC/vysor04.jpg> Vysor ADB USB setup switches
<https://i.postimg.cc/d0V03fxQ/vysor05.jpg> Vysor mirrors over the Internet
<https://i.postimg.cc/ydJYXZKw/vysor06.jpg> Remote mirror over the Internet
<https://i.postimg.cc/Y2WCvYbF/vysor07.jpg> iOS requires Apple AMDS kluge
<https://i.postimg.cc/yYCYcxbb/vysor08.jpg> Apple Mobile Device Support
<https://i.postimg.cc/2S2zsw8s/vysor09.jpg> Classic Apple Error code 2503
<https://i.postimg.cc/XvPnJY5x/vysor10.jpg> Vysor Windows Virtual Camera
<https://i.postimg.cc/wxL9qHjc/vysor11.jpg> Vysor searches for Android/iOS
<https://i.postimg.cc/sg6r6gTy/vysor12.jpg> Vysor easily finds Android only
<https://i.postimg.cc/bv4jPFXB/vysor13.jpg> Vysor Camera virtual webcam
<https://i.postimg.cc/SRhF22xL/vysor14.jpg> Connect over the Internet
<https://i.postimg.cc/c4TyCJyY/vysor15.jpg> Apple Mobile Device Support
<https://i.postimg.cc/Jzdf3dhz/vysor16.jpg> Classic Apple Error Code 2503
<https://i.postimg.cc/ZqB1wF9F/vysor17.jpg> Install Apple AMDS engine
<https://i.postimg.cc/V6X28fWJ/vysor18.jpg> Apple Mobile Device Support
<https://i.postimg.cc/yxP5DL5B/vysor19.jpg> Classic Apple error 2503
<https://i.postimg.cc/J7cSYhhg/vysor20.jpg> Classic Apple error 2502
<https://i.postimg.cc/QdVPMkqG/vysor21.jpg> Apple iPad on Win10 over USB
<https://i.postimg.cc/Kz7pW9mL/vysor22.jpg> Apple Win10 iOS drivers suck
<https://i.postimg.cc/tCvS8nGr/vysor23.jpg> iPad is connected to Win10
<https://i.postimg.cc/3wmtyL46/vysor24.jpg> Apple Device working properly
<https://i.postimg.cc/fTy57WSY/vysor25.jpg> Best iOS drivers installed
--
Just one post from an intelligent educated helpful person is worth more
value than _all_ the posts ever made from all the low-IQ iKooks combined.

Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"

<t5mbej$p3s$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=32268&group=comp.mobile.android#32268

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 20:27:39 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Fri, 13 May 2022 19:27 UTC

Bad news.

Recently I migrated the phone from Android 11 to Android 12.
What worked, no longer works.
Drat.

Android 12 seems to have somehow broken this screenshot-bypassing trick.
Now I'm going to have to figure out another way to bypass screenshots.
Sigh.
--
Maybe they're watching us.

Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"

<8933574c-b0c5-4152-949e-67151d878a50n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=33981&group=comp.mobile.android#33981

Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 01:08:36 -0700 (PDT)
From: nemanja....@ascalab.com (Nemanja Momcilovic)
 by: Nemanja Momcilovic - Tue, 23 Aug 2022 08:08 UTC

On Friday, May 13, 2022 at 9:27:19 PM UTC+2, Andy Burnelli wrote:
> Bad news.
>
> Recently I migrated the phone from Android 11 to Android 12.
> What worked, no longer works.
> Drat.
>
> Android 12 seems to have somehow broken this screenshot-bypassing trick.
> Now I'm going to have to figure out another way to bypass screenshots.
> Sigh.
> --
> Maybe they're watching us.
Hello, I have a personal issue I'm trying to resolve with the Android 12 blocking screenshots. @here @everyone have you somehow managed to bypass the screenshot blocking, perhaps by using a third party application?

Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"

<te3csf$ddr$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=33988&group=comp.mobile.android#33988

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 21:22:07 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Tue, 23 Aug 2022 20:22 UTC

Nemanja Momcilovic wrote:

> Hello, I have a personal issue I'm trying to resolve with the Android 12 blocking screenshots. @here @everyone have you somehow managed to bypass the screenshot blocking, perhaps by using a third party application?

Android 12 screenshot blocking on my Samsung Galaxy A32-5G, could be
bypassed using current scrcpy freeware on the Windows PC in 100% of the
tests I ran for this thread.

When I upgraded that same phone to Android 12 and ran those same tests,
the bypassing only worked about half the time in the tests that I ran.

Dunno what's different.
--
Posted out of the goodness of my heart to disseminate useful information
which in this case was to help someone answer a question about Android 12.

Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"

<teb4he$1pt7$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34029&group=comp.mobile.android#34029

From: dav...@solimano.org (David L. P. Solimano)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 14:48:14 -0400
 by: David L. P. Solimano - Fri, 26 Aug 2022 18:48 UTC

Nemanja Momcilovic wrote:
> On Friday, May 13, 2022 at 9:27:19 PM UTC+2, Andy Burnelli wrote:
>> Bad news.
>>
>> Recently I migrated the phone from Android 11 to Android 12.
>> What worked, no longer works.
>> Drat.
>>
>> Android 12 seems to have somehow broken this screenshot-bypassing trick.
>> Now I'm going to have to figure out another way to bypass screenshots.
>> Sigh.
>> --
>> Maybe they're watching us.
> Hello, I have a personal issue I'm trying to resolve with the Android 12 blocking screenshots. @here @everyone have you somehow managed to bypass the screenshot blocking, perhaps by using a third party application?

My foolproof low-tech workaround is to have a second phone handy, and
use its camera. Inconvenient but works every time.

--
David Solimano
david@solimano.org

Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"

<ted665$a61t$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34039&group=comp.mobile.android#34039

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 06:28:36 -0700
 by: sms - Sat, 27 Aug 2022 13:28 UTC

On 4/16/2022 11:13 AM, Andy Burns wrote:
> Andy Burnelli wrote:
>
>> How do you bypass an app's security policy against taking screenshots?
>
> With a separate camera?  Makes it pretty pointless to block the screenshot.

Yes, but that's a pain to do.

The best workaround is to use an iPhone which doesn't support apps
implementing the prevention of screenshots.

Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"

<ted6jo$a7lo$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34040&group=comp.mobile.android#34040

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 06:35:49 -0700
 by: sms - Sat, 27 Aug 2022 13:35 UTC

On 8/23/2022 1:08 AM, Nemanja Momcilovic wrote:
> On Friday, May 13, 2022 at 9:27:19 PM UTC+2, Andy Burnelli wrote:
>> Bad news.
>>
>> Recently I migrated the phone from Android 11 to Android 12.
>> What worked, no longer works.
>> Drat.
>>
>> Android 12 seems to have somehow broken this screenshot-bypassing trick.
>> Now I'm going to have to figure out another way to bypass screenshots.
>> Sigh.
>> --
>> Maybe they're watching us.
> Hello, I have a personal issue I'm trying to resolve with the Android 12 blocking screenshots. @here @everyone have you somehow managed to bypass the screenshot blocking, perhaps by using a third party application?

Not possible as far as I know. The capability to block screenshots is
part of the Android OS and apps can take advantage of that capability.

The iPhone lacks that security feature so if you can find someone with
an iPhone and use it to go to the same place in the iPhone version of
the app, you can get around this problem. I've done that in the past.

Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"

<270820220956388658%nospam@nospam.invalid>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34041&group=comp.mobile.android#34041

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 09:56:38 -0400
 by: nospam - Sat, 27 Aug 2022 13:56 UTC

In article <ted665$a61t$1@dont-email.me>, sms
<scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:

> >> How do you bypass an app's security policy against taking screenshots?
> >
> > With a separate camera?  Makes it pretty pointless to block the screenshot.
>
> Yes, but that's a pain to do.
>
> The best workaround is to use an iPhone which doesn't support apps
> implementing the prevention of screenshots.

yes it does, and in a similar manner as android.

Re: Bypassing "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"

<270820220956398753%nospam@nospam.invalid>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34042&group=comp.mobile.android#34042

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 09:56:39 -0400
 by: nospam - Sat, 27 Aug 2022 13:56 UTC

In article <ted6jo$a7lo$1@dont-email.me>, sms
<scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:

> Not possible as far as I know. The capability to block screenshots is
> part of the Android OS and apps can take advantage of that capability.

that is true.

> The iPhone lacks that security feature

that is false.